Mr. Polarbear leaving Bracken

Page 2 of Originally Posted by Polar Bear Facts Well all good things sometimes come to an end. Mr. Polar Bear (PA) is leaving the program after 13 years to be th... 34 comments | 2482 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    BEARFACTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Parts Un-known
    Posts
    221

    Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear Facts
    Well all good things sometimes come to an end. Mr. Polar Bear (PA) is leaving the program after 13 years to be the voice of the Saints this season.
    The Polar Bear timer, of 9 years, also took a job at Augusta and will be a Panther this year.
    Neither move was based on dislike from or disrespect for the athletic staff at Bracken County. The athletic staff (coaches, AD, etc...) have always been good to both of these guys and their moves from the program are based on jobs or a change of family situations, not the AD.
    .. I do not remember looking back and seeing where no one mentioned the Mens Coaching staff doing anything wrong,, back to what I said before,, Why would it hurt to give a person a pass for the family, He traveled through Mason county just to announce in Bracken,, by the way, I give the BEARFACTS.. not the Polar Bear Facts,, have a great weekend. Are you sure the timer isnt going to St Pat also... ?????
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    7,275

    The Boys Polar Bear varsity will do good to find an announcer with the team they'll have this season and next, maybe that played into it. St. Pat and Augusta both look to field respectable teams for quite a few years.

  3. #18
    Bird Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    Two States
    Posts
    819

    I always loved hearing..."Darius Miller at the line....shooting one and the BONUS!"

  4. #19

    I never imagined that the fact that a PA announcer leaving his job would garner so much attention to bring in 18 post about the subject prior to this message. I can't wait for basketball season to start so the threads will become a little more interesting.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Posts
    2,346

    Quote Originally Posted by All In
    The Boys Polar Bear varsity will do good to find an announcer with the team they'll have this season and next, maybe that played into it. St. Pat and Augusta both look to field respectable teams for quite a few years.
    The quality of the team at Bracken has nothing to do with anyone leaving the PA job or timekeeper.It probably has something to do with a lack of appreciation for doing the job for 14 years by the current AD.When you're Middle school people receive certain things for their work and the high school people don't something is wrong with the system.

  6. #21
    Polar Bear Facts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 07
    Location
    Germantown
    Posts
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by Milfordflash
    The quality of the team at Bracken has nothing to do with anyone leaving the PA job or timekeeper.It probably has something to do with a lack of appreciation for doing the job for 14 years by the current AD.When you're Middle school people receive certain things for their work and the high school people don't something is wrong with the system.
    The appreciation from the recent AD's in the Bracken County system has been much better than in years past. Still the reason for the timer and announcer leaving has nothing to do with the AD not showing them appreciation. Sorry, its just not the case!! This thread is crazy, and as I said before the reasons for the departures are due to work and family, nothing to do with respect to or from the AD.
    And by the way I think I should know since I am the former Polar Bear timer who is now employed by Augusta and will be doing their stats this year.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    The secret to basketball and life is "just to do the job to the best of your ability and don't worry about anything else."
    Posts
    4,715

    Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear Facts
    The appreciation from the recent AD's in the Bracken County system has been much better than in years past. Still the reason for the timer and announcer leaving has nothing to do with the AD not showing them appreciation. Sorry, its just not the case!! This thread is crazy, and as I said before the reasons for the departures are due to work and family, nothing to do with respect to or from the AD.
    And by the way I think I should know since I am the former Polar Bear timer who is now employed by Augusta and will be doing their stats this year.
    IMO Augusta may have gotten a good steal. To bad we could not get a two for one deal

  8. #23
    BEARFACTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Parts Un-known
    Posts
    221

    Quote Originally Posted by PRESSROW
    I never imagined that the fact that a PA announcer leaving his job would garner so much attention to bring in 18 post about the subject prior to this message. I can't wait for basketball season to start so the threads will become a little more interesting.
    Oh well, Some are good and some are not.. Dont matter what you put, someone will not be happy. I just know we dont have to have a press pass to find out some info

  9. #24

    I would surely hope you wouldn't need a press pass to find information concerning a PA announcer leaving. No discredit to the PA announcer, but press passes are needed for bigger events that happen, not to find out information about support staff exiting their job at a particular school.

  10. #25
    BEARFACTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Parts Un-known
    Posts
    221

    Quote Originally Posted by PRESSROW
    I would surely hope you wouldn't need a press pass to find information concerning a PA announcer leaving. No discredit to the PA announcer, but press passes are needed for bigger events that happen, not to find out information about support staff exiting their job at a particular school.
    Whatever

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Posts
    2,346

    Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear Facts
    The appreciation from the recent AD's in the Bracken County system has been much better than in years past. Still the reason for the timer and announcer leaving has nothing to do with the AD not showing them appreciation. Sorry, its just not the case!! This thread is crazy, and as I said before the reasons for the departures are due to work and family, nothing to do with respect to or from the AD.
    And by the way I think I should know since I am the former Polar Bear timer who is now employed by Augusta and will be doing their stats this year.
    Are you using the right word in you're post when you say employed by Augusta?I don't think you were employed by Bracken were you?

  12. #27
    Polar Bear Facts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 07
    Location
    Germantown
    Posts
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by Milfordflash
    Are you using the right word in you're post when you say employed by Augusta?I don't think you were employed by Bracken were you?
    Actually yes I was employed by Bracken County. As an academic coach, sub teacher, and as a full time employee to finish last year when a teacher left the district in the middle of the year.
    If you didn't notice my name is Polar Bear "Facts" I think I would know some things about my own employment.

  13. #28
    bigdaddyfromcincinnati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Location
    Northen kentucky
    Posts
    21

    Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear Facts
    Actually yes I was employed by Bracken County. As an academic coach, sub teacher, and as a full time employee to finish last year when a teacher left the district in the middle of the year.
    If you didn't notice my name is Polar Bear "Facts" I think I would know some things about my own employment.
    This now means you are officailly the right hand man for Brian Flaugher. Never get a word in...

  14. #29
    1996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Flemingsburg,Ky
    Posts
    1,267

    Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame JT!!!!!!!




    Love ya bud

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Posts
    2,346

    Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear Facts
    Actually yes I was employed by Bracken County. As an academic coach, sub teacher, and as a full time employee to finish last year when a teacher left the district in the middle of the year.
    If you didn't notice my name is Polar Bear "Facts" I think I would know some things about my own employment.
    I guess I am going to have to ask it this way.We are talking about you're timekeeper job,did you get compensated for you're work when you did that job?

Top