LLoyd Memorial head coach search??

Page 8 of Well the decision has been made but I dont want to be the one to let the cat out of the bag. I think the announcement will be official tomorrow. Lloyd ... 140 comments | 10560 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #106

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    ERLANGER KENTUCKY
    Posts
    4,253

    Was told by a very reliable source 7 interview's today and 1 on Monday good luck to all who is up for it. JD
    Advertisement

  2. #107

    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    127

    At the end of this process is there any way of finding out who was interviewed? Is this information posted anywhere?

  3. #108
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    34,246

    Quote Originally Posted by Neverwrong View Post
    At the end of this process is there any way of finding out who was interviewed? Is this information posted anywhere?
    I would hope not. I think it is detrimental in many ways for the names of people interviewing to get out.

  4. #109

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    194

    Very reliable source tells me they interviewed 5. They had 6 scheduled and one strong candidate that was scheduled to interview on Thurs. took his name out on Wed. ?

  5. #110

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    ERLANGER KENTUCKY
    Posts
    4,253

    Well I just hope they name one soon for all the players sake and the coaches that are currently at Lloyd waiting on hold to see if they have job's or not. JD

  6. #111

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    "Cream Corn. I'm running thangs. I'm running thaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeangs."
    Posts
    416

    Sorry pal, but isn't Lloyd, which is a part of the Erlanger/Elsmere district, a public school? If the school is public, then applicants and interviews are public record. Can find out by calling board office and asking how to make a public records request for the district. They have to turn it around in a reasonable amount of time, which usually 2-3 days, depending on what the request entails. In this case, fill it out Monday, they have it by Wednesday or they made the announcement by then.

  7. #112

    Join Date
    May 09
    Location
    Charming
    Posts
    571

    Anyone have any of the names that supposedly intreviewed for this job. I know a couple but just wondering if who the others were?

  8. #113

    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    127

    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsFan View Post
    Sorry pal, but isn't Lloyd, which is a part of the Erlanger/Elsmere district, a public school? If the school is public, then applicants and interviews are public record. Can find out by calling board office and asking how to make a public records request for the district. They have to turn it around in a reasonable amount of time, which usually 2-3 days, depending on what the request entails. In this case, fill it out Monday, they have it by Wednesday or they made the announcement by then.
    Thanks for the information!

  9. #114

    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Location
    Erlanger
    Posts
    1,438

    Quote Originally Posted by SARR View Post
    Anyone have any of the names that supposedly intreviewed for this job. I know a couple but just wondering if who the others were?
    What names do you have?

  10. #115

    Join Date
    Apr 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNDUNHOFT View Post
    Well I just hope they name one soon for all the players sake and the coaches that are currently at Lloyd waiting on hold to see if they have job's or not. JD
    Are any of them planning on staying if they can or will the new coach have to field a new staff? Is there anyone running a lifting/running program?

  11. #116

    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Location
    Erlanger
    Posts
    1,438

    Dave Smith has been keeping the lifting program going with some help from the other assistant coaches. They need to name a head coach soon so those kids can get on track. Dave Smith has played a big role in keeping what kids he can in that weight room so I hope whoever the new head coach is will look at a guy like Coach Smith and keep him on board..

  12. #117

    Join Date
    Apr 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by DRKARK View Post
    Dave Smith has been keeping the lifting program going with some help from the other assistant coaches. They need to name a head coach soon so those kids can get on track. Dave Smith has played a big role in keeping what kids he can in that weight room so I hope whoever the new head coach is will look at a guy like Coach Smith and keep him on board..
    Sounds like the off season is running as it would otherwise, which is a good thing. Good luch to Coach Smith. I was just curious if any of the staff was wanting to stay. Reading some of the earlier posts, they've taken some heat to say the least.

  13. #118

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    ERLANGER KENTUCKY
    Posts
    4,253

    As of last night all interviews have been completed and a person should be named by tomorrow hopefully, yes Dave Smith known to most Smitty has done temendous job keeping the players active and working out if not running track or playing baseball. He is a great person and good coach. JD

  14. #119

    Join Date
    May 09
    Location
    Charming
    Posts
    571

    Did Smitty coach at Union College in the mid 90's?

    I think they have found their coach as to others have been notified that they made a decision!

  15. #120

    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Location
    Erlanger
    Posts
    1,438

    Quote Originally Posted by SARR View Post
    Did Smitty coach at Union College in the mid 90's?

    I think they have found their coach as to others have been notified that they made a decision!
    He has been coaching at Lloyd for around 25 years!!

Top