Best players not to win Mr. Football

Page 3 of I think Vic Anderson has shown he would have been a tremendous Mr. Football. He and Beaumont were a close race! Advertisement Last edited by Ram; Jul 3... 125 comments | 7579 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    tenaciousD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Rocking out at the ROCK
    Posts
    1,695

    Quote Originally Posted by luvofthe_GAME91
    I know we're talking about the past but what about this year? Who deserves a shot from the small schools or any for that matter but usually don't get the credit? For one Adam Dials 2 games over 600 yards rushing, 11 TD's!!!
    AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Posts
    440

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Charms
    I like Eric Shelton in this one.

    Yes he was a beast in H.S. And even college, has some bad luck in NFL.

    But as H.S. goes I would say him, he tore Trinity up in the playoff game in 1999. One play he ran threw 5 Trinity players. Those five hits were loud and knocked all of them over including 2 linebackers. Oh and he scored on that play.

  3. #33
    gamer31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    Hill's Heroes!!!
    Posts
    787

    Harry Lewis

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    You my dinna
    Posts
    1,282

    Quote Originally Posted by Tru B 33
    Eric Shelton should have won Mr. Football IMO, who won it that year?
    Shelton's case was a little odd. He had an unbelievable year in 99 when he and Station went to the Title game but the problem was he was only a Junior. His senior year Bryan Station really came back down to earth and didn't have that great of a season. I can't imagine anyone from Lexington winning Mr. Football his Junior year.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    KY:)
    Posts
    18,096

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer31
    Harry Lewis
    Lofton wasn't too shabby either

  6. #36
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by stick1
    Lofton wasn't too shabby either
    I was going to list Lofton along with:

    Gerad Parker - LCHS
    Mike Jones - Russell
    Arliss beach - Ashland
    Juan Thomas - Ashland
    Terry Howell - Raceland


    IMO the NEKY and EKY kids get overlooked for the most part.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Jun 06
    Posts
    964

    Quote Originally Posted by The Golfer
    Shelton's case was a little odd. He had an unbelievable year in 99 when he and Station went to the Title game but the problem was he was only a Junior. His senior year Bryan Station really came back down to earth and didn't have that great of a season. I can't imagine anyone from Lexington winning Mr. Football his Junior year.
    If anyone was ever to win it as a junior, he should've been it.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Jun 06
    Posts
    964

    Ben Meighan has to be one of the best never to win it. Absolute stud QB.

  9. #39
    Long Time Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    2,026

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz
    The only other one I might mention from my area is Brandon Smith. He lost the 2004 Mr. Football to Curtis Pulley. Pulley was awesome and deserving. I too thought Smith was just as deserving with all of his passing yards, running ability, and success on the field (2 titles and 1 runner-up). I know that head to head matchups maybe shouldn't be factored but Brandon did lead the Rebels to 2 victories in as many matchups over Pulley and Hopkinsville.
    For me this is the one that stands out the most. IMO they shouldn't even vote for a Mr. Football after not giving it to Brandon. There isn't no ryme or reason for not voting Brandon over Curtis. Both were outstanding players and each deserved reconition but Brandon did everything you could do to win this award except lead his team to a THIRD STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!! They went to the title game just lost to none other than 16 time state champion Highlands!!

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    Quote Originally Posted by Long Time Warrior
    For me this is the one that stands out the most. IMO they shouldn't even vote for a Mr. Football after not giving it to Brandon. There isn't no ryme or reason for not voting Brandon over Curtis.
    Yes, there was ... Pulley was the better player.

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    Quote Originally Posted by oldrambler
    I was going to list Lofton along with:

    Gerad Parker - LCHS
    Mike Jones - Russell
    Arliss beach - Ashland
    Juan Thomas - Ashland
    Terry Howell - Raceland


    IMO the NEKY and EKY kids get overlooked for the most part.
    Who should have won Mr. Football, who should they have beaten out for the award and why?

  12. #42
    Covercorner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Location
    Definition of a STUDENT-ATHLETE
    Posts
    1,648

    <--------Ben Revere, but he won Mr. Baseball, so it's a trade off he'll take.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Retired From BGP
    Posts
    6,680

    Some players from NKY over the years.

    Brad Dietz - QB CCH
    Mark Pike - RB Dixie
    George Duvall - RB Boone County
    Jim Lokesak - RB Ludlow
    Matt O'Toole - QB Dixie
    Tim and Todd Shulte - CCH
    Mark Meyer(?) - FB Scott
    Chris Gaelicio (?) - QB HHS
    Eddie Eviston - QB NCC

  14. #44
    iPapi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Location
    In a place where I have kin, friends, enemies, and everything in between.
    Posts
    2,366

    This list could go for days, and names could come from all over the state.

    But here are a few off of the top of my head.

    Brent Coleman - Pikeville
    Steve Bailey - Pikeville
    Mike West - Lawrence Co.
    Kyle Moore - Breathitt Co.
    Cole Draughn - Pulaksi Co.
    Lee Renfro - PSW
    Justin Burke - LexCath
    Zach Barnard - O'Cath
    Chris Todd - E'Town
    Brandon Deaderick - E'Town
    Doug Howard - Belfry
    David Jones - Belfry
    Nick Jamerson - Prestonsburg
    Josh Gross - Russell
    Quenton (Can't remember last name) - Lynn Camp
    DeShae Henson - Clay Co.
    Waylon Chapman - Breathitt Co.
    Chad (can't remember last name) - Franklin-Simpson played at UK
    Craig Yeast - Harrodsburg
    Julius Yeast - Harrodsburg
    Chase Gibson - Pikeville

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    921

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman32
    Some players from NKY over the years.

    Brad Dietz - QB CCH
    Mark Pike - RB Dixie
    George Duvall - RB Boone County
    Jim Lokesak - RB Ludlow
    Matt O'Toole - QB Dixie
    Tim and Todd Shulte - CCH
    Mark Meyer(?) - FB Scott
    Chris Gaelicio (?) - QB HHS
    Eddie Eviston - QB NCC
    Wouldn't Brett Hamblen merit mention here? He was tough on both sides of the ball, lot of speed. OOPs, someone else already mentioned him.

Top