9th Region in boys BB in 2011

Page 5 of Apparently Dixie isnt done with their offseason acquisitions. Not only will Zach McCormick likely transfer per Kurt Stubbs of Ohio Hoops Report but in ... 68 comments | 5301 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    19,923

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    Didn't know it was a Dixie thread, thought it was about 2011 9th Region BB in general. Sorry to threadjack.
    Seems like it should be more of a Dixie thread than Cov Cath. However it is a 9th region BB thread, and with Dixie as the seemingly consensus favorite, the question remains. Who in the 9th region gives Dixie a legitimate run for their money?
    Advertisement

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    Quote Originally Posted by malachicrunch View Post
    Seems like it should be more of a Dixie thread than Cov Cath. However it is a 9th region BB thread, and with Dixie as the seemingly consensus favorite, the question remains. Who in the 9th region gives Dixie a legitimate run for their money?
    I honestly think the only thing that beats Dixie is themselves. It will take tremendous guard play to defeat them and I'm not sure anyone has the guard play to keep up with them.

  3. #63
    Flotsam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    In the BGP Dugout Doling Out Hitting Advice
    Posts
    6,147

    If next year's Dixie team consists only of underclassman on the 2010-2011 team, they will be the overwhelming favorite to repeat as 9th Region champs. If they add a few players .

    I have some Dixie alum friends who were poking at me about the anticipated influx of prep school type talent to Park Hills. I just don't see it happening. If you think the parent flack was heavy in the past, wait until a sophmore or junior who has been in the Cov. Cath. b'ball pipeline since playing in the grade school leagues loses playing time (or a roster spot) to a transfer who needs MapQuest to find the gym.

  4. #64
    fullcourt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Posts
    570

    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam View Post
    If next year's Dixie team consists only of underclassman on the 2010-2011 team, they will be the overwhelming favorite to repeat as 9th Region champs. If they add a few players .

    I have some Dixie alum friends who were poking at me about the anticipated influx of prep school type talent to Park Hills. I just don't see it happening. If you think the parent flack was heavy in the past, wait until a sophmore or junior who has been in the Cov. Cath. b'ball pipeline since playing in the grade school leagues loses playing time (or a roster spot) to a transfer who needs MapQuest to find the gym.
    I too am waiting for that scenario to unfold!

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Feb 09
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,453

    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam View Post
    If next year's Dixie team consists only of underclassman on the 2010-2011 team, they will be the overwhelming favorite to repeat as 9th Region champs. If they add a few players .

    I have some Dixie alum friends who were poking at me about the anticipated influx of prep school type talent to Park Hills. I just don't see it happening. If you think the parent flack was heavy in the past, wait until a sophmore or junior who has been in the Cov. Cath. b'ball pipeline since playing in the grade school leagues loses playing time (or a roster spot) to a transfer who needs MapQuest to find the gym.
    It is funny to me, but it seems like the people who talk about this and seem to think it will happen, are the furthest from the Cov Cath program. I have not talked to one person close to the program who has told me that this was a goal of the new coach, nor the program.

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Posts
    12

    I think this is the single funniest quote I have seen on BGP. LOL

  7. #67
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    Dixie will be good next year even if they don't get any new kids.

    But let's be careful to say Dixie won't lose a game next yr if indeed they get these transfers because if they don't go undefeated and win the district, region and the state, then the predictors will have major egg on their face.

    IMO: There will be teams in the 9th next yr who will give Dixie a run for it whether Dixie is the same team as last yr or this new proclaimed super team with transfers.

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger1 View Post
    Dixie will be good next year even if they don't get any new kids.

    But let's be careful to say Dixie won't lose a game next yr if indeed they get these transfers because if they don't go undefeated and win the district, region and the state, then the predictors will have major egg on their face.

    IMO: There will be teams in the 9th next yr who will give Dixie a run for it whether Dixie is the same team as last yr or this new proclaimed super team with transfers.
    Teams please??

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Ft. Mitchell Ky
    Posts
    21,150

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    I did send an email to a coach. Your point?

    What you failed to mention though was that one of the players mentioned just so happens to be the younger brother of someone I went to high school with, but am also still good friends with to this day.

    You and sportsguy (who has asked for my help in the past to "get" a few players on his AAU team...funny how that works, huh?) can bash my info and take personal shots at me all you want but I have a lot more inside info than you think. Unlike others in this thread, I stated a fact that no new players had enrolled at Dixie. Is that not true? I'd assume you'd know since you seem to know it all.

    The one player that was mentioned as supposedly transferring in by Q, was actually a student at Dixie all year but didn't play basketball. Thanks for playing though.
    That is a lie! When one claims they can help someone by begin a cousin of the head coach, and it turns out that is not true, then said person did not help at all!

Top