NCC 49 Bellevue 0

Page 3 of [QUOTE=mexitucky] Originally Posted by 35TIGER84 I sure hope that you have evidence for that claim. Watch the films!... 51 comments | 1526 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    4,912

    Quote Originally Posted by 98NCCalum
    You should have been listening to us on 96.5
    But I bet Ken Broo mooched a free meal from some high school concession stand and you didn't.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    nyrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07
    Posts
    388

    After watching this game I can say that I don't know who in 2A is going to beat NCC.


    As far as Bellevue is concerned.........obviously a painful game to watch but.....if you truely want to compete against the best teams in your class you have to play games like this. It really points out the deficiencies and what needs to happen if you want to compete for first place in a district with Beechwood. Now I didn't say they were going to beat Beechwood or even come close........but playing the Carroll's and Trimble's before going into district play does not really give you a true sense of where you are against the upper echelon.


    This game does. Kudos to Bellevue for scheduling the likes of NCC, Newport and Lloyd for the non-conference games. Now before you say Newport is awful remember these games were scheduled in Oct. of last year.

  3. #33
    nyrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07
    Posts
    388

    Oh and to the NCC faithful that is another great team and as always in this game a class act by the NCC coaches. However there are many schools that will not schedule NCC because they will not take the chance of playing them. Give Bellevue the credit as you could have been traveling to some distant corner of the state to find a game. Curious question to the NCC faithful.....why not the Birds on the schedule instead of the Tigers?????????

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,356

    Quote Originally Posted by nyrangers
    Oh and to the NCC faithful that is another great team and as always in this game a class act by the NCC coaches. However there are many schools that will not schedule NCC because they will not take the chance of playing them. Give Bellevue the credit as you could have been traveling to some distant corner of the state to find a game. Curious question to the NCC faithful.....why not the Birds on the schedule instead of the Tigers?????????
    I for one would love to see it. NewCath is in the best football position it has been in since the late 70's. The talent is coming onto the hill year after year. When NewCath and Highlands stopped their series after the '98 game, NewCath was at its low point while Highlands was at the highest point in its program history as it would go on to win three straight AAA titles after having won in '96. Those Highlands teams were better than what Highlands has in place now, while this Highlands team is great, you can't really compare them, at least in star power. NewCath is on the upswing. Both schools put the emphasis on speed over size. Power over strength. It would be a fairly competitive game. I believe that most years Highlands would win by a double digit margin, but there would be those games where NewCath would win, maybe once every five years. Either way, I want to see this played. It's an old rivalry with great tradition.

  5. #35
    nyrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07
    Posts
    388

    Mexitucky that was exactly my point. NCC stopped the game as Highlands was at its highest point. And yes it was NCC that would not and still will not play Highlands.

    This to me is NCC's highest football point and Bellevue as not even considered dropping the game. Bellevue is working very hard to get its program back to a consistent level. This coaching staff will do that and ducking teams like NCC is not something they want to do.

  6. #36
    98NCCalum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    It's been fun BGP! Be good....
    Posts
    19,155

    Quote Originally Posted by All Play No Work
    But I bet Ken Broo mooched a free meal from some high school concession stand and you didn't.
    I think that goes without saying.....we're trying to get some free food in the studio, hasn't panned out yet,

  7. #37
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    9,246

    Great game from the breds, but as I was watching the game I was wondering why with two minutes to go and NCC up 49 they still insisted on passing the ball instead of running the ball and letting the clock run out.

  8. #38
    98NCCalum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    It's been fun BGP! Be good....
    Posts
    19,155

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams
    Great game from the breds, but as I was watching the game I was wondering why with two minutes to go and NCC up 49 they still insisted on passing the ball instead of running the ball and letting the clock run out.
    Wasn't it a running clock already?

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    461

    I really don't think the fact Highlands was so good and New Cath was at a low when they stopped playing was a factor. The games were very emotional for both teams because so many kids from both teams were from Ft. Thomas. As a result there were students (not players) fighting after the games. I believe they were just suppose to cool off for a couple years, but for some reason the games have never resumed.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    82

    Anyone know how the kid from Bellevue is?(#40) He had a nice fumble recovery late in the game and was tackled on the Bellevue side line and looked as if he may have hurt an ankle or possibly his knee? Any update on him? I hope he is alright, he looked to be a defensive leader for the Tigers.

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Posts
    17

    Quote Originally Posted by WiseBred
    Anyone know how the kid from Bellevue is?(#40) He had a nice fumble recovery late in the game and was tackled on the Bellevue side line and looked as if he may have hurt an ankle or possibly his knee? Any update on him? I hope he is alright, he looked to be a defensive leader for the Tigers.

    Travis Lyvers is a leader on the team. He was carried to the bus by his teammates with his knee iced. Don't know how he is doing today.

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,356

    Quote Originally Posted by nyrangers
    Mexitucky that was exactly my point. NCC stopped the game as Highlands was at its highest point. And yes it was NCC that would not and still will not play Highlands.

    This to me is NCC's highest football point and Bellevue as not even considered dropping the game. Bellevue is working very hard to get its program back to a consistent level. This coaching staff will do that and ducking teams like NCC is not something they want to do.
    In all fairness, NewCath has played a tough schedule the last few years. Just b/c they don't have Highlands on there doesn't mean anything, really, as last year they faced CovCath who beat Highlands twice and faced Ryle who wound up 4A runner-up. They dropped Highlands not to "duck" them per se. There's animosity there between the coaches. Nobody is going to come on here and say that NewCath could consistently beat Highlands. However, it is a game that NewCath should definitely get on the schedule.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,356

    [QUOTE=35TIGER84]
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrangers
    Oh and to the NCC faithful that is another great team and as always in this game a class act by the NCC coaches.

    Yes, NCC IS a great team, but as for a class act by the NCC coaches, I totally disagree! After prayer over the sound system asking for good sportsmanship from both the players and fans, NCC came out and played well, but played dirty! In the first quarter Johnny Pabst tackled a Tiger and then proceeded to push him back down after he got up when the play was over. Of course the refs didn't "see" it nor did they see the Breds spitting in the Tigers' faces or taking cheap shots after plays. I wonder who encourages their foul behavior... you know the coaches are aware of it and probably told them to do so. For a class act, vote for Bellevue's players AND coaches! They play hard, but they play clean.

    Congratulations, NCC. Tigers, you played well. Good luck in district!
    I sure hope that you have evidence for that claim.

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,356

    Quote Originally Posted by NKU20
    I really don't think the fact Highlands was so good and New Cath was at a low when they stopped playing was a factor. The games were very emotional for both teams because so many kids from both teams were from Ft. Thomas. As a result there were students (not players) fighting after the games. I believe they were just suppose to cool off for a couple years, but for some reason the games have never resumed.
    That happened in the early 90's, not the last four games.

  15. #45
    cornerblitz31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    Northern Ky, the best place in the world for HS sports!
    Posts
    167

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog77
    It never ceases to amaze me how often you speak for "most people." Escpecially when it comes to commenting on an opponent who has beaten your team.

    "Most people" I know were hopeful that a small independent school district team could muster their talent and enthusiasm to put on a good game. "Most people" I know realize the talent distribution in a town one mile square versus a program able to draw from a wider base is a tough challenge, but one they make willingly and will make year in and year out because you don't get better playing teams you know you can beat. "Most people" I know give credit to teams for things like "takeaways" and "turnovers" and solid play and, yes, getting beaten by a superior opponent and still walking out proud.

    Apparently you and I don't know many of the same people.
    Well said.

Top