Big news out of the 16th Region ...

Page 3 of I suppose you can "consider" anyone. Pitino, Tubby, etc., the question is are they available? Perhaps a Louisville alum? Advertisement Jul 6,... 217 comments | 11986 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    UKCATSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Please bring in Calipari!!
    Posts
    1,747

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc
    If I know Tim, there's another opening he'd refer them to.

    That is Classic!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely the funniest thing I've ever seen on BGP. Just classic!
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    Rickyp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    I wish they could all be California boys!!!!!!!
    Posts
    4,033

    Head coach from Pendleton Co. is the most prevalent rumor.

    I am officially withdrawing my name from consideration. If Tim Fraley name isn't a big enough then mine sure isn't.

    By the way I think Ashland will regret losing Coach Flynn. Speaking from experience he is difficult to prepare for come tournament time. Given my Rose Hill ties I am glad to see him go but it is a loss for our area. I wish him the best, he was nothing but a class act during his tenure at Ashland.

  3. #33
    Frances Bavier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    Mount Pilot
    Posts
    6,854

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickyp
    ... I am officially withdrawing my name from consideration....
    Shoot. Count me out too. Heck RickyP - I guess it wasn't meant to be for either of us.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rickyp
    By the way I think Ashland will regret losing Coach Flynn. Speaking from experience he is difficult to prepare for come tournament time. Given my Rose Hill ties I am glad to see him go but it is a loss for our area. I wish him the best, he was nothing but a class act during his tenure at Ashland.
    That's a class response, RickyP. Class.


    Frances

  4. #34
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,605

    Is GodIsATomcat heading up the search committee?
    Last edited by LRCW; Jul 7, 06 at 08:32 AM.

  5. #35
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,388

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW
    Is GodIsATomcat heading up the search committee?
    Is there not a search committee looking for Is GodIsATomcat
    Last edited by LRCW; Jul 7, 06 at 08:33 AM.

  6. #36
    YAKOFNORWEGIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04
    Location
    In the passing lane
    Posts
    884

    Is there a required time period for the job to be posted? I noticed in other coaching changes there was a certain amount of time for notice. 30 days? What are the rules?

  7. #37
    Frances Bavier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    Mount Pilot
    Posts
    6,854

    Quote Originally Posted by YAKOFNORWEGIA
    Is there a required time period for the job to be posted? I noticed in other coaching changes there was a certain amount of time for notice. 30 days? What are the rules?
    I believe they will post the position with the KHSAA. Not sure if it's a rule, but I believe that is the common procedure.


    On a side note, I have to ask - what is a Norwegian Yak doing in Tibet? Vacation?


    Frances

  8. #38
    YAKOFNORWEGIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04
    Location
    In the passing lane
    Posts
    884

    The Yak ended up in Norwegia through a psuedo-cult experience that I had in college. A group of self-proclaimed athletes needed an identity that was original and one creative member chose the name. Believe it or not there are other yaks on this board and there are even little yaks loose in the Ashland Area. This is a secretive Society, so secret that I probably couldn't tell you where all the yaks are today. Most I believe migrated to the Cincinnati area. If you would happen to be at a field or gym and notice an odd sort of cheering motion, convulsion, whatever, it could be a yak. Have no fear however, they are harmless for the most part, but have been known to "stand their ground" if provoked. How was that for a whole lot of nothing?

  9. #39
    Frances Bavier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    Mount Pilot
    Posts
    6,854

    Quote Originally Posted by YAKOFNORWEGIA
    The Yak ended up in Norwegia through a psuedo-cult experience that I had in college. A group of self-proclaimed athletes needed an identity that was original and one creative member chose the name. Believe it or not there are other yaks on this board and there are even little yaks loose in the Ashland Area. This is a secretive Society, so secret that I probably couldn't tell you where all the yaks are today. Most I believe migrated to the Cincinnati area. If you would happen to be at a field or gym and notice an odd sort of cheering motion, convulsion, whatever, it could be a yak. Have no fear however, they are harmless for the most part, but have been known to "stand their ground" if provoked. How was that for a whole lot of nothing?
    Reminds me of a co-ed softball team I played on.
    The team name was:
    Safe As Milk

    We got more than a few comments on that name, and some of them were usable in mixed company - most weren't.

    I feel your pain (or pride, as the case may be).


    Frances

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Jun 04
    Posts
    14

    From a reliable source of mine a Rose Hill package has been offered.

  11. #41
    BR549's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    Junior Sample's Used Car Lot
    Posts
    111

    Quote Originally Posted by CAMALOT
    From a reliable source of mine a Rose Hill package has been offered.
    Remember,,,even infections have a source! I'd be sure to check the source!

  12. #42
    Rickyp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    I wish they could all be California boys!!!!!!!
    Posts
    4,033

    Quote Originally Posted by CAMALOT
    From a reliable source of mine a Rose Hill package has been offered.
    Pam is not interested. She wants to coach girls. End of story.

  13. #43
    YAKOFNORWEGIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04
    Location
    In the passing lane
    Posts
    884

    Frances,
    You are always so intuitive. During a session the author of the name might have been a little tipsy and felt like the Yak should hail from Norwegia. That is the past. Stories I hope that little yaks never hear. I am interested in who will take the position because hopefully the yaklets will become players.

  14. #44
    Frances Bavier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    Mount Pilot
    Posts
    6,854

    Quote Originally Posted by YAKOFNORWEGIA
    Frances,
    You are always so intuitive. During a session the author of the name might have been a little tipsy and felt like the Yak should hail from Norwegia. That is the past. Stories I hope that little yaks never hear. I am interested in who will take the position because hopefully the yaklets will become players.
    A fine goal, for young yaks everywhere ...

    As for the stories that young yak ears should be shielded from, we all have items in our closet that we hope never see the light of day.


    Frances

  15. #45
    YAKOFNORWEGIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04
    Location
    In the passing lane
    Posts
    884

    So true, so true. I believe there's a song that says "promise me son not to do things I've done."

Top