Beechwood 46 Dayton 7

Page 3 of Final Advertisement Sep 7, 07, 09:41 PM #2 PutMeInCoach View Profile View Forum Posts Premium Member Join Date Sep 06 Location the Indo Posts9,605... 55 comments | 2257 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    191

    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol08
    Well i see Dayton beating Ludlow and Bellevue and ya ill give it to you traveling to Erlanger and playing the Juggs will be a big one but i see the Devils pulling it out.

    Dayton 9-1
    I agree
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Reading a book and eating a Milkbone!
    Posts
    234

    Quote Originally Posted by 08O-Line_pride
    I disagree there left end did almost nothing all night. I dont know that he had really any tackles. I'm pretty sure its Bessy, the 6ft6 kid
    We all know that to be a Beechwood starting lineman you just can't ( do almost nothing). If he was not playing his position correctly why didn't Dayton simply run over him and score on every drive?

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    314

    Yes his name is Bessy, a sack 4 tackles 2 pressures and a tipped ball, he can do "almost nothing" on my team any time. With a d-line feasting all night on QBs and RBs there was not a great deal to go around, were you at the game? maybe you can share the Dayton stats with me, I counted 11 yds rushing and just over 100 in the air. Correct me if I am wrong

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    4,912

    Quote Originally Posted by NCC06
    Will beechwood think about moving up with NCC in the future years
    Schools can't just move up because they want to. You can ask, and in general it helps to have a ecomonic/travel reason to move up in class. And you can't cause a district to be overloaded or leave a district with less than 4 teams basically.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    2,008

    Quote Originally Posted by 08O-Line_pride
    I disagree there left end did almost nothing all night. I dont know that he had really any tackles. I'm pretty sure its Bessy, the 6ft6 kid
    I know this to be a complete lie ... for a fact.

  6. #36
    Surf Fisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    237

    Beechwood in a League by themselves.

    Dear Dayton Fans,

    I appreciate that you support and root for your team, but one of these years you are going to have to face reality.

    Your team is an average 1A squad ,that is not any where close to playing at the level that Beechwood does.

    If you were at the game, you would realize what I say is a fact.

    Beechwood could have scored 80 points against Dayton if they wanted to.

    As far as I could see in that game, Dayton was totally beaten from the first play to the last. If they have to play us again in the playoffs, it will be just more of the same.

    Note: I have no doubt that Loyd will beat Dayton by at least 20 pts.

    "It is, What it is"

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Feb 07
    Posts
    92

    Wow ban-waggon, maybe some people are just fead up with the same old ----, and thats why the districts where changed.

  8. #38
    Beechwoodfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Posts
    6,061

    Quote Originally Posted by Surf Fisherman
    Dear Dayton Fans,

    I appreciate that you support and root for your team, but one of these years you are going to have to face reality.

    Your team is an average 1A squad ,that is not any where close to playing at the level that Beechwood does.

    If you were at the game, you would realize what I say is a fact.

    Beechwood could have scored 80 points against Dayton if they wanted to.

    As far as I could see in that game, Dayton was totally beaten from the first play to the last. If they have to play us again in the playoffs, it will be just more of the same.


    Note: I have no doubt that Loyd will beat Dayton by at least 20 pts.

    "It is, What it is"

    Ouch! That is a bit rough!:

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,356

    Quote Originally Posted by Surf Fisherman
    Dear Dayton Fans,

    I appreciate that you support and root for your team, but one of these years you are going to have to face reality.

    Your team is an average 1A squad ,that is not any where close to playing at the level that Beechwood does.

    If you were at the game, you would realize what I say is a fact.

    Beechwood could have scored 80 points against Dayton if they wanted to.

    As far as I could see in that game, Dayton was totally beaten from the first play to the last. If they have to play us again in the playoffs, it will be just more of the same.

    Note: I have no doubt that Loyd will beat Dayton by at least 20 pts.

    "It is, What it is"
    So....what do you really think?

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,399

    Quote Originally Posted by Surf Fisherman
    Dear Dayton Fans,

    I appreciate that you support and root for your team, but one of these years you are going to have to face reality.

    Your team is an average 1A squad ,that is not any where close to playing at the level that Beechwood does.

    If you were at the game, you would realize what I say is a fact.

    Beechwood could have scored 80 points against Dayton if they wanted to.

    As far as I could see in that game, Dayton was totally beaten from the first play to the last. If they have to play us again in the playoffs, it will be just more of the same.

    Note: I have no doubt that Loyd will beat Dayton by at least 20 pts.

    "It is, What it is"
    Well I have a pretty big problem with the part I bolded in your little note here...Dont get me wrong I am not a Dayton fan at all, and actually have been arguing with them for the last 2 weeks telling them that they WOULD NOT PLAY WITH BEECHWOOD...

    However you say that your going to have to face reality that your just a average 1A squad, and cant play at the level of Beechwood. That is a big problem for me because you make it sound like its impossible too. When that is not true at all, yeah usually the 3 little river schools are not going to be able to compete with Beechwood every year. However those schools every now and then do get a great group of kids together that can play with Beechwood. So definitely dont make it sound like these schools can never compete with Beechwood cause that is not true.. This year that is the case, but it is not like the all the time...

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,167

    Being around all 4 schools my whole life I will say this and this only, in the 70's and 80's Beechwood took their lumps against both Ludlow and Bellevue. It wasn't until the late 80's that Beechwood starting beating these teams on a consistant basis.

    I honestly don't remember Dayton being a factor, not that they weren't because I don't remember. I do know Dayton had BHS beat in a playoff game, yr has slipped my mind(Skirvin) but BHS did win the game. Anyone can win on any given night.

  12. #42
    nyrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07
    Posts
    388

    Beechwood could move up and leave 4 teams in the 1A district and make 5 in the 2A district. So the "imbalance" argument is not a good one. However.......that being said I am one that feels teams should play where they belong. Beechwood is a class 1A school and should not be chastized for choosing to play where they belong. Keep in mind NCC did not choose to move up but were placed based on enrollment. This shows how there was a gap in the old system (which they still should be using) between the largest and smallest A schools.

    All that being said Nobody even remotely touches Beechwood this year and if we were under the old system what a great district game between NCC and Beechwood since both have a great chance to win state championships.

  13. #43
    nyrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07
    Posts
    388

    And Dayton, Ludlow and Bellevue are not average class 1A schools this season. All three are as good as anybody ranked 4 - 10 in Class A. Unfortunately they are in a district with the very best in Beechwood. If we would still cross the districts for the playoffs this district would have a great chance to pull a sweep.

  14. #44
    ESPNGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05
    Posts
    5,570

    Quote Originally Posted by Surf Fisherman
    Dear Dayton Fans,

    I appreciate that you support and root for your team, but one of these years you are going to have to face reality.

    Your team is an average 1A squad ,that is not any where close to playing at the level that Beechwood does.

    If you were at the game, you would realize what I say is a fact.

    Beechwood could have scored 80 points against Dayton if they wanted to.

    As far as I could see in that game, Dayton was totally beaten from the first play to the last. If they have to play us again in the playoffs, it will be just more of the same.

    Note: I have no doubt that Loyd will beat Dayton by at least 20 pts.

    "It is, What it is"
    Dear Surf Fisherman

    It is obvious that you haven't seen the river schools play against anyone but Beechwood.

    If you have seen other games this season, you would realize, that Dayton came out flat, and not ready to play. The game could have been closer.

    I was at the game. It was ugly, but they played bad against a good team, and that is what happens. You won't convince me that the game couldn't have been closer had Dayton played a game they are capable of, because I know they are capable of better.

    I'm not saying Dayton should have won, or is a better team, I'm saying that they could have played with them, and made it a game.

    They were beaten mostly from the first play to the last, because they were beat by themselves before they took the field, beaten by a mindset. But there was a 6 minute burst in the 2nd quarter that showed what they could've been doing. They played bad, but they could've played better.

    If they play in the playoffs, and Dayton comes wit the same mindset and everyone doesn't decide that Beechwood is a good team but not unbeatable, then they will get beat handily again. But if they come ready to play, they can make a game of it. Watch them more than once a year and you will see that they are above average.

    Note: If you think that Beechwood played just as good against Lloyd as they did Dayton, we watched a couple different games. I saw both, and Beechwood made a lot more mistakes a frankly played less "crisp" of a game against Lloyd. The Dayton Lloyd game should be a good one. Remember, last year everyone had Lloyd as a TD or 2 favorite in that game too, and they got beat by 20...

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,167

    Food for thought on the Dayton 6 min burst. I am probably wrong about the score here but BHS was up by about 28 in the 2nd qt. Dealing w/H.S. kids as everyone knows, they get comfortable and content and their is a let down in their mind set. Could this have happened to the BHS "D" for this particular series and then the coaches woke them back up. If I remember right, BHS came right back and scored two quick TD's after that and shut Dayton down the rest of the half.

Top