Dayton at Beechwood predictions

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beechwood

    68 77.27%
  • Dayton

    20 22.73%
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    4,912

    Dayton at Beechwood predictions

    2-0 Dayton Greendevils with wins over two 5A schools travel to Fort Mitchell for a date with the red and white Tigers who are also 2-0.

    Is this flat out a winnable game for Dayton or will Beechwood remind everyone that they are the top team?

    Neither offense has exploded this year. Dayton had three short fields for the three TDs versus Holmes and put up only 14 on Scott. Beechwood rallied from behind to put up 21 on a solid Dixie team and added 20 on Lloyd. Which team gets in in gear this week?

    Or will the Defenses dominate?

    Thoughts?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    25

    Dayton at Beechwood predictions

    First district game for both of these teams.

    2-0 Dayton heads to to meet the 2-0 Beechwood tigers.

    Dayton's defense came out strong against holmes and shut scott down in the second half. Can Dayton stop the high scoring beechwood offense?

    Predictions?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    3,036

    Quote Originally Posted by DHSalum08
    First district game for both of these teams.

    2-0 Dayton heads to to meet the 2-0 Beechwood tigers.

    Dayton's defense came out strong against holmes and shut scott down in the second half. Can Dayton stop the high scoring beechwood offense?

    Predictions?
    2 TD's is high scoring?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,377

    Quote Originally Posted by All Play No Work
    2-0 Dayton Greendevils with wins over two 5A schools travel to Fort Mitchell for a date with the red and white Tigers who are also 2-0.

    Is this flat out a winnable game for Dayton or will Beechwood remind everyone that they are the top team?

    Neither offense has exploded this year. Dayton had three short fields for the three TDs versus Holmes and put up only 14 on Scott. Beechwood rallied from behind to put up 21 on a solid Dixie team and added 20 on Lloyd. Which team gets in in gear this week?

    Or will the Defenses dominate?

    Thoughts?
    Dayton will maybe keep it close for a quarter and a half because they do have a decent defense. But they really have no offense at all this year, and probably wont do anything against Beechwoods defense. And Beechwoods offense is a good offense with a huge line and guys who can make plays. Beechwood is definitely the better team and will show it when they play.

    Beechwood 35
    Dayton 0

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach
    Dayton will maybe keep it close for a quarter and a half because they do have a decent defense. But they really have no offense at all this year, and probably wont do anything against Beechwoods defense. And Beechwoods offense is a good offense with a huge line and guys who can make plays. Beechwood is definitely the better team and will show it when they play.

    Beechwood 35
    Dayton 0
    Dayton does have a good offense. Their defense has continued to step up and shut people out and the offense always seems to step in when the plays are needed and score. But i do think this will be an all out defensive battle. Dayton will have to bring their A game this week but i'm taking Dayton 13 to 7

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    3,036

    I would tend to think Beechwood, but if Dayton keeps the game close and does not make the two or three mistakes that Lloyd made, I could see an upset.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,561

    I can't see Dayton winning this one in Ft Mitchell. I like Beechwood 28-7.

  8. #8
    NEWCATH84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    1,973

    Beechwood 42 Dayton 7

  9. #9
    SEABASS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 07
    Location
    King of the hill
    Posts
    703

    Beechwood 21-14

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    3,587

    Both teams have improved over last season. Beechwood won 45-12 in 2006 at Dayton.

    Beechwood 48
    Dayton 12

  11. #11
    ESPNGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05
    Posts
    5,570

    Quote Originally Posted by DHSalum08
    Dayton does have a good offense. Their defense has continued to step up and shut people out and the offense always seems to step in when the plays are needed and score. But i do think this will be an all out defensive battle. Dayton will have to bring their A game this week but i'm taking Dayton 13 to 7
    you show your bias...

    Dayton can win the game, but not with the offense that they shown last week... It was blatant that they relied too much on mistakes of Scott last week to win the game... They can win, but it needs to be a superb effort with no almost zero mistakes... and by that I mean penalties, turnovers, etc....

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,167

    Quote Originally Posted by ESPNGUY
    you show your bias...

    Dayton can win the game, but not with the offense that they shown last week... It was blatant that they relied too much on mistakes of Scott last week to win the game... They can win, but it needs to be a superb effort with no almost zero mistakes... and by that I mean penalties, turnovers, etc....
    So, in other words, Beechwood will win. There is not a H.S. team in the country that can play a game "with almost zero mistakes."

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    4,912

    I think Dayton will struggle to move the ball consistantly against Beechwood and in the end that will cost them because Beechwood's special teams will take over field position-wise.

    Dayton will obviously not have to turn the ball over on offense and if they could advance the ball enough to make Beechwood go 80 or 90 yards to score it would help.

    A near perfect game may be needed, and it has been done before, but looks like Dayton is facing a tough task.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    May 05
    Posts
    107

    Daytons offense will go nowhere. This will leave the defense on the field for the majority of the game. Therefore Beechwoods big guys up front and Bankemper will dominate the game.

    Beechwood 42
    Dayton 0

  15. #15
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,522

    Beechwood 21
    Dayton 6
    Dayton keeps it close for a while and Beechwood comes out flat and overconfident and that is why the score stays this close.

Top