LexCath 18 Boyle Co 14

  1. #1
    patb63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    Danville, KY
    Posts
    629

    LexCath 18 Boyle Co 14

    Boyle came oh so close in a game not many people thought they would win


    Boyle off next week

    West Jessamine at Boyle in two weeks
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    10,454

    I'm surprised Boyle kept it this close. Did Israel play?

  3. #3
    Admiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Location
    Danville,KY "Home of the Admiral Nation"
    Posts
    2,330

    Quote Originally Posted by colonel-fan
    I'm surprised Boyle kept it this close. Did Israel play?
    Yes he played, but I think he mainly played the 2nd half.
    Hang in there Rebels, You know you can do it.

  4. #4
    Silver Streaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 07
    Location
    Land 'o Milk and Honey
    Posts
    1,046

    Much closer contest than what I thought would take place! Hopefully BC is on the mend and ready to make a move during the 2nd half of the regular season.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 07
    Location
    Suwanee, GA
    Posts
    3,300

    Another heartbreaking loss for the Rebels.... Boyle may very well be the best 0-5 team in the state.

    My biggest concern for Boyle is the effect that losing so many close games that they very well could have won, will play on their psyche? Entering Week 7 these young men will have entered without having won a game since the First Round of last year's playoffs.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    122

    Very close game tonight. Lex Cath came out strong and returned the opening kick off (winston guy). Boyle played a heck of a football game tonight with a lot of passion. All I know is that Boyle's backup QB is a real good athlete that can run very well. The story for Lex Cath was a lot, I mean a lot of penalties. Also to contribute Lex Cath coughed the ball up twice on Boyle Co's 3 yard line. Alot to learn for Lex Cath next week. Good luck to Boyle Co and we hope to see you all later.

  7. #7
    PoppaBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Posts
    119

    If it wasn't for the defense tonight, Catholic would not have left Boyle County with the win. Time and time again the defense needed to make the big play and they came through - two safeties and obviously the special teams turned out to be huge in this one. I thought the opening kickoff return by Winston Guy was going to set the tone for the game, but the offense just couldn't get on track in the first half.

    Penalties again killed the Knights - I believe that so far this year Catholic has been whistled for double digit infractions in each game - some are questionable calls, but most are not!

    The upside on offense is that Shane Israel returned with about 10 to 12 carries and he looks like he hasn't missed a beat. This should open up the offense considerably in games to come (and Raglin and Nalia did great continuing to fill in). Offensive line play was also outstanding (minus the false starts) and they were really driving Boyle off the line of scrimmage. Truth is, Catholic could have probably run on Boyle all night long and abandoned the passing game entirely - very unusual for Catholic, but this is a different team compared to other Catholic teams in the past. And it's always important to protect the ball - three turnovers (two fumbles, one interception) deep into Boyle County territory kept Catholic from scoring three more Catholic touchdowns.

    Though it looks like there is a lot of work to do on offense, it is probably considerably less now that Israel appears healthy. His presence will open up the passing game, and he is desperately needed to help develop a relatively young and inexperienced passing game.

  8. #8
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    51,047

    Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassfootball
    Very close game tonight. Lex Cath came out strong and returned the opening kick off (winston guy). Boyle played a heck of a football game tonight with a lot of passion. All I know is that Boyle's backup QB is a real good athlete that can run very well. The story for Lex Cath was a lot, I mean a lot of penalties. Also to contribute Lex Cath coughed the ball up twice on Boyle Co's 3 yard line. Alot to learn for Lex Cath next week. Good luck to Boyle Co and we hope to see you all later.
    From what I have heard this kid should have been the starter to begin with.

  9. #9
    ADopted ADmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
    Posts
    12,458

    Man...I was hoping the The rebels were going to pull this one out...

  10. #10
    RebelK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    Once a Rebel...Always a Rebel!!!!!
    Posts
    5,635

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad
    From what I have heard this kid should have been the starter to begin with.
    Which kid started as the QB last night? Was it Mason?

  11. #11

    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    1,412

    I think Boyle Co. is a very dangerous team, they have lost so many close games to tough teams and they are just liable to get on a hot streak and make a big run. I have seen this before, if you look back in the past Beechwood has had streaks like this and get it going and take the whole thing. Don't count the Rebs out just yet!

  12. #12
    knightsdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Lexington, Ky. USA
    Posts
    1,194

    It's a given that Boyle will make a run for the remainder of the regular season and playoffs until they meet Catholic again. Nothing has changed since the beginning of the year when Boyle was picked as the team most likely to derail Catholic from the playoffs. On the other hand, Catholic has a tremendous upside if they can cut down on their penalties. Both teams enter into the easy part of their schedules now and will have a chance to fine tune their offenses. Both teams have played strong schedules to this point but will have to guard against losing their edge during the next few weeks. Good luck to both.

  13. #13
    Ky Sports Junky 5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Posts
    140

    Tough loss for the rebels

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    2,917

    Quote Originally Posted by EKUAlum05
    Another heartbreaking loss for the Rebels.... Boyle may very well be the best 0-5 team in the state.
    My biggest concern for Boyle is the effect that losing so many close games that they very well could have won, will play on their psyche? Entering Week 7 these young men will have entered without having won a game since the First Round of last year's playoffs.
    Your rebels and my GRC Cards may hold this same title and psyche.

  15. #15
    super's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 03
    Location
    "Serve the Lord with Gladness" Psalm 100
    Posts
    7,952

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelK
    Which kid started as the QB last night? Was it Mason?
    It was Smith, don't recall his first name, but did a good job at QB last night.

Top