Newport Central Catholic at Ryle Predictions

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Newport Central Catholic

    47 42.34%
  • Ryle

    64 57.66%
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Posts
    138

    Newport Central Catholic at Ryle Predictions

    Newport Catholic or Ryle? Opinions....
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    3,036

    Ryle by at least 3 TD's.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Posts
    270

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dandy
    Ryle by at least 3 TD's.
    Not saying Ryle won't win, but there is NO WAY they win by 3 td's. Sooner or later the LARGE schools will have ro accept that the smaller schools in NKY can play with them.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Posts
    32,704

    Having watched Ryle against the Birds and NC against the Colonels, I have to lean towards the Union-ites.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    4,912

    I think it should be a good game. Two years ago I think Ryle was a critical game for NewCath in that it showed them they could beat a quality large team that is physically much bigger and has more roster depth. Last year NCC made numerous mistakes on offense in the first half and still only trailed 6-0 but found out you can't give a team as good as Ryle turnovers that put your defense back on the field because Ryle will flat out wear down a smaller school.

    It has been a good series for Ryle in that it exposes Ryle to a spread offense, a no huddle offense, etc. that Ryle will see somewhere down the line in playoff competition instead of the run oriented offenses that they see a lot of in the old 4A and the new 6A district.

    So for this year I don't think you will see NewCath running it that much on Ryle, so I guess it comes down to how well Ryle defenses the spread offense.
    NCC may be a little worn down after the defensive battle with CovCath and a short week, and Ryle should not be spent after routing Newport. With Ryle at home they should have an advantage. If NCC doesn't turn it over they might hang around and have a shot to win at the end. If they can't run the ball, turn it over, and max out physically, Ryle should win going away.

  6. #6
    Theoldguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    14,394

    I too will go with Ryle after watching the HHS vs. Ryle game and the CovCath vs. NewCath game, but Ryle had better bring it's "A" game as it won't be a easy game for Ryle to win. If Ryle comes into this game thinking that's it only 2A NCC, they will get beat.....

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    3,036

    Quote Originally Posted by 110764
    Not saying Ryle won't win, but there is NO WAY they win by 3 td's. Sooner or later the LARGE schools will have ro accept that the smaller schools in NKY can play with them.
    Like Newport played with Ryle last week. The only small school vrs. Big school losses so far have been against weaker big school programs.

  8. #8
    BGGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    3,572

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dandy
    Like Newport played with Ryle last week. The only small school vrs. Big school losses so far have been against weaker big school programs.
    I don't think you can call CovCath (NCC) or Dixie (Beechwood) "weaker big school programs"?? CCH might be down this year, and Dixie is taking a while getting their "O" going, but weak programs??

  9. #9
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,529

    I'm going out on a limb here and and going with NewCath in a squeaker.
    21-20 - NewCath.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    3,036

    Quote Originally Posted by BGGreen
    I don't think you can call CovCath (NCC) or Dixie (Beechwood) "weaker big school programs"?? CCH might be down this year, and Dixie is taking a while getting their "O" going, but weak programs??
    I was thinking more on the line of Scott / Dayton.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Posts
    583

    No possible way that Ryle takes NC for granted with the "only 2A' thinking. It sure did not look like they took Newport for granted, so why the heck would they take a much better NC team for granted? The Raiders will continue to prove that they are a pretty darn good football team in this one. To say no way Ryle wins by 3 TD's is a bit short sighted IMO. NC is capable of winning the game by the closest of margins and Ryle is capable of winning the game pretty big.

  12. #12
    BigBlueBash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07
    Posts
    230

    I'm going to take NCC using the same math I used to pick NCC over CCH. If Ryle is a 6A school, then I will take NCC by 4 (6A-2A=4). It is very confusing how these small schools keep getting it done. What's the deal?

  13. #13
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,522

    I like Ryle in this one. The running game is very good out in Union and Benke is really coming into his own as a SR. leader. They have a big line and will control the line of scrimmage.

    Ryle is out to avenge that poor showing during week 1 just look at what they did to Newport last week on Newports beautiful turf.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    FT THOMAS
    Posts
    1,320

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State
    I'm going out on a limb here and and going with NewCath in a squeaker.
    21-20 - NewCath.

    I agree, I think that NewCath can do it. If Highlands can beat Trotwood, NCC can beat a bigger Ryle. I like to root for the teams on this side of the Licking River (the only one in the world besides the Nile that flows north). Go Breds!! Just can't root for you when you play the Birds.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    970

    Quote Originally Posted by FTBIGBIRD
    I agree, I think that NewCath can do it. If Highlands can beat Trotwood, NCC can beat a bigger Ryle. I like to root for the teams on this side of the Licking River (the only one in the world besides the Nile that flows north). Go Breds!! Just can't root for you when you play the Birds.
    I hate to blow your bubble, there is another river in Ky that run' s north. It's called the Ky River.

Top