Madison Central 45 George Rogers Clark 26

Page 2 of Originally Posted by gold sunrise Great post. I agree, many times we could have had a TD with open men down field..hopefully this will be addressed thi... 31 comments | 842 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,399

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCM
    Thanks for the info on this.


    GRC had several bright spots this game. But several low light also. Should be able to update more tomorrow.
    We came storming back in the second half and had great opportunities to score more but didn't connect on open men down field.

    Another tuff loss for the Cards. Congrats to Mc on a great district win.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Posts
    115

    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy
    You can go 0-10 and still make the playoffs
    Yeah, you will be playing the top 10-0 team in the playoffs, in and out. But I don't think any top team would want to play Clark Co, they just might be in for a shocker. If the cards can get off the ground and fly just a llittle higher they will rip off a good win, on a good team, just in time for the playoffs.

  3. #18
    _Scarface_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07
    Location
    UNC 86 UK 77...Can you say 4 victories in a row for the Heels vs UK?...Gardner Webb?...WOW!
    Posts
    4,388

    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Bear
    Good game in Richmond tonight....very few flags and some big plays by both teams. I wouldn't be surprised if these two don't meet up again in the playoffs.

    As for the Indians, they gave up a lot of yardage again tonight but overall played well. Lots of offense for MC by multiple guys (Rhodes, Hope, Mays, Rainwater)....the bye next week will help to heal up some of the injuries.

    For GRC, #5 (Tatum Lewis?) is big, and had a really good game. The Cards had some success with screens and with passes to the flats.

    I don't want to get into too much detail, but I can see why a lot of GRC fans grumble on here about the focus of this team. They may not have been equally talented as the Indians overall, but they are darn close. I watched the most unfocused group of players and coaches at halftime that I have ever seen. Card player almost gets into a fight with one of his own fans, a female fan crying right in the middle of the team, players talking on cell phones, assistant coaches worrying about that crap instead of trying to plot to win the game.......it's no wonder they haven't won a game yet.

    Scott County rolls into Richmond in two weeks in what should be a huge district game.....it is a big rivalry when these two play each other in anything.
    :creepy:

    Is Joe Horn coaching them???

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    2,917

    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Bear
    Maybe you should pay a little more attention then....a big scene was made, I watched.

    I'm not trying to disrespect Clark County, but it seems like GRC fans want to talk about players not being focused or the team isn't disciplined.......things like that get you beat in close games. Obviously the talent is there, so something has to give.
    There is no reason for you to be talking about this on BGP. There was a small incident yes and what you witnessed or supposebly witnessed was a once in a time thing. End of discussion because this is innappropriate for these forums and should not be talked about on here. And btw you are totally wrong about what you said happened.

  5. #20
    Son of Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Makin' it rain
    Posts
    2,371

    ^The phone incident happened at halftime, but GRC was huddled near the track at Madison Central, as opposed to going into the visiting locker room and thus leaving themselves open to distractions. MC provides visiting teams with adequate facilities and some choose not to use them.

    I was simply trying to make the point that the Cards are only a few plays away from having a good record, and that distractions like this can only hurt the teams chances....

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    2,917

    Now about the game... I agree with you assessment that the talent level of these teams were close except for Madison Central having the edge. The kicking game suffered dramatically(as many people could tell if you were there) by the absence of our 2 normal kickers. They went on an out of state trip for a tournament the soccer team was in. Overall I saw some good things and some bad and that they need to improve on, but let me say this. If these guys come together and get there stuff straight for one full game... I would not want to play these guys first round of the playoffs! Just need to refocus and bear down in this tough stretch of the schedule. Keep working guys

  7. #22
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,399

    Quote Originally Posted by GRC4LIFE
    Now about the game... I agree with you assessment that the talent level of these teams were close except for Madison Central having the edge. The kicking game suffered dramatically(as many people could tell if you were there) by the absence of our 2 normal kickers. They went on an out of state trip for a tournament the soccer team was in. Overall I saw some good things and some bad and that they need to improve on, but let me say this. If these guys come together and get there stuff straight for one full game... I would not want to play these guys first round of the playoffs! Just need to refocus and bear down in this tough stretch of the schedule. Keep working guys
    Good post.

  8. #23
    Hearsay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Location
    W. 35th St. brownstone
    Posts
    10,478

    The cell phone discussion ends here, or the thread does, your choice. Get it back to football.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    2,917

    Thank you Hearsay. I forgot to talk about MC. As I originally thought before that they would be a strong team to reckon with, and this held true. They always have the speed and the athleticism to match up againts everybody. They can sure put up the points They will be a tough out come playoff time, what does the rest of their schedule look like?

  10. #25
    Son of Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Makin' it rain
    Posts
    2,371

    Quote Originally Posted by GRC4LIFE
    Thank you Hearsay. I forgot to talk about MC. As I originally thought before that they would be a strong team to reckon with, and this held true. They always have the speed and the athleticism to match up againts everybody. They can sure put up the points They will be a tough out come playoff time, what does the rest of their schedule look like?
    We are off next week. Then we host Scott County, go to Dunbar, go to Shelby County, host Highlands, and go to Boone County. We just finished up the soft part of our schedule 5-0, the next five games will be much tougher....

  11. #26
    StationRunsThe11th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Bear
    We are off next week. Then we host Scott County, go to Dunbar, go to Shelby County, host Highlands, and go to Boone County. We just finished up the soft part of our schedule 5-0, the next five games will be much tougher....
    You're right. MC has a very tough stretch coming up. Two weeks to prepare for a very good Scott Co. team that seems to always give the Indians trouble. That game will tell a lot about how this district is going to shake out.

  12. #27
    isthatallyougot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    588

    Let me start by saying I am a GRC fan. This team really needs some guidance and discipline and quick or this season is a wash at 0-10. The Team as a whole were arm tackling and I wish I could count the number of times a Madison runner was hit in the backfield only to gain 8-10 yards. I have always believed that fundamentals win games. If you don't have them you can not beat a good team. There is much work to be done. A few bright spots was Tatum Lewis, and Dougie Mason. They both seemed to play more inspired at times. I would guess they are tired of losing and I can't say I blame them. As a fan it is frustrating week after week but unlike the seniors for us there is always next year.

  13. #28
    MNCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    'can you keep it down? I'm trying to drink." - Don Draper
    Posts
    5,221

    Quote Originally Posted by isthatallyougot
    Let me start by saying I am a GRC fan. This team really needs some guidance and discipline and quick or this season is a wash at 0-10. The Team as a whole were arm tackling and I wish I could count the number of times a Madison runner was hit in the backfield only to gain 8-10 yards. I have always believed that fundamentals win games. If you don't have them you can not beat a good team. There is much work to be done. A few bright spots was Tatum Lewis, and Dougie Mason. They both seemed to play more inspired at times. I would guess they are tired of losing and I can't say I blame them. As a fan it is frustrating week after week but unlike the seniors for us there is always next year.

    Tatum Lewis was the "everyman" last night. Kicking, catching, tackling. He is a very talented athlete.

    I must second isthatallyougot's post. The defense (mainly the DE's and a few of the LB's) need to review and get back to the basics of tackling. They are hard hitting young men, but after the hit they must stop the runner.

    GRC's passing game had a few bright spots last night, but until the QB learns to throw the ball either under pressure or release the ball at all, this will continue to hinder them team. Countless times GRC recievers were WIDE OPEN in the middle of the field or the endzone, but he either a) Threw to the reciever that was double/triple covered, or b) simply chose not to throw to the open reciever for reasons known only to him. And if the coaches do not address this (which also happened in the 4 games prior), that 0-10 mark will likely happen.

    Coaches, we fans are behind you. We appreciate all the hard work that you put into the program. But there are issues that need to be addressed to help get this team on the right track. If this means moving players to different postions for the good of the team, we support you. If this means changing out players for whatever reason, we are behind you. Making adjustments that might be upopular for a few, might just benifit the many.

    "Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success". And Success equals winning.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    2,917

    I've always wondered why we haven't put in some plays in the offense where it fits our QB more nicely. Such as like the option game and plays like that that suits his abilities. Just a suggestion and I've heard countless people bring that up, but you gotta do what you have to do to get that W at the end of the game.

  15. #30
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,399

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCM
    Tatum Lewis was the "everyman" last night. Kicking, catching, tackling. He is a very talented athlete.

    I must second isthatallyougot's post. The defense (mainly the DE's and a few of the LB's) need to review and get back to the basics of tackling. They are hard hitting young men, but after the hit they must stop the runner.

    GRC's passing game had a few bright spots last night, but until the QB learns to throw the ball either under pressure or release the ball at all, this will continue to hinder them team. Countless times GRC recievers were WIDE OPEN in the middle of the field or the endzone, but he either a) Threw to the reciever that was double/triple covered, or b) simply chose not to throw to the open reciever for reasons known only to him. And if the coaches do not address this (which also happened in the 4 games prior), that 0-10 mark will likely happen.

    Coaches, we fans are behind you. We appreciate all the hard work that you put into the program. But there are issues that need to be addressed to help get this team on the right track. If this means moving players to different postions for the good of the team, we support you. If this means changing out players for whatever reason, we are behind you. Making adjustments that might be upopular for a few, might just benifit the many.

    "Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success". And Success equals winning.

    Great post. I agree, many times we could have had a TD with open men down field..hopefully this will be addressed this week in practice. I will add we are very limited at the QB position. Our next option would be to pull Tatum Lewis from his position and he is very effective there, especiallly last night...he was everywhere. Great game by Tatum. Last year Coach did pull our QB Eli Rector and replace him with Hudson a running back, and this really helped our overall game plan. Travis Connor has been improving each game...so glad to see this young man do so well on and off the field.

    Madison Central is rankned #10 in 6A by BGP. Next up for the Cards is #4 Henry Clay.

Top