Dixie Heights 2011

Page 2 of What does Dixie Heights need to do to improve in 2011? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.... 95 comments | 5672 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Conner is not 5A, correct?
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    11,101

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Conner is not 5A, correct?
    They are. Dixie's district is Ryle, SK, Boone, and Campbell.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,009

    Quote Originally Posted by nees1212 View Post
    They are. Dixie's district is Ryle, SK, Boone, and Campbell.
    Did Dixie beat any of these teams last year?

  4. #19

    Join Date
    May 09
    Posts
    1,148

    Quote Originally Posted by uk#1fan View Post
    Did Dixie beat any of these teams last year?
    Yes....Crushed Boone. DNP Campbell Co. lost to Ryle in the final 2 min's, lost to SK on a last second come from behind FG.

  5. #20
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,521

    They better get it done this season because when this upcoming Sr class leaves they will be the whipping boy of Class 6A. Their JV team last year was woeful at best and their Frosh were even worse. Highlands could have scored 100 against those two squads last yr.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    May 09
    Posts
    1,148

    Quote Originally Posted by Qryche11 View Post
    They better get it done this season because when this upcoming Sr class leaves they will be the whipping boy of Class 6A. Their JV team last year was woeful at best and their Frosh were even worse. Highlands could have scored 100 against those two squads last yr.
    Another Highlands injection. I know it's hard to imagine, but some of us could care less what Highlands can and can't do.

  7. #22
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,521

    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
    Another Highlands injection. I know it's hard to imagine, but some of us could care less what Highlands can and can't do.
    Im just telling you to enjoy it while you can this season because the next few years are gonna be rough. This will be a great season for Dixie though with the addition of Peterson to an already stacked lineup.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Posts
    289

    Quote Originally Posted by Qryche11 View Post
    They better get it done this season because when this upcoming Sr class leaves they will be the whipping boy of Class 6A. Their JV team last year was woeful at best and their Frosh were even worse. Highlands could have scored 100 against those two squads last yr.
    Not to let facts get in the way of your slam but their JV team actually beat Ryle, and Simon last year I am pretty sure each were by a solid margin, lost to Boone by one score, and didn't play Campbell. Highlands JV could not have scored a 100 points becuase they were trying IMO. They got as many as they could but it wasn't a 100 points. If you disagree about them trying to score 100 so be it but they scored their last touchdown on a pass by the starting QB with less than 2 min left, to make the score 69-6.

    I am sure you will fire back with Highlands and their 10000000000 state championships but I DO NOT CARE ABOUT HIGHLANDS!!!!!!!!

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,009

    Quote Originally Posted by whataboutthis View Post
    Not to let facts get in the way of your slam but their JV team actually beat Ryle, and Simon last year I am pretty sure each were by a solid margin, lost to Boone by one score, and didn't play Campbell. Highlands JV could not have scored a 100 points becuase they were trying IMO. They got as many as they could but it wasn't a 100 points. If you disagree about them trying to score 100 so be it but they scored their last touchdown on a pass by the starting QB with less than 2 min left, to make the score 69-6.

    I am sure you will fire back with Highlands and their 10000000000 state championships but I DO NOT CARE ABOUT HIGHLANDS!!!!!!!!
    Dixie beat SK's JV team 12 to 6 that is not a solid margin.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    19,923

    Seems like every year we hear how this will be Dixies year, and seems like every year it is not. Until they show up for game 1 and get it done, I think it's hard for anyone to predict a positive record for them.

  11. #26
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,521

    Quote Originally Posted by whataboutthis View Post
    Not to let facts get in the way of your slam but their JV team actually beat Ryle, and Simon last year I am pretty sure each were by a solid margin, lost to Boone by one score, and didn't play Campbell. Highlands JV could not have scored a 100 points becuase they were trying IMO. They got as many as they could but it wasn't a 100 points. If you disagree about them trying to score 100 so be it but they scored their last touchdown on a pass by the starting QB with less than 2 min left, to make the score 69-6.

    I am sure you will fire back with Highlands and their 10000000000 state championships but I DO NOT CARE ABOUT HIGHLANDS!!!!!!!!
    Thats pretty impressive 2 wins over mediocre JV teams. Maybe I was thinking of the combined scores when you look at Dixies losses to the Birds in JV and Frosh. It was more like 140-6, my bad.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Posts
    149

    Quote Originally Posted by whataboutthis View Post
    Not to let facts get in the way of your slam but their JV team actually beat Ryle, and Simon last year I am pretty sure each were by a solid margin, lost to Boone by one score, and didn't play Campbell. Highlands JV could not have scored a 100 points becuase they were trying IMO. They got as many as they could but it wasn't a 100 points. If you disagree about them trying to score 100 so be it but they scored their last touchdown on a pass by the starting QB with less than 2 min left, to make the score 69-6.

    I am sure you will fire back with Highlands and their 10000000000 state championships but I DO NOT CARE ABOUT HIGHLANDS!!!!!!!!
    Seems to me Q makes a good point. Not to let the facts get in the way of your reply but your description of that JV game was not consistent with my memory of that game so I checked the tape as I had it handy. Birds led 41 to 6 at half and 62 to 6 at end of third quarter. Running clock went into effect around mid-third quarter. With running clock Highland ran all of about 4 or 5 total plays in 4th quarter (one series) all of which were handoff runs to JV back up running backs and one of which was the final TD with about 5 mins left in game. All 4 second half touchdowns were by second and third string JV running backs. So unless your point is it would be hard to score 100 points on Dixie's JV (or any team) because of the running clock system in effect (or perhaps it is that you expect the rest of NKY 6A will be really down after next year) then Q makes a good point.

    My recollection of the freshman game was a first half running clock game and that Dixie's numbers were really low at least for that game (less than 25 players dressed but might have had injuries, illness or other reason players were missing for that game).

    I also agree with Q that Dixie should have a very good team in 2011 that should be able to compete well with anybody in 6A (other than perhaps Trinity which looks to be exceptional this year). I will be interested to see if Dixie and Highlands play again in 2012 or whether 2011 turns out to be the last game in this series for awhile.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by wanttowin View Post
    Seems to me Q makes a good point. Not to let the facts get in the way of your reply but your description of that JV game was not consistent with my memory of that game so I checked the tape as I had it handy.
    One could retire selling recorders and DVD players in Ft Thomas!

  14. #29

    Join Date
    May 09
    Posts
    1,148

    I guess we can talk about the 2012 and 2013 seasons when they arrive....things change. You never know who's going to walk in the door at Dixie these days...lol.

    This thread is titled Dixie Heights 2011 so let's try not to advertise how great we think our Freshman and JV teams are.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    In enemy territory scouting for the future..
    Posts
    10,311

    I personally think Dixie will be the best 6A school in NKy next season. Their offense will be hard to stop with all of the weapons they have coming back. If the the other two kids that are rumored to show up next fall show they will be even better..Dixie will need to do a much better job of defending the pass if they want to make a deep run in the playoffs..

Top