Former Ashland QB eligible to play at Greenup Co.

Page 4 of Originally Posted by LRCW Why would it be hard to take? You have to have discipline and rules, and if they are broken there are consequences. You seem ... 68 comments | 2374 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    Grover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    82

    I agree 100%. There should be CONSISTENCY for transfer rules. There is not. The system is way too political.
    Advertisement

  2. #47

    Join Date
    May 07
    Location
    Mystic Knights of the Sea Lodge Hall
    Posts
    548

    Quote Originally Posted by Grover
    I agree 100%. There should be CONSISTENCY for transfer rules. There is not. The system is way too political.

    A truer statement has never been made. Grover is right on target. All schools are treated equally it is just that some seem to be considered more equal than do others. You can make many statements about the KHSAA but "consistent applier of the rules" will not be one of them.

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Ashland
    Posts
    1,825

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW
    Why would it be hard to take? You have to have discipline and rules, and if they are broken there are consequences. You seem to have a personal vendetta against Hart. Ashland is 44-18 over the last 5 years. Go back in recent history and show me a better 5 year record. Ashland lost 24 seniors last year. What kind of year did you expect this year? Coach Hart has done an excellent job at Ashland.
    Well looks like I have some people that agree with me. I dont really have a personal vendetta against Hart but I dont think that he is a God like other people. 2 years in the regional championship game "we" had the better team but Coach God was unable to win in it. Man , what a coach. If he was that good he wouldnt of left college to go to high school.

  4. #49

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Ashland
    Posts
    1,825

    Quote Originally Posted by bc65
    Ask any player or student at Ashland and they will say they like Coach Hart. Only some players or parents that isn't getting the playing time they think they deserve or not ,will say something against him. Coach Hart is a very good coach,just going through a hard time with an inexperienced team.
    I am not a player or a parent of any Ashland player. Why wouldnt a player llike him when its everyone elses fault but your own. Its kind of wierd to be perfect but yet 0-3. Go to a practice and see all of the goofing off and you will see why were 0-3.

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Ashland
    Posts
    1,825

    Quote Originally Posted by Grover
    Where was the uproar of eligibility when Mahan transferred TO Ashland? Some people want their cake and eat it too.

    I know it is a tough situation. When a player is kicked off a team and later on suits up for a rival or district opponent (whether legitimately or not), it leaves a sour taste in your mouth. However, when a talented player comes to your school, we welcome them with open arms. It can't be both ways. If you have ill feelings against a player being deemed eligible at the school he transfers to, you shouldn't EVER allow a player to transfer into your sports team.
    Again, as an Ashland fan we welcomed him with opened arms.....

  6. #51

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Ashland
    Posts
    1,825

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish Stevens
    I'll answer your challenge and say, using only recent history of course, that the five year period from 1930-1934 produced a better record. Hart is a decent coach, I suppose, but he will not, on or off the field, be confused with Herb Conley or Jake Hallum, among others.

    I suspect that Ashland had good years the last five years more because of the talent level than because of Hart. If Hart gets credit for the success, then shouldn't he get the blame for the failures? You can't give him one without the other. I don't think Hart has had a lot to do with it either way. I think any reasonably competent coach would have produced pretty much the same numbers. I think it gets down to talent level and the talent level is low and will be for a few years. So the interesting question, assuming there won't be a large influx of "relocated athletes", may be whether Hart stays around during lean times.
    I couldnt of said it any better......

  7. #52
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,605

    Quote Originally Posted by happy ol' dad
    Well looks like I have some people that agree with me. I dont really have a personal vendetta against Hart but I dont think that he is a God like other people. 2 years in the regional championship game "we" had the better team but Coach God was unable to win in it. Man , what a coach. If he was that good he wouldnt of left college to go to high school.

    I've never seen anyone call Coach Hart a god, and it's my understanding he left the college game to get away from the long hours of recruiting. Coach Hart lost to a very good Johnson Central team last year, and from what I remember Ashland made drastic improvement from the 1st game against JC, and to me that's a sign of a good coach making the proper adjustments.

  8. #53

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Ashland
    Posts
    1,825

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW
    I've never seen anyone call Coach Hart a god, and it's my understanding he left the college game to get away from the long hours of recruiting. Coach Hart lost to a very good Johnson Central team last year, and from what I remember Ashland made drastic improvement from the 1st game against JC, and to me that's a sign of a good coach making the proper adjustments.
    I was standing on the sidelines of this game and I agree with you of the improvements but I think that we still lost. What about when we played Mason Co. and he gave up that game....

    Moral victories dont bring home banners.....

  9. #54
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,605

    Quote Originally Posted by happy ol' dad
    I was standing on the sidelines of this game and I agree with you of the improvements but I think that we still lost. What about when we played Mason Co. and he gave up that game....

    Moral victories dont bring home banners.....

    I never said anything about a moral victory. What Mason Co. game are you talking about? If it's the one where Lofton and Grutza were seniors, then I do believe Mason Co. was a much more talented team that year, plus the fact that Coach B. of Mason Co. is a very good coach himself.

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Ashland
    Posts
    1,825

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW
    I never said anything about a moral victory. What Mason Co. game are you talking about? If it's the one where Lofton and Grutza were seniors, then I do believe Mason Co. was a much more talented team that year, plus the fact that Coach B. of Mason Co. is a very good coach himself.
    It was the one and only Mason Co. game that Ashland played for the regional championship. They only had 2 threats Lofton and Grutza, you would think that such a great coach like Hart is that he would be able to figure this out.

    It doesnt matter, you have your opinion and I have mine on Hart and they are totally different.

    but Good luck Cats.....

  11. #56

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW
    I never said anything about a moral victory. What Mason Co. game are you talking about? If it's the one where Lofton and Grutza were seniors, then I do believe Mason Co. was a much more talented team that year, plus the fact that Coach B. of Mason Co. is a very good coach himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by happy ol' dad
    It was the one and only Mason Co. game that Ashland played for the regional championship. They only had 2 threats Lofton and Grutza, you would think that such a great coach like Hart is that he would be able to figure this out.

    It doesnt matter, you have your opinion and I have mine on Hart and they are totally different.

    but Good luck Cats.....
    Mason was widely considered a top-five team in 3A that season, and I think they were ranked that high by BGP. They were certainly rated higher than Ashland.

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Ashland
    Posts
    1,825

    Quote Originally Posted by westsider
    Mason was widely considered a top-five team in 3A that season, and I think they were ranked that high by BGP. They were certainly rated higher than Ashland.
    Well it doesnt matter.

    You all continue blaming everyone else but Coach Hart......

  13. #58
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,605

    Quote Originally Posted by happy ol' dad
    Well it doesnt matter.

    You all continue blaming everyone else but Coach Hart......

    Let me ask you this? What are your expectations of Ashland on a yearly basis? Given the fact that Ashland lost 24 seniors last year, what did you expect of them this year?

  14. #59

    Join Date
    Jul 07
    Posts
    42

    Prehaps the Mahan kid became eligible because he could not play at Ashland any longer. Why after a little adversity 0-3 start, has everone started spiting. Ashland lost half thier starting O line. Let anyone deal with that.IMO Ashland needs a quarterback, they havent had a pure QB for a couple years. I think that one change would solidify thier game. Ashland fans need to suck it up a bit and support thier kids. I bet they are working as hard as they can.

  15. #60
    redevil78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Posts
    456

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW
    Let me ask you this? What are your expectations of Ashland on a yearly basis? Given the fact that Ashland lost 24 seniors last year, what did you expect of them this year?
    Russell lost 28 seniors.

Top