Top scorers for JV teams in the 13th region

  1. #1
    IM4THEHOUNDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    Log Cabin in the country
    Posts
    1,935

    Top scorers for JV teams in the 13th region

    Who are the play makers for the 13th region JV teams?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    rudedogky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    528

    Quote Originally Posted by IM4THEHOUNDS
    Who are the play makers for the 13th region JV teams?
    Do you know who is in the Knox Central freshman tourney Saturday?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Harlan, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    4,554

    Everyone in the region except Evarts, Cumberland, Red Bird, Pineville and Barbourville.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    Down in the Hollar, near the Big Creek
    Posts
    1,772

    I think Bell has the best freshman team in the region this year. Clay would be second from the teams I have seen. Of course several freshman players are playing at the varsity level and will not be playing in the tournament. I know Knox, South and Corbin all would be much better if they played all their players,but none will risk injury to win the 9th grade regional.

  5. #5
    rudedogky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    528

    Quote Originally Posted by HDE
    Everyone in the region except Evarts, Cumberland, Red Bird, Pineville and Barbourville.
    Cumberland is supposed to play at Knox Central Saturday from what I hear.

  6. #6
    IM4THEHOUNDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    Log Cabin in the country
    Posts
    1,935

    To play or not to play

    Who thinks it makes it an unlevel playing field for some teams to play their varsity freshman and others will not? Is it such a big deal if you do win when other teams aren't playing their best players?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Posts
    1,334

    This tourney lets your younger kids play in a tournament atmosphere. It is not important who wins but it is a good experience for the kids. Differant teams have differant goals for the tourney.Corbin is trying to win the big 13th while Williamsburg is trying to have some success were they can.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 07
    Posts
    5

    CONGRATS TO WHITLEY COUNTY. THEY WON THE 13TH REGION FRESHMAN , TOURNAMENT. THEY BEAT KNOX CENTRAL 78-50 IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    219

    you cant really go by this tournment to see who has the best freshmen class..because like you said alot of the "Best" Freshmen start Varsity, and dont play Freshmen...

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Harlan, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    4,554

    I'm a little surprised Whitley beat Bell in the semifinals. I thought Bell had the best looking team in the first two rounds with Clay second.

    Whitley played as hard as anyone on defense though and shot the ball pretty well.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    219

    who took clay out?

  12. #12
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,778

    Did any varsity players play in the tourney?

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Harlan, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    4,554

    A lot of varsity players were there. A few of the top guys didn't play like Crawford and Labanion of Whitley, Miller of Knox Central, Whitaker of Bell, Wilson of Clay, Manns, Gilbert and St. John of South and Johnson, Manns and Wilson of Corbin.

    Bell beat Clay in the quarterfinals.

  14. #14
    rudedogky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    528

    Quote Originally Posted by HDE
    A lot of varsity players were there. A few of the top guys didn't play like Crawford and Labanion of Whitley, Miller of Knox Central, Whitaker of Bell, Wilson of Clay, Manns, Gilbert and St. John of South and Johnson, Manns and Wilson of Corbin.

    Bell beat Clay in the quarterfinals.
    How did Cawood look?And Harlan?

  15. #15
    The Breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    2,193

    Quote Originally Posted by IM4THEHOUNDS
    Who thinks it makes it an unlevel playing field for some teams to play their varsity freshman and others will not? Is it such a big deal if you do win when other teams aren't playing their best players?
    I bet Whitley players felt like it was a big deal when they won, they couldn't worry about who was not there but beat all the ones they had to in order to win the tournment. I understand about the better freshman not being there but alot of times the older players on the varsity help the younger ones look good and its harder sometimes to play at your on level. Good job Whitley.

Top