Covington Catholic 59 Highlands 54 (9th Region Finals)

Page 2 of Cov Cath handled business in the first 3 quarters and the Birds come back from a 13 point deficit in the 4th quarter to bring it within 2. Colonels pul... 48 comments | 8799 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Dec 18
    Posts
    138

    Quote Originally Posted by REALSPORT View Post
    Vinson was easily the best player on the court tonight. Future is bright for that young man.
    I’m curious what this young man’s ceiling is. His work ethic, attitude, and on court game awareness are second to none in NKY. I know he has already secured an offer from NKU, be fun to see what follows after the summer.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Runcible Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 17
    Location
    Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?
    Posts
    2,516

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTEA View Post
    No Gavin Rabe?
    If I missed Mr. Rabe, my apologies. I posted only what I heard from the PA announcer in the background of the audio stream. Every team in the tournament typically has at least one player on the list.

    Was Gavin named?

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 19
    Posts
    37

    Sam Vinson is the most fun I’ve had watching a player in a very long time. He will be making money playing basketball one day.

  4. #19
    LoudenSwain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 19
    Posts
    131

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    Neil Green is the 9th Region Tournament MVP.
    He has been all year IMO. Best player on that team!

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    10,454

    Quote Originally Posted by Runcible Owl View Post
    If I missed Mr. Rabe, my apologies. I posted only what I heard from the PA announcer in the background of the audio stream. Every team in the tournament typically has at least one player on the list.

    Was Gavin named?
    Yes. First name called.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 18
    Posts
    22

    Anyone know why the junior Stocks for Cov Cath didn’t get much action in the second half?

  7. #22
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    45,380

    Quote Originally Posted by shoella View Post
    Anyone know why the junior Stocks for Cov Cath didn’t get much action in the second half?
    I didn't look at any stat sheets as far as game time goes, but I know he was in early foul trouble. Might have had to do with it.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    10,454

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    I didn't look at any stat sheets as far as game time goes, but I know he was in early foul trouble. Might have had to do with it.
    Moser was having a good game too. Knocked down two big 3 pointers in the 2nd quarter. I think they rotate in and out for each other.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    10,454

    Quote Originally Posted by Runcible Owl View Post
    2020 9th Region All-tournament Team

    Gavin Rabe, Cooper
    DaeShawn White, Newport
    Cole Busald, Beechwood
    Kiernan Geraci, Dixie Heights
    Wyatt Vieth, St. Henry
    Connor Shea, St. Henry
    Jalen Scott, Conner
    Jared Hicks, Conner
    Sam Vinson, Highlands
    Hunter Ahlfeld, Highlands
    Grant Disken, Covington Catholic
    Noah Hupmann, Covington Catholic
    Neil Green, Covington Catholic - MVP
    Happy for Hupmann. The big guy was a difference maker tonight!

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Oct 19
    Posts
    154

    Here come the Colonels! Now Moser. Now Green. Now Diskin. And new guys..come prelims and Male On SATURDAY NIGHT!

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,773

    Says a lot for a TEAM when the 9th Region MVP has 0 points at Half, and really couldn’t buy a shot tonight and they still gutted out a win against a viable opponent. That was a fun game to be at, and the intensity of the game was the best I’ve seen in awhile.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,773

    8 straight Regional Finals for the Colonels and 5 titles in 7 years-not bad.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,773

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesport View Post
    8 straight Regional Finals for the Colonels and 5 titles in 7 years-not bad.
    Back in 2015 a non-CCH poster started a thread something along the lines of if CCH was on the verge of becoming the greatest NKY Basketball Dynasty Ecer.

    I can’t speak for others but facts are facts:

    8 Straight 9TH Regional Championship Games
    5 out of the last 7 9TH Region Champs
    2 State Titles
    3 State Final 4’s

    That seems to stack up to me. If I am missing something let me know, but these are nothing but facts.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Jan 19
    Posts
    37

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesport View Post
    Says a lot for a TEAM when the 9th Region MVP has 0 points at Half, and really couldn’t buy a shot tonight and they still gutted out a win against a viable opponent. That was a fun game to be at, and the intensity of the game was the best I’ve seen in awhile.
    I think you could argue Sam Vinson deserved 9th region MVP. They rarely ever give it to a player on the losing team but when you look up the true definition of valuable Vinson definitely fits that. Take Vinson off of Highlands where are they? Take Green off of CCH where are they? Just a thought. Congrats to Cov Cath!

  15. #30

    Join Date
    May 13
    Posts
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by shoella View Post
    Anyone know why the junior Stocks for Cov Cath didn’t get much action in the second half?
    Didnt play much in the semi-final either. Wonder what's up there?

    Albeit, I saw a bunch of people on here mention him in the beginning of the year as a D1 talent, and the next big thing at CCH, but haven't heard much about him lately. Hope the young man is okay.

Top