Conner/Campbell Co J.V.

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    209

    Conner/Campbell Co J.V.

    Any feedback on the game?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    58

    Campbell Co. draws first blood in this rematch and goes up 6 -0 after the extra point is blocked.

    Cougars O takes a little bit to get on track partly due to the Camels showing a gutsy first half of defense.
    QB Samad for Conner scattered the ball around to several receivers Gill, Bowden, with receiving touchdowns and Champ scored 2 rushing TDs as the O gets 5 touchdowns today. (I am leaving someone out, can't remember sorry)

    The Defense had a forced fumble recovery, 2 interceptions (Barb 1) and Culp (1). JT races 70+ yards on a tipped pass and some great blocking along the way to a final cut back inside for the score.

    Final Score Conner Cougars 39 Campbell Co. 6

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    209

    Sounds like Conner may have something to look forward to in the next couple of seasons. Although I know Barb is a senior what about Culp? What juniors do they have stepping up to make a difference???? Offense and defense???

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    39

    Barb and Culp are both seniiors - actually have 6-8 seniors starting JV this season with so many sophs starting varsity - kind of a role reversal......
    JV team needs to put some meat on the bones of its players to be competitive in the future

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    209

    Quote Originally Posted by Cgrrrblu
    Campbell Co. draws first blood in this rematch and goes up 6 -0 after the extra point is blocked.

    Cougars O takes a little bit to get on track partly due to the Camels showing a gutsy first half of defense.
    QB Samad for Conner scattered the ball around to several receivers Gill, Bowden, with receiving touchdowns and Champ scored 2 rushing TDs as the O gets 5 touchdowns today. (I am leaving someone out, can't remember sorry)

    The Defense had a forced fumble recovery, 2 interceptions (Barb 1) and Culp (1). JT races 70+ yards on a tipped pass and some great blocking along the way to a final cut back inside for the score.

    Final Score Conner Cougars 39 Campbell Co. 6
    There were actually 3 interceptions. #15 Josh Foree made one near the campbell co endzone and was tripped up by his teammate Culp. He kept the ball though.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    1,742

    Something to keep in mind for this game. The Camels also did not have their starting JV QB as he (Andrew Eshman) played the majority of the game on Friday night. Also, his back up did not dress so the #2 QB (David Jenkins) for the freshman team was the QB for the JV game.

  7. #7
    BGGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    3,572

    Quote Originally Posted by memyselfandi
    Something to keep in mind for this game. The Camels also did not have their starting JV QB as he (Andrew Eshman) played the majority of the game on Friday night. Also, his back up did not dress so the #2 QB (David Jenkins) for the freshman team was the QB for the JV game.
    Does this signal a change at the varsity helm for the Camels?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    1,742

    Quote Originally Posted by BGGreen
    Does this signal a change at the varsity helm for the Camels?
    If you read the article regarding the game it says Styer says he will use both.

  9. #9
    BGGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    3,572

    Quote Originally Posted by memyselfandi
    If you read the article regarding the game it says Styer says he will use both.
    Sorry, didn't get to read the article, but I thank you for the info.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    Covington, Ky
    Posts
    1,674

    Quote Originally Posted by memyselfandi
    Something to keep in mind for this game. The Camels also did not have their starting JV QB as he (Andrew Eshman) played the majority of the game on Friday night. Also, his back up did not dress so the #2 QB (David Jenkins) for the freshman team was the QB for the JV game.

    Why wouldn't the #1 freshman quarterback get the JV start?

  11. #11
    fair or foul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05
    Posts
    626

    Has an injury

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    58

    Quote Originally Posted by connerkickerboy
    Barb and Culp are both seniiors - actually have 6-8 seniors starting JV this season with so many sophs starting varsity - kind of a role reversal......
    JV team needs to put some meat on the bones of its players to be competitive in the future
    There are only two seniors playing JV due to their very limited Varsity roles.....the rest of the 6-8 seniors you mentioned as playing JV is just not true....they declined to play JV..... I guess they would rather sit then play down....


    The Conner Varsity does indeed have a bunch of underclassmen talent. The JV still has good talent.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    58

    Quote Originally Posted by cats5262
    There were actually 3 interceptions. #15 Josh Foree made one near the campbell co endzone and was tripped up by his teammate Culp. He kept the ball though.
    Good call..Cats5262..... thank you......I forgot about that one....
    .too many highlights.... too little memory....
    there is another touchdown and I couldnt remember who had that one.....

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    209

    Two of the Seniors that were playing JV quit the team altogether, but yes barb and Culp are still playing.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    124

    Gill is tuff

Top