2A Champ Predictions?

Page 2 of I know its early just wanted to see what people thought. Advertisement Sep 18, 07, 12:18 PM #2 WiseBred View Profile View Forum Posts Registered U... 55 comments | 2121 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 07
    Posts
    14

    NO Bardstown? Lets not forget how hard their last 3 games have been. I think people are letting the tigers record fool them.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Old School Admiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    The dirty, dirty south
    Posts
    695

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Gap
    The USS Danville with Drop Anchor in the Pizza Box, headed by the Admiral himself, Sam Harp. Here's the sad part for all of you others, of those 22 starters, Danville will have 17 of them back next year....some of you may go find a whole and crawl in it now. j/k

    Best of luck to all!!
    Find a Whole what? A Whole lot of nothing?

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    471

    I've seen Bardstown and if they are the class of 2A then 2A is terrible. NC Catholic-Danville-Trigg Co.-Corbin-Glasgow-Middlesboro,

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jul 07
    Location
    Suwanee, GA
    Posts
    3,300

    Of course, as mentioned, NCC and Danville have proven they are front runners.

    But, consideration to Trigg County and Corbin should be given.

    Trigg has went 4-0, and although they have not knocked off heavyweights, they have beat some quality teams.

    Corbin has excellent balance on offense and a ton of experience, their only loss thusfar has been to arguably the best 3A team in Belfry on the road.. since then they have defeated 6A Dunbar and 5A South Laurel.

    Considering the losses both NCC and Danville had to graduation, I feel it is unfounded to declare them to be the kings of the class just yet.

  5. #20
    Inside Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Somewhere in the 502
    Posts
    63

    Bardstown

  6. #21
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,414

    Danville looks pretty good, but they have some holes right now. They have a big issue with turnovers, especially interceptions. There are still alot of "practices" to get them ready for the playoffs though.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    Covington, KY.
    Posts
    485

    Quote Originally Posted by 94 Camel
    NCC is by far the best AA team that I have seen play, including Danville.
    I personally thought the best AA team I have seen play is Appalachian State. However seeing as they are a North carolina team, my pick would be NewCath.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Posts
    796

    Danville!! To go 3-1 with all those young players against a very tough early season schedule is pretty good. By the end of the season those young guys are going to be alot better then they are know. I think it will be hard to beat them.

  9. #24
    NCC06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    787

    Quote Originally Posted by EKUAlum05
    Of course, as mentioned, NCC and Danville have proven they are front runners.

    But, consideration to Trigg County and Corbin should be given.

    Trigg has went 4-0, and although they have not knocked off heavyweights, they have beat some quality teams.

    Corbin has excellent balance on offense and a ton of experience, their only loss thusfar has been to arguably the best 3A team in Belfry on the road.. since then they have defeated 6A Dunbar and 5A South Laurel.

    Considering the losses both NCC and Danville had to graduation, I feel it is unfounded to declare them to be the kings of the class just yet.
    Ncc IMO looks better than they did last year when they got to the title game... they have to be the front runners followed by danville

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Jun 07
    Posts
    14

    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Horizons
    I've seen Bardstown and if they are the class of 2A then 2A is terrible. NC Catholic-Danville-Trigg Co.-Corbin-Glasgow-Middlesboro,
    We will see about that one.

  11. #26
    Hearsay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Location
    W. 35th St. brownstone
    Posts
    10,478

    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Horizons
    I've seen Bardstown and if they are the class of 2A then 2A is terrible. NC Catholic-Danville-Trigg Co.-Corbin-Glasgow-Middlesboro,
    That's O.K. Bardstown likes it that way. Shhhhhhhhh . . .

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    247

    Newport Catholic, who else can put together so much talent from such a small area and group of kids to pick from? It's all in the coaching.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    FT THOMAS
    Posts
    1,320

    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmadness
    Newport Catholic, who else can put together so much talent from such a small area and group of kids to pick from? It's all in the coaching.
    I agree and disagree with that statement. How many kids live in Fort Thomas and could go to Highlands? The fact is, people want to go where they have a chance to win. IMO Dale overscheduled the Birds the last few years. Some of these kids may have seen that and realized that NCC is on the way up and went there. I know, you must decide when you are in middle school where to go or something like that, but when you see that first trophy get carried up onto the hill in Newport, it turns some heads. Another thing, look at these kids playing here, how many of their dads, brothers, uncles played here? Its a tradition thing like Highlands. So as far as the "Coaching thing" goes, where were they for the 20 something years in between the last title in the eighties and their recent success? Napping? I wish the Breds luck, plus it will give me an excuse to go down to state a day early and patronize that really awesome establishment on the BLVD.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    4,912

    Quote Originally Posted by FTBIGBIRD
    I agree and disagree with that statement. How many kids live in Fort Thomas and could go to Highlands? The fact is, people want to go where they have a chance to win. IMO Dale overscheduled the Birds the last few years. Some of these kids may have seen that and realized that NCC is on the way up and went there. I know, you must decide when you are in middle school where to go or something like that, but when you see that first trophy get carried up onto the hill in Newport, it turns some heads. Another thing, look at these kids playing here, how many of their dads, brothers, uncles played here? Its a tradition thing like Highlands. So as far as the "Coaching thing" goes, where were they for the 20 something years in between the last title in the eighties and their recent success? Napping? I wish the Breds luck, plus it will give me an excuse to go down to state a day early and patronize that really awesome establishment on the BLVD.
    OK let's see.

    #1 Highlands hasn't over-scheduled. They have scheduled games that make them better come playoff time and the players look forward to the challenges.

    #2 You don't have to decide anything in middle school. None of those proposals were put in effect.

    #3 If the "first trophy up the hill" was going to turn heads then NCC would have been a lot better in the 90s instead of Beechwood winning nearly every year.

    #4 You finally got something right in that both Highlands and NCC have a lot of family tradition.

    .250 average (the Reds could use you).

  15. #30
    ADopted ADmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
    Posts
    12,458

    I do have a Dog in this fight,All he is thinking about right now is week 5 Ft. Knox...

Top