HBurg/Mercer area dream team!

Page 2 of Here's mine. What's yours? Note: This is your team, positions can be what you decide...not where they necessarily played. QB (limit one)- Craig Yeast R... 50 comments | 2001 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Posts
    100

    Quote Originally Posted by GusMcRae
    Timmy Rogers is probably the best LB to come from the area.

    You beat me to it Gus. Timmy Rogers was a beast. I'd throw in his teammate Terry Riley at fullback.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Hat Creek Cattle Ranch
    Posts
    1,072

    Quote Originally Posted by Fast_Tracks
    You beat me to it Gus. Timmy Rogers was a beast. I'd throw in his teammate Terry Riley at fullback.
    If Timmy hadnt have broken his foot his JR year there's not telling where he would have went. I feel very comfortable saying he was probably THE HARDEST hitter to ever come form Hburg.

  3. #18
    Mr.Network's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    From Lincoln County, Kentucky. Live in Chicago area.
    Posts
    5,931

    Why only 4 offensive linemen on the dream team? Why not 5 like a normal team?

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Hat Creek Cattle Ranch
    Posts
    1,072

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Network
    Why only 4 offensive linemen on the dream team? Why not 5 like a normal team?
    I would vote for the late Kelly Coleman. Guy could move for a big guy.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    I thought last year's state champions were the "dream team" ... hastily put together, but it was hard to argue with the results.

  6. #21
    UKCATSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Please bring in Calipari!!
    Posts
    1,747

    Quote Originally Posted by westsider
    I thought last year's state champions were the "dream team" ... hastily put together, but it was hard to argue with the results.

    Last year's team was good but they also played in a smaller class then what they should have. I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just saying that if you're talking about that as the "dream team" because of the results, you must look at the whole picture. That team should have been competing in 3A at least.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Posts
    100

    Quote Originally Posted by westsider
    I thought last year's state champions were the "dream team" ... hastily put together, but it was hard to argue with the results.
    Last year's team was very good. But if they were merged about 15 to 20 years ago there would be a few more titles. There has been a good amount of talent in this area. Heavily on the Harrodsburg side.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Posts
    100

    Quote Originally Posted by UKCATSFAN
    Last year's team was good but they also played in a smaller class then what they should have. I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just saying that if you're talking about that as the "dream team" because of the results, you must look at the whole picture. That team should have been competing in 3A at least.
    Good chance that team would have been playing at Papa Johns in 3A as well.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    Quote Originally Posted by Fast_Tracks
    Good chance that team would have been playing at Papa Johns in 3A as well.
    A chance, yes. The road probably would have ended with Bowling Green.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    Quote Originally Posted by UKCATSFAN
    Last year's team was good but they also played in a smaller class then what they should have. I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just saying that if you're talking about that as the "dream team" because of the results, you must look at the whole picture. That team should have been competing in 3A at least.
    You're preaching to the choir here ...

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Posts
    100

    Quote Originally Posted by westsider
    A chance, yes. The road probably would have ended with Bowling Green.
    Possibly, but it might not have either. Whether they were 2A or 3A last year Mercer wasn't no joke.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Flatwoods, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,847

    They had the dream team last year.

  13. #28
    Buffalo Gap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    684

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepman
    They had the dream team last year.

    As good as the talent was last year and the team, they wouldn't have touched any of the teams (70's, 80's, '90's and possibly a couple of the early 2000 era teams) had they merged. And, that, by no means, in any calibar is a slap in the face or a knock on last years team...that's just letting you know how good the talent has been in this town for a long, long, long time. All I can say to the rest of the state is, you're lucky the merger didnt happen 20 years ago when it was first talked about in rumor..because if they had, their is NO TELLING how many possible titles the merged school would have had by now, I dont care the class. That is a fact!

    Anyone from the area or not agree on that?!

  14. #29
    Buffalo Gap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    684

    Quote Originally Posted by Fast_Tracks
    Last year's team was very good. But if they were merged about 15 to 20 years ago there would be a few more titles. There has been a good amount of talent in this area. Heavily on the Harrodsburg side.
    My fault, didn't read your post there Tracks. haha You know what we should start doing though?? Inquiring and acting like we know all that goes on within a community and school system 3 1/2 hours away like some??!!

  15. #30
    Buffalo Gap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    684

    Quote Originally Posted by GusMcRae
    I would vote for the late Kelly Coleman. Guy could move for a big guy.

    He didn't play for Harrodsburg or Mercer, but one of the best athletes to ever come out of this area was the late Jack Coleman, Sr.

    He played for Burgin back when they had football, then, not only was he an All American on the basketball court for Louisville in the late '40's, but he was also an All-American TE for the Cardinals in football.

Top