Dixie 53 Boone County 48

Page 3 of To see other action from tonights games: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&l=35b5be0d94 Boone Dixie match up right after the NCC/Ryle pics.... 44 comments | 1676 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    5,159

    Quote Originally Posted by nees1212 View Post
    Pike's defensive effort was great tonight. He beat Brown to the spot almost every time. Very rarely was he able to get position on the box. It got him frustrated late as he threw an elbow towards Pike's groin that wasn't seen by the refs, and then on the next possession, he clotheslined Trammel. I was very surprised an intentional foul was not called. It happened so fast, it was hard to tell if he even made an attempt at the ball. As for the officials, they let the kids play, which I personally like.
    Brown was beating the Dixie bigs in the first half but the second half they did a better job of fronting him and as you said he got a little frustrated when he couldn't get the ball late.
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    May 09
    Posts
    1,148

    Quote Originally Posted by EZ Living View Post
    Brown was beating the Dixie bigs in the first half but the second half they did a better job of fronting him and as you said he got a little frustrated when he couldn't get the ball late.
    He had 7 points the entire game.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    May 09
    Posts
    1,148

    Dixie Heights (28-3) - Pike 5 5 15, Hatton 5 2 14, Stansberry 4 1 9, Hassel 2 1 7, Trammel 2 1 6, Evans 1 0 2. Totals: 19 10 53.

    Boone County (21-11) - Downs 4 5 15, Stanley 4 1 13, Brown 3 1 7, McQueary 3 0 6, Crabtree 1 1 3. Totals 16 11 48.

    [chart]
    |Dixie Heights|17|10|10|16| -53|
    |Boone County|14|6|10|18| -48|
    [end chart]
    3-pointers: D 5 (Hassel, Hatton 2, Trammel). B 5 (Stanley 3, Downs 2).

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    11,255

    Quote Originally Posted by EZ Living View Post
    Brown was beating the Dixie bigs in the first half but the second half they did a better job of fronting him and as you said he got a little frustrated when he couldn't get the ball late.
    No. No he wasn't. As Solomon stated, he had 7 points the entire night. Pike and Stansberry had him under control from the opening tip. He didn't get his first rebound of the night until the second quarter I believe.

  5. #35
    paNDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    Hebron
    Posts
    6,879

    Who are the seniors on this Dixie team?

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    11,104

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveTheGame33 View Post
    Give me a break! Brown and Pike played aggressive all night with each other and still were best of friends after the game. Don't try to make it sound like dirty play. Trammels drive down the middle was a foul, but definitely not intent to harm. Even you yourself said you could not see if an attempt at the ball was made, so why make such a bogus post? Dixie played an excellent game tonight and deserved the win. I'm sure if it was an intentional clothesline one of the 3 refs would have made the call.
    The elbow Brown threw was dirty and intentional. If you were sitting on the same side as the benches, you couldn't see it as their backs were toward you. Everyone in our section saw it. The very next possession, he leveled Trammel. As I said, it happened so fast, it was hard to tell if it was intentional or not. Even the refs met to discuss. Going off his actions on the previous play, it was a frustration foul. It was fun watching the two play all night. It just so happened the Pike was able to get the best of him.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    11,104

    Quote Originally Posted by paNDA View Post
    Who are the seniors on this Dixie team?
    Muntis and Trammel are the main two, and there is a 3rd that I can't recall.

  8. #38
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    34,257

    Quote Originally Posted by paNDA View Post
    Who are the seniors on this Dixie team?
    Trammel is a senior and I believe Hassel is a senior. If Pike plays basketball next year, Dixie will be the pre season favorite again. Without him they will still be very good because of Hatton and Stansberry. You can build a solid team around those two.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    261

    Quote Originally Posted by paNDA View Post
    Who are the seniors on this Dixie team?
    Trammel, Munits and Armbruster(hasnt played due to injury).

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    Quote Originally Posted by nees1212 View Post
    The elbow Brown threw was dirty and intentional. If you were sitting on the same side as the benches, you couldn't see it as their backs were toward you. Everyone in our section saw it. The very next possession, he leveled Trammel. As I said, it happened so fast, it was hard to tell if it was intentional or not. Even the refs met to discuss. Going off his actions on the previous play, it was a frustration foul. It was fun watching the two play all night. It just so happened the Pike was able to get the best of him.
    Only speaking to the hard foul on Trammel, I honestly thought the refs got it right. It was a very hard foul, but Brown is a big, strong kid. He did not use both arms which imo would have made it an intentional. The foul needed to be hard to make sure there was no AND1. He was going for the ball and the neck was not involved. Just a good, clean hard foul that looked bad due to the force which Trammel hit the floor. I was very happy to see Trammel get up and play on. I was holding my breath for a second there. Hope he is ok for today's game.

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    11,104

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    Only speaking to the hard foul on Trammel, I honestly thought the refs got it right. It was a very hard foul, but Brown is a big, strong kid. He did not use both arms which imo would have made it an intentional. The foul needed to be hard to make sure there was no AND1. He was going for the ball and the neck was not involved. Just a good, clean hard foul that looked bad due to the force which Trammel hit the floor. I was very happy to see Trammel get up and play on. I was holding my breath for a second there. Hope he is ok for today's game.
    Yeah, it happened so fast it was hard to tell. It was nice to see the refs talk about it to make sure they got it right.

  12. #42
    paNDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    Hebron
    Posts
    6,879

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    Only speaking to the hard foul on Trammel, I honestly thought the refs got it right. It was a very hard foul, but Brown is a big, strong kid. He did not use both arms which imo would have made it an intentional. The foul needed to be hard to make sure there was no AND1. He was going for the ball and the neck was not involved. Just a good, clean hard foul that looked bad due to the force which Trammel hit the floor. I was very happy to see Trammel get up and play on. I was holding my breath for a second there. Hope he is ok for today's game.
    Name:  IMG_2529.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  45.4 KB

    Hard foul, yes but his arm is open and not dragging him down. No intent to hurt in my opinion. Glad he continued play and the game went on.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    5,159

    Quote Originally Posted by nkuclubbaseball19 View Post
    No. No he wasn't. As Solomon stated, he had 7 points the entire night. Pike and Stansberry had him under control from the opening tip. He didn't get his first rebound of the night until the second quarter I believe.
    Nobody said he went off on them the first half. I said he was beating them and getting the ball. They did a good job of keeping him from scoring once he got the ball. The second half he couldn'g even get the ball because they fronted him very well.

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    585

    Quote Originally Posted by paNDA View Post
    Name:  IMG_2529.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  45.4 KB

    Hard foul, yes but his arm is open and not dragging him down. No intent to hurt in my opinion. Glad he continued play and the game went on.
    Thank you paNDA, your wonderful shots have once again proven that people can often get carried away with what they see.

  15. #45
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    34,257

    Quote Originally Posted by paNDA View Post
    Name:  IMG_2529.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  45.4 KB

    Hard foul, yes but his arm is open and not dragging him down. No intent to hurt in my opinion. Glad he continued play and the game went on.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveTheGame33 View Post
    Thank you paNDA, your wonderful shots have once again proven that people can often get carried away with what they see.
    Yes, and more proof why you should take comments on here by people knocking refs with a grain of salt. Emotions affect judgment and most fans have too much emotion about their team to give an unbiased opinion. I have been there many times myself so I know of what I speak.

Top