HHS vs Boone Freshman Game Change

Page 2 of I felt there were a few too many unnecessary penalties, such as block in the backs, face masks, and personnal. I just feel that these types of penaltie... 50 comments | 1864 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,522

    Quote Originally Posted by tdyballgame
    I think it is because the Varsity will be using the field in preparation of the "BIG" game Friday with Dixie. Did I say big, I meant to say "Meaningless"! According to some people! Sorry another thread. Seriously, the Varsity will using the field.
    Well, if it is due to Varsity needing it for practice, thats too bad. Just like it was too bad last week when they cancelled the Junior football league games so the Varsity could practice in preparation for Holmes. Just what a little birdy told me. Hopefully they reschedule those games for the kids sake.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Always in the dog house
    Posts
    751

    Quote Originally Posted by JBauer24
    Something going on at HHS that they cannot play there?
    From memory, which isin't much these days, last years Frosh game with Boone Co. was suppose to be played at Boone on a Thursday. During that week we had a few days of rain and Boone's Varisty team had a game scheduled at home Friday and didn't want the field torn up prior to their game. I'm guessing they want their home game back..............I say put in turf!

  3. #18
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Hustle
    From memory, which isin't much these days, last years Frosh game with Boone Co. was suppose to be played at Boone on a Thursday. During that week we had a few days of rain and Boone's Varisty team had a game scheduled at home Friday and didn't want the field torn up prior to their game. I'm guessing they want their home game back..............I say put in turf!
    Good point, forgot about that...

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Ft. Mitchell, KY
    Posts
    342

    From what i understand boone was going to get turf but the other two high schools in Boone Co. said it was unfair unless they got it as well.... How true that is i dont know?

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    19,925

    Quote Originally Posted by qryche11
    Well, if it is due to Varsity needing it for practice, thats too bad. Just like it was too bad last week when they cancelled the Junior football league games so the Varsity could practice in preparation for Holmes. Just what a little birdy told me. Hopefully they reschedule those games for the kids sake.
    Speaking of little birdies; one told me there was talk about installing turf at the soccer field.

  6. #21
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,522

    Quote Originally Posted by malachicrunch
    Speaking of little birdies; one told me there was talk about installing turf at the soccer field.
    I heard the same thing recently. They better figure out a way to install air conditioning in those schools before they worry about anymore Turf though. JMO.....

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    19,925

    Quote Originally Posted by qryche11
    I heard the same thing recently. They better figure out a way to install air conditioning in those schools before they worry about anymore Turf though. JMO.....
    Whhaaaaat! We didn't need no stinkin air conditioning when I was there:fire:

  8. #23
    Birdsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Vetustior Humo!
    Posts
    62,362

    Quote Originally Posted by malachicrunch
    Whhaaaaat! We didn't need no stinkin air conditioning when I was there:fire:
    Good thing, because sitting those stupid round fans in front of the classroom door sure didn't get it done!

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Always in the dog house
    Posts
    751

    Quote Originally Posted by malachicrunch
    Speaking of little birdies; one told me there was talk about installing turf at the soccer field.
    This has nothing to do with the Frosh football game. But, if you ask the soccer players they'd rather keep the field grass for some reason. I know absolutely nothing about soccer but that's what I've heard.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Goshen, KY, USA
    Posts
    256

    WOW! Air conditioning in the classrooms, not being able to find room in the dirt in the valley to practice...what's going on up there.

    Now..if construction equipment is on the field...by all means move the game. If it truly is for the varsity to practice, that's a darn shame. Those kids deserve the home game, IMO.

  11. #26
    Henry521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    The Team From Fort Thomas AGAIN
    Posts
    8,641

    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Hustle
    From memory, which isin't much these days, last years Frosh game with Boone Co. was suppose to be played at Boone on a Thursday. During that week we had a few days of rain and Boone's Varisty team had a game scheduled at home Friday and didn't want the field torn up prior to their game. I'm guessing they want their home game back..............I say put in turf!
    You get the prize Bird Hustle. This is exactly why the game was moved to Boone County. And it couldn't be on Thurs. due to soccer at Boone.


    As for the turf at the soccer field, is that field in bad shape? It looks great if you ask me. The only people on the field is the soccer team as opposed to the football field which has band, jr. league, football, gym classes, etc. I can understand getting turf if you need it but why tear out a perfectly good field.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Ft. Thomas, KY
    Posts
    2,420

    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Hustle
    This has nothing to do with the Frosh football game. But, if you ask the soccer players they'd rather keep the field grass for some reason. I know absolutely nothing about soccer but that's what I've heard.
    Isn't there an "in-between" option where they blow in the rubber pellets between the grass blades?

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    The City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    2,425

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    From what I was told, there was stuff ON the playing field for the 3rd and 4th grade games. They played 50 yards at a time, or something like that. It may have been moved by the time the older kids played because a lot of people were worried about it. It was obviously second hand info so...
    Correct. 1 of the lifts was left in/near the field of play. It was moved prior to the 7/8 game.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    The City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    2,425

    Quote Originally Posted by qryche11
    I heard the same thing recently. They better figure out a way to install air conditioning in those schools before they worry about anymore Turf though. JMO.....
    There was a recent article in the Recorder (I think). If they get turf, it will be privately financed.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    The City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    2,425

    Quote Originally Posted by qryche11
    Well, if it is due to Varsity needing it for practice, thats too bad. Just like it was too bad last week when they cancelled the Junior football league games so the Varsity could practice in preparation for Holmes. Just what a little birdy told me. Hopefully they reschedule those games for the kids sake.
    It was a "Heat Index" issue. Varsity couldn't practice after school because too hot. Had to wait until later. As such, FTJFL got bumped. Unfortunate, but understandable. Games should be rescheduled.

Top