Highlands vs. Dixie predictions

Page 8 of Let's get it started. Someone else is going to have to add the poll. Advertisement Sep 8, 07, 09:41 AM #2 Birdsfan View Profile View Forum Posts P... 196 comments | 6607 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who Wins This Big District Battle?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dixie

    29 17.26%
  • Highlands

    139 82.74%
  1. #106

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    FT THOMAS
    Posts
    1,320

    Quote Originally Posted by BoomGoesTheCannon
    Are you guys starting to put helium in your tires these days. You're a riot!!!!
    What tires? I have no clue what that meant. But, if there was helium, it would be gone and I would be talking like a 33 record on 45.
    Advertisement

  2. #107

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Retired From BGP
    Posts
    6,680

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry521
    I have to ask, is your weight room and locker room air conditioned? I was just curious of teams that sit in films and lift in air conditioning and them have to go out and practice in the heat, if this makes it tougher to adjust to the climate? I know of guys that work out in the heat and won't go into air conditioning for lunch because it makes it that much harder to adjust back to the heat. Wondering if this could also be said for football.
    It absolutely is a state of the art facility. IE plenty of air conditioning.

  3. #108

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    FT THOMAS
    Posts
    1,320

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman32
    It absolutely is a state of the art facility. IE plenty of air conditioning.

    To be honest, I am almost more psyched about seeing this new facility than I am watching this blowout because I know that hopefully someone with the deep pockets and who likes to "keep up with the Jones" may get an idea or two for some new stuff at the bird cage and may influence some fundraising. Maybe they'll even fulfill my life-long dream of making a bowl stadium in death-valley!!!!

  4. #109
    Birdsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Vetustior Humo!
    Posts
    62,362

    Quote Originally Posted by FTBIGBIRD
    Maybe they'll even fulfill my life-long dream of making a bowl stadium in death-valley!!!!
    They've had a bowl there for decades -- a dust bowl.

  5. #110

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    FT THOMAS
    Posts
    1,320

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdsfan
    They've had a bowl there for decades -- a dust bowl.

    All you die-hards on here honestly tell me, am I the only person who has every thought of that? I know that there would be enought room. Plus, that would give them plenty of room to expand the school. What's the point of wasting space? I have many fond memories of running that hill-NOT!!! I digress and can't wait to see the Colonels' new digs. Good to see other programs expanding around here.

  6. #111
    Henry521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    The Team From Fort Thomas AGAIN
    Posts
    8,641

    Quote Originally Posted by FTBIGBIRD
    To be honest, I am almost more psyched about seeing this new facility than I am watching this blowout because I know that hopefully someone with the deep pockets and who likes to "keep up with the Jones" may get an idea or two for some new stuff at the bird cage and may influence some fundraising. Maybe they'll even fulfill my life-long dream of making a bowl stadium in death-valley!!!!


    Only you can make your dreams come true.

  7. #112
    Birdsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Vetustior Humo!
    Posts
    62,362

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry521
    [/B]

    Only you can make your dreams come true.
    And prevent forest fires.

  8. #113

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    4,912

    I think the 7 PM start time and the lack of PATs hitting cars in the KFC parking lot with the new stadium design will distress the Birds to the point that the first quarter will be even.

    Highlands pulls ahead at the half, Dixie mounts a mini-rally in the second half, but the Birds win by 21. Have a funnel cake.

  9. #114

    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Posts
    2,253

    Air conditioning? It had to take place since the renovation. Some class rooms had none in 2001-2005. The weight room might now. However, football parent's were not allowed into the area of the weight room after the renovation. (this is what we were told).

  10. #115

    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Heaterville ,USA
    Posts
    1,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry521
    I have to ask, is your weight room and locker room air conditioned? I was just curious of teams that sit in films and lift in air conditioning and them have to go out and practice in the heat, if this makes it tougher to adjust to the climate? I know of guys that work out in the heat and won't go into air conditioning for lunch because it makes it that much harder to adjust back to the heat. Wondering if this could also be said for football.
    No AC in the weight room or film room at Dixie ! It stays Hot in the weight room and work out areas !:fire:

  11. #116

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Retired From BGP
    Posts
    6,680

    Quote Originally Posted by GaViking
    Air conditioning? It had to take place since the renovation. Some class rooms had none in 2001-2005. The weight room might now. However, football parent's were not allowed into the area of the weight room after the renovation. (this is what we were told).
    True, the new weight room was part of the renovation and was completed about the same time the second gym was completed. It is a part of the new complex so if it doesn't have AC I would be shocked. I was in that area after it was built and it seemed pretty cool to me.

  12. #117
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman32

    You're not going to get a lot of bites on that worm.

    All of us Dixie fans know our team quite well. This years squad seemed to still be sucking a little wind in the second half of the CCH game to me, but then pulled themselves together. I think we'll be alright this friday. The forecast is 82*-54*.
    I've noticed. I've been 'fishing' for days...

  13. #118

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Retired From BGP
    Posts
    6,680

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    I've noticed. I've been 'fishing' for days...
    I am going down to Cherokee Lake though next weekend, so hopefully I'll have a good story to tell.

    Dixie's bye week so I'm hitting the road.

  14. #119
    Henry521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    The Team From Fort Thomas AGAIN
    Posts
    8,641

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman32
    True, the new weight room was part of the renovation and was completed about the same time the second gym was completed. It is a part of the new complex so if it doesn't have AC I would be shocked. I was in that area after it was built and it seemed pretty cool to me.


    Do you think this has an effect during outside practice and especially games? I just think I'm going back to a little ole school theory. When we didn't have AC the heat didn't effect everyone soo much.

  15. #120

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Retired From BGP
    Posts
    6,680

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry521
    [/B]

    Do you think this has an effect during outside practice and especially games? I just think I'm going back to a little ole school theory. When we didn't have AC the heat didn't effect everyone soo much.
    Whether it is in the weight room, locker room or class room I don't think it matters. The fact is that we all have it and yes, I do think that kids today avoid the heat. When we were younger our parents didn't care about AC as much and certainly the schools didn't. Most cars had two way or four way. It was not as prevalent for sure.
    Now bring on the twenty first century where we over regulate everything and of course I think it's an issue. Kids today aren't aloud to go out if the heat index is over 100, my generation we took salt tablets. We were encouraged NOT to drink too much water, cause it would make you sick. If you got sick you got no sympathy and so on and so on and somehow in all of our ignorance we survived.
    I would agree with just about every old school think you could come up with I think concerning the heat, but I'm sure just as many people would disagree.
    I'm not going to say my generation didn't cramp up, because we did. But usually it was during two and three a days, not Friday nights.

Top