Bellevue at Ludlow Predictions

Page 2 of Originally Posted by h.s.sportsrbest What am I missing? I like Bellevue by 14+ in this game yet there are a LOT of posters that are predicting a Ludlow... 38 comments | 1512 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bellevue

    27 61.36%
  • Ludlow

    17 38.64%
  1. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    21,402

    What am I missing? I like Bellevue by 14+ in this game yet there are a LOT of posters that are predicting a Ludlow victory. Am I missing something?
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    4,912

    Quote Originally Posted by h.s.sportsrbest
    What am I missing? I like Bellevue by 14+ in this game yet there are a LOT of posters that are predicting a Ludlow victory. Am I missing something?
    Why do you like Bellevue (playing Devil here)? A nice win over Newport who got blasted the next game by halftime. And Newport may have outgained Bellevue in that one. Followed by a struggling win (27-20 with Paris driving for the tying score with four minutes left) over a team that is going to struggle in their district.

    Then again you could argue that Ludlow has two wins over decent but not great teams and gave up some points doing it.

    I think this one is a nailbiter.

  3. #18
    THEDUDEABIDES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Location
    The Bowling Alley listening to some Creedence
    Posts
    589

    Bellevue's win against Paris was 40-20 and the reason I pick Bellevue in this one is their tough defense that has not allowed many yards in both games and caused many turnovers and because of their conditioning which proved superior to that of Paris and Newport

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Anderson, Ohio
    Posts
    125

    Quote Originally Posted by THEDUDEABIDES
    Bellevue's win against Paris was 40-20 and the reason I pick Bellevue in this one is their tough defense that has not allowed many yards in both games and caused many turnovers and because of their conditioning which proved superior to that of Paris and Newport
    I believe he was stating that it was 27-20 before Bellevue put them away. If you want to play the turnovers game here, Ludlow is +8 in the turnover department. It will be an even game.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,383

    Quote Originally Posted by All Play No Work
    Why do you like Bellevue (playing Devil here)? A nice win over Newport who got blasted the next game by halftime. And Newport may have outgained Bellevue in that one. Followed by a struggling win (27-20 with Paris driving for the tying score with four minutes left) over a team that is going to struggle in their district.

    Then again you could argue that Ludlow has two wins over decent but not great teams and gave up some points doing it.

    I think this one is a nailbiter.
    The thing alot of people probably dont realize is that first game for Ludlow against Trimble County. They played against a runningback who last year was honorable mention all state as a junior, and so probably has a good chance this year then at making all state. So alot of teams are going to give up points to that team because their runningback is a beast. However the Carroll County game Ludlow definitely should not have given up 24 points to them...

    So I do agree with you that this game will be A GREAT GAME, and friday cant get here soon enough...I just hope the weather for this game is nice, and not one of those rainy games...

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,383

    Quote Originally Posted by h.s.sportsrbest
    What am I missing? I like Bellevue by 14+ in this game yet there are a LOT of posters that are predicting a Ludlow victory. Am I missing something?
    I guess you are talking about how alot of people posted that they think Ludlow will win, but the poll is a big advantage for Bellevue however. My only guess would be that the people who posted a Ludlow victory didn't see the poll...

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,383

    Well if Ludlow can win this game they apperantly will be beating a top ten team in the state, since somehow Bellevue is ranked number 8 in the state. However even if Ludlow wins this game, I bet Ludlow still would not receive any votes close to the top 10 for some reason...

  8. #23
    btownfootball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 07
    Location
    The jungle
    Posts
    73

    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol08
    I pic the Panthers in this one by seven. I think it will be close, but a high scoring game, and with Bellevue's size i think the will be worn down in the fourth and Ludlow will capitalize.
    How can you say Bellevue will be worn down in the forth when they scored 19 of their 40 total points against Paris in the second half two of them coming in the fourth with under five min. left in the game

  9. #24
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    9,246

    I believe that Bellevue will edge Ludlow in a close one. I have a feeling that this game will come down to a big defensive play and with Bellevue's D, I think they can pull off in a close on. Bellevue 27 Ludlow 21

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,383

    Only two more days, I cant wait!!!

  11. #26
    cornerblitz31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    Northern Ky, the best place in the world for HS sports!
    Posts
    167

    I don't see why you would say that Bellevue will be worn down in the fourth because, I think they have proved that there conditioning is great, being able to score 19 of 40 points in the second half.
    Last edited by STRIKE3; Sep 7, 07 at 07:30 AM.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Feb 07
    Posts
    92

    Quote Originally Posted by cornerblitz31
    I don't see why you would say that Bellevue will be worn down in the fourth because, I think they have proved that there conditioning is great, being able to score 19 of 40 points in the second half.
    By looking at the difference in the two team's speeds. Ludlow seems alot faster than Bellevue and I didnt mean in the second half I meant in the fourth quarter. Dont get me wrong this will be a close game but I think Ludlow will start to pull away.

    Ludlow 13
    Bellevue 9
    Last edited by STRIKE3; Sep 7, 07 at 07:31 AM. Reason: edited quote

  13. #28
    cornerblitz31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    Northern Ky, the best place in the world for HS sports!
    Posts
    167

    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol08
    By looking at the difference in the two team's speeds. Ludlow seems alot faster than Bellevue and I didnt mean in the second half I meant in the fourth quarter. Dont get me wrong this will be a close game but I think Ludlow will start to pull away.

    Ludlow 13
    Bellevue 9
    Theres not that much of a difference in these two teams speed. and I thought you said earlier in this thread it was going to be a high scoring game???
    Last edited by cornerblitz31; Sep 6, 07 at 12:38 PM.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Posts
    412

    Quote Originally Posted by cornerblitz31
    i
    I don't see why you would say that Bellevue will be worn down in the fourth because, I think they have proved that there conditioning is great, being able to score 19 of 40 points in the second half.
    It is pretty impressive that Bellevue was able to score almost half of their points in the second half, you want to have your team in a position to do this. I am just curious, because most of the points (from what I have read and heard) were in the closing minutes of the game, were the Tigers in that good of shape or was Paris in that bad of shape?
    Last edited by STRIKE3; Sep 7, 07 at 07:31 AM. Reason: edited quote

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    4,912

    Quote Originally Posted by Panther8404
    It is pretty impressive that Bellevue was able to score almost half of their points in the second half, you want to have your team in a position to do this. I am just curious, because most of the points (from what I have read and heard) were in the closing minutes of the game, were the Tigers in that good of shape or was Paris in that bad of shape?
    It wasn't that Paris was in bad shape (although they did wear down because they play so few players) it was that they did not recover squib kickoffs and then threw INTs when backed-up in their own end.

    Ludlow and Bellevue should be about equal depth and conditioning-wise late in the game.

Top