Ludlow vs. Dayton Predictions

Page 11 of Originally Posted by 08O-Line_pride You are showing your bias. Dayton had so many stops against Holmes it wasn't funny. Daytons defense has many sacks.... 166 comments | 4905 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ludlow

    27 35.53%
  • Dayton

    49 64.47%
  1. #151

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,395

    Quote Originally Posted by All Play No Work
    In the Holmes game Dayton's 3 TDs were set up by the return game. I believe the drives were all 30 yards and under. But it should be mentioned that Holmes had short fields all night too because of their return game and one of their scores was an 80 yard punt return.
    Ok thanks!
    Advertisement

  2. #152

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by crush56
    No bias intended. Dont have a dog in this fight! The Holmes game as I said a comedy of errors, if it wasnt for returns you would have no game, both teams, correct? Scott game , tell me how long were those drives? Ill give you an atta boy for the interception however. And as I said, did not see the Scott game, just the "high" lights.
    I'M pretty sure the scott were 60-65 and about 70-75 yards. The scott punter did a good job of keeping the ball out of the hands of Daytons returners.

  3. #153
    cornerblitz31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    Northern Ky, the best place in the world for HS sports!
    Posts
    167

    Quote Originally Posted by 08O-Line_pride
    Im not 100% sure. But i know that he has only had 1 interception since the Holmes game. I'm also sure that he has had well over a hundred yards passing since Holmes also.
    Ok but if he has 4 int's and 0 or 1 td's not a good ratio.

  4. #154

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,395

    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty1278
    Grant is a vital piece to the Ludlow recieving core. All the coaches feel that while he is smaller than they would like, he has game breaking ability. As for Buddy being the 3 or 4 receiver, in this style of offense there really is no clear cut number 1 WR. Each week a different WR could be the #1 option. It really depends on who is running their routes the best and what the defense is giving them. I would have to say one of the areas I've been most impressed with is the offensive line. While Ludlow hasn't boosted huge running numbers, they have done a great job pass blocking for Jarrett and the wide recievers. I would venture to say that this is the deepest the Panthers have been at reciever in a very long time. Any one of the WR's has the ability to turn a 6 yard catch into something more and score when the ball is in their hands.
    It is the deepest that Ludlow has been at receiver since the 2003 playoff team. Except that team had alot of good receivers who were just possession type receivers though. This years team as you said has a bunch of playmakers who make a short catch go for a big gain. I would actually give this group of receivers the edge on the 2003 receivers...

  5. #155

    Join Date
    Jun 05
    Posts
    504

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach
    It is the deepest that Ludlow has been at receiver since the 2003 playoff team. Except that team had alot of good receivers who were just possession type receivers though. This years team as you said has a bunch of playmakers who make a short catch go for a big gain. I would actually give this group of receivers the edge on the 2003 receivers...
    I saw the Ludlow recievers recently and they are good. They can catch and they get yards upfield. Rouse throws very well also.

  6. #156

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    72

    I have seen Dayton play this year and they have pretty good speed at reciever I think Young, Brownfield and Turner also Wynn at back and slot reciever I think Dayton is in better shape and just wears Ludlow down. Big thing is if Rouse gets time and I wonder how Daytons defense is going to adjust to a four reciever team like Ludlow or do they treat it just like Holmes or not cause i dont think Rouse is a runner like Miller.

  7. #157

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,395

    Quote Originally Posted by NKY Speedster
    I have seen Dayton play this year and they have pretty good speed at reciever I think Young, Brownfield and Turner also Wynn at back and slot reciever I think Dayton is in better shape and just wears Ludlow down. Big thing is if Rouse gets time and I wonder how Daytons defense is going to adjust to a four reciever team like Ludlow or do they treat it just like Holmes or not cause i dont think Rouse is a runner like Miller.
    Rouse is not as fast as Miller obviously, but Rouse has ran for alot of yards this year so far as well as passed...

  8. #158

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    40

    Having seen both of these teams, I really think Dayton will take this one. The kids just seem to be clicking... I think it has a lot to do with their experience and coaching.
    I'll take Dayton in a close one
    Dayton 17
    Ludlow 13

  9. #159

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,395

    Whats the weather suppose to be like up there tonight for the game? I know down here in lexington it is raining. And I think weather definitely could play a factor in this game. Because I believe if it rains it gives Dayton a little bit of an edge, because it will probably hurt Ludlow passing game some...So I know I am hoping for good weather for tonights game up there...

  10. #160

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    19,925

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach
    Whats the weather suppose to be like up there tonight for the game? I know down here in lexington it is raining. And I think weather definitely could play a factor in this game. Because I believe if it rains it gives Dayton a little bit of an edge, because it will probably hurt Ludlow passing game some...So I know I am hoping for good weather for tonights game up there...
    It never rains in NKY

  11. #161

    Join Date
    Feb 07
    Posts
    92

    If it rains tonight it will only be lightly drizzled. I checked the forcast and it looks like great playing conditions for both styles of play.

  12. #162

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    191

    Quote Originally Posted by cornerblitz31
    Ok but if he has 4 int's and 0 or 1 td's not a good ratio.
    Anybody can have a bad game. You cant jugde him from one game. Once Dayton gets farther into the season then you can make jugdements on his abilities. Also Dayton has always been a run oriented team. You are intittled to your opinion but i thought i would show you another point of view.

  13. #163

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    191

    Quote Originally Posted by crush56
    No bias intended. Dont have a dog in this fight! The Holmes game as I said a comedy of errors, if it wasnt for returns you would have no game, both teams, correct? Scott game , tell me how long were those drives? Ill give you an atta boy for the interception however. And as I said, did not see the Scott game, just the "high" lights.
    Actually i believe Dayton had long drives against Scott. Maybe 60 or 70, and you called Daytons defense a comedy of errors. Not the whole game, which is not logical because i recall Dayton dominating all game long when Holmes had this great feild postion.

  14. #164

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    4,912

    164 posts for the Dayton / Ludlow game has to be a Bluegrasspreps record for these two schools.

  15. #165
    ESPNGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05
    Posts
    5,570

    ok people lets get serious here... Anyone that says stop showing bias has been a hypocrit cause nearly everyone on these small school threads has dog in the fight (no offense, Vick fans)...

    but in terms of the game. Dayton's strength is defense, everyone knows that, but they havent' been scoring that many points. However, I personally, don't think that is because they can't, just there have been inconsistancies and mental lapses, and you can't do that and score the football without a really explosive offensive player. The closest they have to that is Joe Wynn, who is tough and pretty quick. But he isn't the type that can do it all by himself. Now Ludlow, they have a really deep receiving corp. Dayton should be real familiar with Buddy Lunsford, and every Ludlow fan knows what he did in last years game. But I think Ludlow fans will also tell you that he is somewhat of that short game "possesion" receiver. What makes their offense dangerous is the estasblished threats they have at their disposal(dayton fans, I know you are going to say Dayton has multiple threats with their WR/RB's, and I don't completely disagree, but they haven't established themselves as much as Ludlow's offense has this season). Just off hand, I know they have Lunsford running the short routes, Logan as the "home run" hitter out there on the outside, the Montooth kid is supposed to be really quick, however the 4.4 stuff I think is probably a little exaggerated, and the Mills kid, who has been playing varsity for what, like 3 years or something? on top of that Rouse has the ablitity to run or pass. This is a good offense. However, I also don't think that it is an unstoppable offense, and think that Dayton's defense has been somewhat sold short in this thread because of a bad performance last week. They have a lot of speed out there, even in the big boys that put their hand on the ground. Their LB's fly around, and they have quick corners. Admittedly, I don't know much about Ludlow's defense, except that they always talk about having a big stud Mike in the middle every year. Seems like the CB's would be pretty quick too...

    Ironically, I think the game comes down to the other way around. When Dayton has the ball, and Ludlow has to make a stop. I think Dayton's defense will make their play's and Ludlow's offense will make their plays, but both units are strong enough and confident enough to regroup. It'll be part of that mental toughness in my mind on who can win that yard on a fourth an one when Dayton has the ball and Ludlow is on D. Can Ludlow force a 3 and out if they need to? Can Dayton's offense make a play when it needs one? Who will make more mistakes? I think ultimately that is what it will come down to...

    Or I could be completely wrong, and one of the two could come out and make a statement... but right now it just seems like a tight game...

Top