2015 Joe B Hall KY Prep Classic

Page 5 of 25th Annual Joe B. Hall / Kentucky Prep Classic (Sat.) January 24th , 2015 MCHS Events Center / Mt. Sterling, Kentucky Featured Games Lincoln Co. (12th... 74 comments | 9348 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61
    OpieTaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Mayberry
    Posts
    1,574

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Note to showcase schedulers/planners. Please check with All In on starting times, and don' bother scheduling Trinity, Holmes, Lincoln County or Campbell County.













    .....and the price of admission.
    Advertisement

  2. #62
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,787

    I wish these could have been played but Mother Nature had other plans. It was an opportunity to see where some of these teams stood in the state ratings against good competition. Being from the mountains I was particularly interested in Knott County Central and how they managed the speed and athleticism of Hoptown. Imo they would have won that game.

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    7,275

    I went to this the year PCC was in it, along with Mason County. Has it been cancelled or rescheduled the last 2 years? Great place for this event, having a Cracker Barrel close doesn't hurt either.

  4. #64
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    62,037

    Quote Originally Posted by OpieTaylor View Post
    .....and the price of admission.
    A glaring oversight on my part. My profound apologies.

  5. #65
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    62,037

    Quote Originally Posted by OpieTaylor View Post
    .....and the price of admission.
    And the cost of parking.

  6. #66
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    62,037

    Quote Originally Posted by All In View Post
    I went to this the year PCC was in it, along with Mason County. Has it been cancelled or rescheduled the last 2 years? Great place for this event, having a Cracker Barrel close doesn't hurt either.
    We ALWAYS go to Melini's when we're in Mount Sterling.

  7. #67
    OpieTaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Mayberry
    Posts
    1,574

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    And the cost of parking.
    Actually where would it ever end: fuel, depreciation of vehicle, mental anguish of trying to budget, etc, etc.

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    7,275

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    We ALWAYS go to Melini's when we're in Mount Sterling.
    Been there as well, kind of a high scale Pasquales if I remember, of course who I was with bought.

  9. #69
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    62,037

    Quote Originally Posted by All In View Post
    Been there as well, kind of a high scale Pasquales if I remember, of course who I was with bought.
    Locations also in Grayson, Morehead, Ironton and Louisa. Great food. They looked into opening in Maysville but said they couldn't find a place with reasonable rent.

    I naturally assumed that you were their negotiator.

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    7,275

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Locations also in Grayson, Morehead, Ironton and Louisa. Great food. They looked into opening in Maysville but said they couldn't find a place with reasonable rent.

    I naturally assumed that you were their negotiator.
    Would love to see them come to or Pasquales move out on Tucker Drive in one of those empty buildings or spaces

  11. #71

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by All In View Post
    Would love to see them come to or Pasquales move out on Tucker Drive in one of those empty buildings or spaces
    I did hear through the grapevine that Pasquale's is looking for a larger space on the hill.

  12. #72
    KYBleacherButt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    189

    Last year it was originally scheduled for Saturday 1/25 with five games (first tip at 1:30 and last at 8:30). It was rescheduled for Sunday 2/9 with four games (first tip at 1:00 and last at 5:30). An optimistic 90 minutes per game obviously. 8 of the 10 teams played with a couple matchups getting changed for one reason or another.

    My guess is something like that is worked out again. They'll probably try to get as many teams as they can to play on Sunday 2/8 or 2/15. 2/8 would make more sense but looking at Montgomery County's schedule they play on 2/6, 2/7, and 2/9 already so they may not want to play four straight days. That is the only schedule I looked at though, didn't bother with the others.

  13. #73

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    7,275

    Any word on rescheduling?

  14. #74

    Join Date
    Jun 13
    Posts
    667

    Unfortunately too many scheduling conflicts so it has been cancelled.

  15. #75
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,402

    Quote Originally Posted by citycat View Post
    Unfortunately too many scheduling conflicts so it has been cancelled.
    Thanks for the info.

Top