AP Top Ten this week

Page 2 of You need to have a paper that gets to vote to be in this, otherwise you sit outside and look in. Bourbon in the top 10 in 4A?... 30 comments | 2516 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,525

    Quote Originally Posted by westsider
    It's painfully obvious that some voters pay attention only to a team's record and not who they've played, beaten and lost to. This poll is becoming increasingly irrelevant.
    Becoming?
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9
    Becoming?
    It isn't like they don't get most of the right teams in the top 10, but simply watching how teams rise and fall gets frustrating for fans that would like the poll to reflect a realistic ranking of each class.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 07
    Location
    Rockcastle
    Posts
    3,505

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9
    Becoming?

  4. #19
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,525

    Quote Originally Posted by westsider
    It isn't like they don't get most of the right teams in the top 10, but simply watching how teams rise and fall gets frustrating for fans that would like the poll to reflect a realistic ranking of each class.
    I agree. Its the "receiving votes" that usually gets folks worked up. I'm guessing a couple voters threw a 10th place vote at Bourbon County just as a reward for breaking their streak.

  5. #20
    JC Alumni 76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    3,341

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram
    They have played and defeated:
    Phelps 54-6
    South Floyd 27-14
    Allen Central 44-13

    They will probably win this week against Betsy Layne, then they will have trouble the rest of the season with: Prestonsburg, Johnson Central, Raceland, Pikeville, Pike County Central, and Sheldon Clark.
    Paintsville, as Ram showed, has started the season 3-0 and will probably win against Betsy Lane. But after that it doesnt look for the Tigers. I cant see them winning another game this season after Betsy Lane. Although they do appear to have some nice athletes, but their line play is going to hurt them against good physical teams.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    22

    i think that it is crazy that the top two teams in 1A are on the same side of the bracket come playoff time.

  7. #22

    Quote Originally Posted by westcoaster
    i think that it is crazy that the top two teams in 1A are on the same side of the bracket come playoff time.
    Well the top 5 teams in 3A are from the eastern half of the state, now that makes for some competitive and interesting playoff matchups.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    Quote Originally Posted by The Windex Man
    Well the top 5 teams in 3A are from the eastern half of the state, now that makes for some competitive and interesting playoff matchups.
    There aren't five teams in 3A better than Louisville Central, and Paducah Tilghman may very well be a top-five team, too.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    FT THOMAS
    Posts
    1,320

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsvoice
    Class 6A

    1. Lou. St. Xavier (12) 4-0 182 2
    2. Lou. Trinity (6) 2-1 174 1
    3. Lou. DuPont Manual (1) 4-0 138 4
    4. Lou. Male - 3-1 114 3
    5. Lex. Henry Clay - 2-1 98 5
    6. Lex. Lafayette - 4-0 89 6
    7. Madison Central - 4-0 75 7
    8. Scott Co. - 2-1 50 8
    9. Lou. Eastern - 4-0 24
    10. Lou. Ballard - 2-2 23 10

    Should we just Rename 6A Louisville-A? Is there any team in 6A that will win that does not reside in Louisville. Have a sneaking suspicion that the Trophy will reside in the "ville" for 6A for some years to come. (Unless Highlands moves to 6A which will never happen given their school size.)

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    122

    Very suprised to see Lex Cath at number 2 in the 4A. All other polls have them number 1 by alot.

  11. #26
    RowdyRedRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    backed up against the wall
    Posts
    5,018

    I just noticed someone gave Manual a first place vote.

    Interesting.

    Hopefully the Crimsons make somebody look real smart Friday.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    16,083

    Mason Co Seems to be Moving

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Jul 07
    Location
    Suwanee, GA
    Posts
    3,300

    Quote Originally Posted by westsider
    There aren't five teams in 3A better than Louisville Central, and Paducah Tilghman may very well be a top-five team, too.
    I agree with this.... until I see Louisville Central struggle/lose to a team they are supposed to beat, then Central will be the #1 3A team in my estimation. I will say though, that Belfry is a very, very good #2 team as well, better than alot of people realize this season.

    As for Tilghman, they are a bit tougher to read. Their schedule has been very tough and they haven't bee blown out by anybody, but at the same time if they were a true 3A contender this year I think they would have found a way to beat fort Campbell. As tough as PT's schedule has been it doesn't even come close to comparing to Central's.

  14. #29
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by Springsteen#1
    Why does Pikeville drop after losing to the #2 ranked team in 4A? UNBELIEVABLE
    I agree, that one makes no sense to me at all. Just another thing about polls, they are just that - something for everyone to look at and talk about. They really don't mean a whole lot of anything else.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    Quote Originally Posted by EKUAlum05
    I agree with this.... until I see Louisville Central struggle/lose to a team they are supposed to beat, then Central will be the #1 3A team in my estimation. I will say though, that Belfry is a very, very good #2 team as well, better than alot of people realize this season.

    As for Tilghman, they are a bit tougher to read. Their schedule has been very tough and they haven't bee blown out by anybody, but at the same time if they were a true 3A contender this year I think they would have found a way to beat fort Campbell. As tough as PT's schedule has been it doesn't even come close to comparing to Central's.
    No argument here.

    I think Tilghman should have beaten Fort Campbell, but they've also lost close games to a ranked 5A team and a potential 6A district champion. They led Christian County in the fourth quarter and failed to score from the 5 in the final two minutes at Graves County. Their early schedule is the second-best in 3A, but it still doesn't hold a candle to Central's.

Top