1) Hazard (22-5): The Bulldogs had they're 5 game win streak snapped last week when they fell to North Laurel 63-60 in overtime. The Bulldogs will have two games left in the regular season this coming week as they will host both Letcher County Central on Tuesday and Estill County on Friday.
2) Perry County Central (11-14): After having a rough start to the season, the Commodores have been really hot as of late winning 2 in a row and 7 of they're last 8 games. Can they keep the momentum going the last week of the regular season? Monday at Clay County, Tuesday vs. Southwestern and Friday at Bell County.
3) Knott County Central (17-8): The Patriots have hit a snag at the wrong time, losing 3 in a row and 4 of they're last 5 games. They had played great most of the season up until here lately. Can the Patriots get things turned around pretty quickly? Region tournament is in about 3 weeks. The Patriots will be home on Tuesday night hosting Knox Central in the final regular season game.
4) Wolfe County (17-8): The Wolves have dropped two of they're last 3 games. The win came in blowout fashion against Powell County 71-44. Before that, the Wolves had won 3 in a row. The Wolves will be at home for the final week in the regular season, hosting both Oneida Baptist Institute on Tuesday and Sayre on Friday.
5) Buckhorn (14-14): Since they're big upset win over Estill County back at the end of January, the Wildcats have won 2 in a row and 5 of they're last 7 games. The Wildcats will travel to Leslie County on Monday. Buckhorn defeated Leslie County 81-72 in overtime earlier in the season. Buckhorn will end the season at home on Tuesday, hosting Owsley County. Buckhorn edged out Owsley County 65-64 in overtime just a few days ago.
6) Estill County (18-9): The Engineers hit a snag at the end of January and it carried over part of February but the Engineers have won 2 straight and 3 of they're last 4 games. Estill County will be on the road to finish out the regular season. Monday at Lee County, Tuesday at Menifee County and Friday at Hazard.
7) Breathitt County (10-14): The Bobcats dropped they're only game last week, 65-63 to Leslie County. That loss makes 2 in a row. Breathitt County will be at Cordia on Monday and at home the rest of the week, hosting Wellspring Guardians Home School on Tuesday and Newport on Friday.
8) Cordia (10-14): The struggles continue for Cordia. The Lions have now lost 4 of they're last 6 games. That could continue with this week's schedule. Monday vs. Breathitt County, Tuesday vs. Harlan County and Friday at Southwestern.
9) Leslie County (11-15): The Eagles are another team that is having to deal with struggles. Leslie County has lost 3 of they're last 5 games. Some of those losses could have been wins as they have played several region opponents very closely including the top team in the region, Hazard. Leslie County will travel to Buckhorn on Monday and host Williamsburg on Friday.
10) Letcher County Central (5-18): Letcher County Central is now losers of 6 of they're last 7 games. This week doesn't appear to be any easier but I do expect them to get atleast one more win this season. Tuesday at Hazard, Wednesday at Jenkins.
11) Owsley County (10-13): Owsley County has now lost 7 of they're last 9 games. They have only won 1 game in February. That's not good if your Owsley County nor an Owl fan.
12) Jackson City (13-13): The Tigers are now winners of 4 straight. Can they add to that this week? Thursday at Owsley County and Friday at home vs. Nicholas County.
13) Powell County (5-18): The reining defending 56th district champions have fallen off completely this season having only won 5 games. They have currently lost 3 straight and 5 of they're last 6 games.
14) Lee County (6-20): With they're loss to Estill County last week, that snapped a two game win streak for the Bobcats. With that loss, the Bobcats have now lost 5 of they're last 7 games.
15) June Buchanan (2-18): June Buchanan defeated Frankfort Christian last week to snap a 10 game losing streak.