Highlands/Holmes predictions

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Highlands

    88 89.80%
  • Holmes

    10 10.20%
  1. #1
    SEABASS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 07
    Location
    King of the hill
    Posts
    703

    Highlands/Holmes predictions

    Now that we got that big win behind us, we start district play this week with Holmes. Former Highlands football star and 1st year head coach of Holmes Steve Lickert brings his bulldogs to the "Bird Cage". Thoughts on the game.......
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Can't wait for this week to be over...

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    FT THOMAS
    Posts
    1,320

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    Can't wait for this week to be over...

    I agree. Don't look past the Dogs too soon. Remember, he came from this system, he knows Dale, Brian, and staff well. He did an outstanding job in Dayton and really gave Zach a great program to take over. I see him doing well in Covington too. I will breathe easier after this week. I just am happy to see all these former birds become coaches. Gotta make the the HHS coaches feel good to know they had something to do with that. Good luck Coach Lickert, but I have to root for the birds on this one!:fight:

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    FT THOMAS
    Posts
    1,320

    Does anyone have any info in Holmes and their players? Are there any in specific to watch for?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Posts
    32,704

    Quote Originally Posted by FTBIGBIRD
    Does anyone have any info in Holmes and their players? Are there any in specific to watch for?
    James Miller. I've heard his GPA and his 40 time are about the same - 4.4.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    FT THOMAS
    Posts
    1,320

    Quote Originally Posted by cshs81
    James Miller. I've heard his GPA and his 40 time are about the same - 4.4.

    That is dangerous!!! Brains and speed, he will have the college scouts drooling. We have the speed, but in past experiences with Holmes, they have always had us in size and speed. Some of the teams they had, it seemed like we were just sitting still and they ran right by us. In my brief career, they were the fastest team I saw. I just hope the birds are done with celebrating and already starting to get prepped for Friday. Only have a few days in this holiday week to go against the scout team and watch films. GO BIRDS!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    19,925

    Quote Originally Posted by FTBIGBIRD
    That is dangerous!!! Brains and speed, he will have the college scouts drooling. We have the speed, but in past experiences with Holmes, they have always had us in size and speed. Some of the teams they had, it seemed like we were just sitting still and they ran right by us. In my brief career, they were the fastest team I saw. I just hope the birds are done with celebrating and already starting to get prepped for Friday. Only have a few days in this holiday week to go against the scout team and watch films. GO BIRDS!
    The Birds will be ready.

  8. #8
    gamer31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    Hill's Heroes!!!
    Posts
    787

    Should be a good game!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    FT THOMAS
    Posts
    1,320

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer31
    Should be a good game!
    No offense but, I hope its not a good game. I hope the Birds win handily. Don't know if my voice will recover by Friday to scream again like last night at the Trotwood game.

    I know that if they play like they did last night, it will be another happy weekend in FT Thomas. I hope Trey J heals up that bruise and gets back in there. We need your solid snap and size on the line. Austin Collinsworth is definitely a chip off the ole block. Last night was the first time I had a chance to see him. That kid is just flat out fast and athletic. Look for him to have a big game against the Bulldogs.

    Zorro, you are the real deal! Go Green team. That's where the best players come from!

  10. #10
    Mean Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 05
    Posts
    205

    Watched the HHS and HC game on Friday. Holmes has a couple of real nice players, Miller is the key to the whole thing. if he is on he can create things. No doubt he is the leader. Other key people are number 1 and 3, both backs or wideouts and have the speed and ability to go the distance. OL is not bad and the block fairly well. Not a lot of flash to the OL they just block straight ahead and let thye backs find the hole. They do pull on the outside runs, but as HC Coach stated after the game it was alot like a rugby scrum and Miller would pop out of the pack for a big gain. HC did a lot to help with poor tackling and arm tackling. Just hit the kids and take them off there feet and they will not get the extra yards. Not much of a passing game shown, but did not need it. Defense was decent and better coached than past Holmes teams. Much more disciplined in staying at home and clogging the holes against HC. Kicking game got torched twice by HC in the second half. Highlands can do the same.

    Overall, a much better disciplined team than I ever remember from the Dawgs and told Steve yesterday at our game. These kids will show up. Granted that the Birds are going to bring way more that HC. The Birds backs could have a big day with good blocking and the passing game can be effective. I saw a couple of times in the HC game that if they connected on the passes they could have gone big. HC did not have the talent this year and Holmes is much improved over previous years and that is a tribute to Steve Lickert and his staff.

    Birds win this one but cannot get caught looking ahead or still buzzing over the TW win.

    Birds 35-13

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    FT THOMAS
    Posts
    1,320

    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bird
    Watched the HHS and HC game on Friday. Holmes has a couple of real nice players, Miller is the key to the whole thing. if he is on he can create things. No doubt he is the leader. Other key people are number 1 and 3, both backs or wideouts and have the speed and ability to go the distance. OL is not bad and the block fairly well. Not a lot of flash to the OL they just block straight ahead and let thye backs find the hole. They do pull on the outside runs, but as HC Coach stated after the game it was alot like a rugby scrum and Miller would pop out of the pack for a big gain. HC did a lot to help with poor tackling and arm tackling. Just hit the kids and take them off there feet and they will not get the extra yards. Not much of a passing game shown, but did not need it. Defense was decent and better coached than past Holmes teams. Much more disciplined in staying at home and clogging the holes against HC. Kicking game got torched twice by HC in the second half. Highlands can do the same.

    Overall, a much better disciplined team than I ever remember from the Dawgs and told Steve yesterday at our game. These kids will show up. Granted that the Birds are going to bring way more that HC. The Birds backs could have a big day with good blocking and the passing game can be effective. I saw a couple of times in the HC game that if they connected on the passes they could have gone big. HC did not have the talent this year and Holmes is much improved over previous years and that is a tribute to Steve Lickert and his staff.

    Birds win this one but cannot get caught looking ahead or still buzzing over the TW win.

    Birds 35-13

    WELL PUT!!!

  12. #12
    ESPNGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05
    Posts
    5,570

    what time and where is this game?

  13. #13
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by ESPNGUY
    what time and where is this game?
    7:00 Highlands...

  14. #14
    SEABASS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 07
    Location
    King of the hill
    Posts
    703

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer31
    Should be a good game!
    Make sure you stand where you can be neutrul!

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    19,925

    A big part of Highlands win yesterday was the disparity in the kicking game. How does Holmes fare in that department?

Top