Page 2 of Here's the next installment of the BGP football helmet preview. Again, feel free to add your own comments or photos in with the discussion. Earlier Pre... 45 comments | 16373 Views | Go to page 1 →
Mar 30, 17, 10:52 AM #16
Mar 30, 17, 10:52 AM #17
Mar 30, 17, 10:53 AM #18
Mar 30, 17, 10:53 AM #19COVINGTON CATHOLIC COLONELS
Last edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue; Aug 24, 17 at 11:20 AM.
Mar 30, 17, 10:55 AM #20
Mar 30, 17, 11:02 AM #21Really good batch:
- Corbin is probably my favorite because it is iconic and really stands out with the cardinal red and silver looking great together and that classic logo. One of my short list helmets for best in KY.
-My second favorite is CAL. Clean, attractive, and their unique logo for a pretty unique mascot.
- It is simplistic, but I REALLY like the Campbell County. Maybe I am a sucker for gold and purple, but the helmet is clean and pops.
- Central's is simplistic but I like it a lot.
- Conner is nice. Nothing overly special but nice.
- I appreciate the Cooper color scheme for being unique, the only knock is the copied Jacksonville logo
- Fan of Crittenden. Unique logo and I applaud them for the black facemask.
Now my critique:
- CovCath has always been one of my favorite helmets. The Colonel logo was timeless and the helmet easily recognizable. The new helmet and logo isn't bad...but I just prefer the old logo more.
Mar 30, 17, 11:11 AM #22
Mar 30, 17, 11:52 AM #23
Mar 30, 17, 11:57 AM #24
Mar 30, 17, 12:01 PM #25
Mar 30, 17, 12:23 PM #26I like the old CovCath helmet. However, I always hated that it was navy blue while the jerseys were a lighter shade. It never looked right to me. The picture of the helmet on the tote is what color I always though it should be.
Mar 30, 17, 12:33 PM #27
Until Coach John Rodenberg changed it for the 2006 season (I believe it was 2006), Cov Cath football's blue shade has always been a "dark royal"...so darker then a normal "Kentucky royal". At the time, Riddell's standard helmet color line only offered navy blue and a royal blue similar to UK's colors - which basically matched the blue used by Highlands. Now Highlands did not have blue helmets, but in the interest of not looking anything like Highlands and not paying extra for a custom color, Cov Cath went with navy blue helmets.
Mar 30, 17, 12:35 PM #28
Mar 30, 17, 01:26 PM #29
Mar 30, 17, 07:12 PM #30
Love the old navy Cov. Cath helmet....and the reason behind it makes it even better.
- Join Date
- Nov 08