Open Job: Garrard County

Page 2 of per Coach Ryan Young twitter @Ryan_victor12 he has stepped down as head coach of the Golden Lions to pursue other opportunities. Advertisement 0 0 0 &n... 23 comments | 5067 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 19
    Posts
    106

    According to GCHS website today is the deadline for applications. Any news on potential Coach applicants?
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 19
    Posts
    25

    I have heard (2) bardstown basketball assistants John Wheat, Matthew turner have applied. I believe Garrard is a tough job in that district.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 19
    Posts
    106

    45th & 12th is tough but the right coach can make some noise at GC, the talents young but they got some kids that can play

  4. #19
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,652

    Brandon Cooper was named head coach today. Cooper is a Garrard graduate who was previously head coach in 2011-12. He’s been an assistant at Danville the last several seasons. He was a long time assistant at Southwestern prior to coming to Garrard the first time.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    487

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    Brandon Cooper was named head coach today. Cooper is a Garrard graduate who was previously head coach in 2011-12. He’s been an assistant at Danville the last several seasons. He was a long time assistant at Southwestern prior to coming to Garrard the first time.
    I heard they didn't even interview nobody for the job. I guess they must knew Cooper was there guy from the jump.

  6. #21
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,652

    Quote Originally Posted by Statsdontlie View Post
    I heard they didn't even interview nobody for the job. I guess they must knew Cooper was there guy from the jump.
    I believe they had a few interviews set up and a couple folks backed out.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Nov 19
    Posts
    106

    Awesome hire for Garrard. With Cooper's son they have an outside scoring threat that along with Quisenberry is a good combination. If they grow and the freshman and sophomores develop around those kids it could be really good next couple of years in GC.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    450

    Big loss for Danville IMO. I was hoping Cooper would take over after McKinney.

  9. #24
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,652

    Quote Originally Posted by DanvilleFan View Post
    Big loss for Danville IMO. I was hoping Cooper would take over after McKinney.
    I’ve heard for ten years Ed was going to retire and every winter he’s back on the sidelines!

Top