Darius Miller will attend......

Page 4 of Originally Posted by Milfordflash That was a refreshing change from rocky top I would think. Id say after this year rocky top will fade away with the s... 53 comments | 3156 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    1996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Flemingsburg,Ky
    Posts
    1,267

    Some coaches would be really disapointed that they did not get Lofton.

    Your argument is proving my point.
    Advertisement

  2. #47

    Join Date
    Feb 07
    Posts
    382

    Quote Originally Posted by 1996
    You stated that miller could be one of the best players to come out of the state since Rex Chapman. This is absolutely ridiculous to make that comparison. As far as the others are concerned, 2 of them played in the pre-Internet era and did not receive the exposure that Miller is getting today. Just because a player is not ranked high coming out of high school does not necessarily mean they are not going to be good players. You can take all of that potential stuff stick it. I base my opinions on how the players actually perform. Does the name Felipe Lopez ring a bell to you.
    You have got to be COMPLTELY out of your mind and clearly dont understand talent when you see it. I would if I thought you had any basketball sense at all ask you to name me 10 players since Chapman and Houston that had more upside than Miller, but I WILL NOT because you are CLUELESS CLEARLY

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Feb 07
    Posts
    382

    Quote Originally Posted by 1996
    Some coaches would be really disapointed that they did not get Lofton.

    Your argument is proving my point.
    Lofton is clearly an excellent college player, but Miller is 4 or 5 inches taller MORE athletic and can do many more things than Lofton such as guard a wide variety of players, rebound, block shots, handle the ball, shoot, and pass. I dont want to tear down Lofton because I truly do like him and his game, but to not have enough brains to see that miller has more upside is just mind boggling to me. what are you Lofton's uncle or something????

  4. #49
    1996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Flemingsburg,Ky
    Posts
    1,267

    It seems i turned you on to Houston. I will venture to say that Hopson is right there with Miller. I watch Darius play alot and he's a really good player, but can't sit there with a straight face and tell me he is a better ball player thatn Lofton. I don't care about upside. If you are so sure of your opinions then submit a pole to find out who all the BGP'ers think are the best players to come out of Kentucky since Chapman. I get credit for Houston even though you probably won't admit that you completely forgot about one the best ever.

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Feb 07
    Posts
    382

    Quote Originally Posted by 1996
    It seems i turned you on to Houston. I will venture to say that Hopson is right there with Miller. I watch Darius play alot and he's a really good player, but can't sit there with a straight face and tell me he is a better ball player thatn Lofton. I don't care about upside. If you are so sure of your opinions then submit a pole to find out who all the BGP'ers think are the best players to come out of Kentucky since Chapman. I get credit for Houston even though you probably won't admit that you completely forgot about one the best ever.
    First, Hopson has just as much physical talent as Miller, but evidently has maybe a little attitude/work ethic issue or a lot more top teams would want him. Second, I am not saying Miller is a better player than Lofton right now at this moment in time, what I am saying is that anyone that understands basketball can see that Miller without a doubt has more of an upside as a basketball player than Lofton and I would bet the top 20 coaches in America would agree with me. 3rd, I will give you Alan Houston, IMO he was actually better than Chapman

  6. #51

    Join Date
    Feb 07
    Posts
    382

    Quote Originally Posted by 1996
    It seems i turned you on to Houston. I will venture to say that Hopson is right there with Miller. I watch Darius play alot and he's a really good player, but can't sit there with a straight face and tell me he is a better ball player thatn Lofton. I don't care about upside. If you are so sure of your opinions then submit a pole to find out who all the BGP'ers think are the best players to come out of Kentucky since Chapman. I get credit for Houston even though you probably won't admit that you completely forgot about one the best ever.
    To say you dont care about upside is a good clue that you are pretty clueless

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    363

    Quote Originally Posted by Old School Dr.
    Lofton is clearly an excellent college player, but Miller is 4 or 5 inches taller MORE athletic and can do many more things than Lofton such as guard a wide variety of players, rebound, block shots, handle the ball, shoot, and pass. I dont want to tear down Lofton because I truly do like him and his game, but to not have enough brains to see that miller has more upside is just mind boggling to me. what are you Lofton's uncle or something????
    You are quite right about Darius being compared to Chris in attributes you mentioned. But in the last second with a tie or behind a point in a big game Lofton was/is uncanny. I have watched a lot of basketball and havent seen anyone similar to Loften in pressure situations. Both are great talents and fine young men. I just hope Darius has some of Chris' late game heroics in him this year as they will be needed given the Royals schedule.

  8. #53

    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Posts
    56

    Miller is a good player with a bunch of upside potential. That being said, it remains to be seen if he has the determination and heart to succeed on the college level the way Chris Lofton has. I suspect Miller will never be better than the 3rd best player on any team. He did make the right decision for him in not going to Tennessee. He would have always lived in Lofton's shadow and the comparisons would have been non-stop. Since he's going to the SEC there will probably continue to be comparisons.

  9. #54
    EHS #5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Location
    Evarts
    Posts
    89

    Congrats Darius.

Top