Ludlow vs. Dayton Predictions

Page 2 of Originally Posted by 08O-Line_pride You are showing your bias. Dayton had so many stops against Holmes it wasn't funny. Daytons defense has many sacks.... 166 comments | 4909 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ludlow

    27 35.53%
  • Dayton

    49 64.47%
  1. #16
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by SEABASS
    Dayton will regroup and be ready and will beat Ludlow 24-21.
    Dude, you are assuming Dayton will make a field goal. Seriously, think about it...
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    SEABASS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 07
    Location
    King of the hill
    Posts
    703

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    Dude, you are assuming Dayton will make a field goal. Seriously, think about it...
    I meant 28. Thanks for proof reading.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    72

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    Dude, you are assuming Dayton will make a field goal. Seriously, think about it...
    Daytons kicking game has been good the past few weeks with no problems they have it solved.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    72

    Thoughts on the game Dayton wins by two touchdowns or more. If they get the ball to the best players they will be fine Dayton should dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Ellis will throw for his first touchdown and have a great game. Joe Wynn should have a field day with two touchdowns or more. Also the wide recievers will show what hasnt been seen all year long besides glimpses against Beechwood. Dayton wins 35-14 .

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    1,583

    Dayton 20
    Ludlow 13

  6. #21
    kydlineguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 07
    Location
    On your computer screen
    Posts
    287

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    Dude, you are assuming Dayton will make a field goal. Seriously, think about it...

    Who says Dayton can't convert three two pt. conversions

  7. #22
    Surf Fisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    237

    Quote Originally Posted by ESPNGUY
    everybody was so high on Dayton, and they came out flat so now everyone thinks they're no good anymore... Many people said, Dayton could play with Beechwood, and they COULD HAVE if they played like they could... they came out flat, came alive for about 6 minutes, and then decided to pretty much pack it up after the second quarter... they are not all of a sudden a bad team because of one week...

    Dayton won against 2 very poor, large school teams. They couldn't beat Beechwood if they played them 10 times this year.

    Just go to see Beechwood play. They are light-years ahead of Dayton, or any other 1A team in N. Ky.

    Their loss to Beechwood had nothing to do with coming out "flat" as you say. They were so over matched it was never a game and never could be. Beechwood could have scored 80 points if they wanted to.

    With that said, I don't mean to degrade Daytons players or coaches. I thought they played with more class and sportsman ship than any past Dayton team I have watched in the past 10 years. They were just way over matched.

    Their program has improved considerably and I wish them luck in the future, but as far as this year goes. I think that there are only "maybe" 3 teams in any class this year that could give Beechwood a game.

    "It is, what it is"

  8. #23
    THEDUDEABIDES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Location
    The Bowling Alley listening to some Creedence
    Posts
    589

    Sorry Futurecoach, I think Dayton will take this one in a low scoring affair...

    Dayton 14
    Ludlow 8


    Also, by the way, when a team has a turnover, the defense is almost always the reason for the turnover (i.e, an interception is caused by great coverage by the defense).

    Tell Borchers to chill out after the this game, he might consider this running up the score

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    77

    Quote Originally Posted by THEDUDEABIDES
    Sorry Futurecoach, I think Dayton will take this one in a low scoring affair...

    Dayton 14
    Ludlow 8


    Also, by the way, when a team has a turnover, the defense is almost always the reason for the turnover (i.e, an interception is caused by great coverage by the defense).

    Tell Borchers to chill out after the this game, he might consider this running up the score
    Well first of all, Future Coach is right about Ludlow's turnovers last week, the running back dropped a pitch with noone around, so you can't say that's good defense, and another was through a recievers hand that should've been caught, and resulted with an interception.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,395

    Quote Originally Posted by THEDUDEABIDES
    Sorry Futurecoach, I think Dayton will take this one in a low scoring affair...

    Dayton 14
    Ludlow 8


    Also, by the way, when a team has a turnover, the defense is almost always the reason for the turnover (i.e, an interception is caused by great coverage by the defense).

    Tell Borchers to chill out after the this game, he might consider this running up the score
    Usually yes but not in this case. On a simple pitch that hits the runningbacks hands that he should have caught he drops. Did Bellevue have anything to do with that nope..Jarrett Rouse throwing a pass straight to a Bellevue guy in the end zone when if he just throws it high its a touchdown. Or a guy who might have the best hand on the team drops a pass and it bounces straight in the air. Bellevue did not cause any of that to happen. What Bellevue did do right was take advantage of those mistakes though, and that is what teams are suppose to do, and I have gave credit to them for that...

    HAHA as for your little thing at the of your post. I have 2 points to make.

    1. Either one they were trying to run up the score, because there was no reason to throw a pass, because it wasn't like Ludlow showed any signs up stopping Bellevue from running out the clock, they were just marching down the field and using up the whole clock and with the lead. So unless they were trying to run up the score..

    2. Maybe wasn't trying to run up the score, and Coach Eckstein is just not very smart. Because unless he was trying to run up the score, that had to be the dumbest thing ever to pass the ball in that situation. Because as I said Ludlow was not coming close to stopping Bellevue from running the ball on that last drive and Bellevue was easily going to be able to run out the clock by running it. So why even take a chance to throw the ball, and get it picked off. I mean they are actually lucky that the Ludlow guy didn't turn his head because if he would have just lucked for the ball Ludlow would have got it back. So if you really think about it man, it was either they were trying to run the score up, or they are not very smart. Because I know I was happy and very surprised to see them through the ball because that gave Ludlow a chance to get a turnover. And they tried to pass it two plays in a row, so that was VERY DUMB...

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,395

    Quote Originally Posted by NDIrish03
    Well first of all, Future Coach is right about Ludlow's turnovers last week, the running back dropped a pitch with noone around, so you can't say that's good defense, and another was through a recievers hand that should've been caught, and resulted with an interception.
    Not to mention the hold on Grants punt return that was on the opposite side of where he returned it. Just another dumb mistake that Ludlow had. And also another drive when was down to the 12 and ended up taking a 20 yard sack, when should have just throw it away. Or even another drive where got down to the 15, and have 2 penalties that took them 20 yards back. This game was just full of mistakes by Ludlow that just killed themselves. Which as I said before I give credit to Bellevue because they didn't make those mistakes, and deserved to win because of that....

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,395

    Sorry THEDUDEABIDES comment made me get off topic about this game. So lets just get back to this game...


    I still say Ludlow comes back from last weeks tough loss, and playing for their season this weeks comes out and gets a win on Daytons homefield...

    Ludlow 34
    Dayton 21

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    3,036

    Dayton regroups and wins by a TD at home.

  14. #29
    ESPNGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05
    Posts
    5,570

    Quote Originally Posted by Surf Fisherman
    Dayton won against 2 very poor, large school teams. They couldn't beat Beechwood if they played them 10 times this year.

    Just go to see Beechwood play. They are light-years ahead of Dayton, or any other 1A team in N. Ky.

    Their loss to Beechwood had nothing to do with coming out "flat" as you say. They were so over matched it was never a game and never could be. Beechwood could have scored 80 points if they wanted to.

    With that said, I don't mean to degrade Daytons players or coaches. I thought they played with more class and sportsman ship than any past Dayton team I have watched in the past 10 years. They were just way over matched.

    Their program has improved considerably and I wish them luck in the future, but as far as this year goes. I think that there are only "maybe" 3 teams in any class this year that could give Beechwood a game.

    "It is, what it is"
    I did see the game.... I have seen Beechwood play... I will not tell you that the edge in talent still doens't go to Beechwood, but I will not believe that if Dayton didn't make stupid mistakes and came to play they could have gave them a game. If you think that those boys didn't come out flat and came out ready to go in that game, it just shows me you haven't seen them play much. And they may have played "poor" big schools, who has Ludlow played and beaten? Carrol County? not exactly a single A powerhouse. I would take Holmes or Scott over them...Who else did they beat?

  15. #30
    ESPNGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05
    Posts
    5,570

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach
    No one has said they are a bad team now. If you think about it, most of the realistic people knew Beechwood would win that game. I think the reason why people are starting to pick Ludlow now, is because now people actually got to see Ludlow play a game since they have been on far road games their first two games and never saw them and now realize Ludlow has a really good team as well even though they lost yesterday...
    Most people that have actually seen this Dayton team play know that they COULD HAVE played with Beechwood....

    Beechwood is a great great program, but they are not unbeatable... Ask Coach Rash if his team has played a mistake free game, and he will tell you no...but... back on topic

Top