1) Hazard (9-2): The Bulldogs had the week off last week and won't return to action until Wednesday night when they will host the winner of Wolfe County and Owsley County in the 14th Region All "A" Classic. Hazard is likely to face Wolfe County but never count out Owsley County.
2) Knott County Central (9-3): Knott County Central won they're only game of the week defeating Martin County 59-53 in a barn burner. The Patriots will host June Buchanan in the first round of the 14th Region All "A" Classic on Monday (Tomorrow) and if they win, they will play Lee County on Wednesday. The Patriots will host St. Joseph Central (Ironton) OH on Friday night. They will play in the semi-finals and championship of the 14th Region All "A" Classic on Saturday and Sunday, if they win their first game and every game from their on out.
3) Wolfe County (10-2): The Wolves welcomed in Lynn Camp who made the trip all the way up to Campton last week. Wolfe County was riding a three game win streak coming into the game and they looked to continue they're win streak and continue it they did as they defeated the Wildcats 70-61. The Wolves will host Owsley County on Monday (Tomorrow) in the first round of the 14th Region All "A" Classic and if they win, then we will see what they are made of when they will take on Hazard, the #1 team in the region.
4) Estill County (10-4): Estill County made the trip over to Stanton to take on the Pirates on Friday and it was a great drive for Estill and a nightmare that Powell County would like to forget as the Engineers steamrolled the Pirates 65-34. With only one game on the schedule this week, Estill County will be on the road on Friday as they travel to Versailles to take on Woodford County.
5) Cordia (6-9): Cordia's woes continue. The Lions came into last week having gone 1-3 in their last 4 games. That grew to 1-4 in their last 5 games with the 88-63 blowout loss to Corbin on Saturday. Cordia will have a chance to turn things around this week as they will participate in the 14th Region All "A" Classic where they will play the winner of Leslie County and Breathitt County on Wednesday.
6) Perry County Central (4-9): Like most teams, the Commodores had just one game last week and it was a big one as they would pick up a 78-65 win over Breathitt County. Could this be the start of a turnaround for the Commodores? They have Knox Central Monday (Tomorrow) and Harlan County on Thursday. Both at home.
7) Breathitt County (4-7): The Bobcats seen they're 3 game win streak come to an end last week when they fell in both of they're games. 78-65 to Perry County Central and 68-59 to Grant County. Breathitt County will look to get back on track this week when they participate in the 14th Region All "A" Classic. They open up with Leslie County on Monday (Tomorrow). If they win, they will play Cordia in the second round.
8) Buckhorn (5-7): Buckhorn lost they're second consecutive game, falling 54-41 to Russell County in the Raymond Reed Classic at South Laurel. The Wildcats will play Jackson City on Monday (Tomorrow) in the first round of the 14th Region All "A" Classic. If they win, they will play in the semi-finals against either Knott County Central, June Buchanan or Lee County. 9) Owsley County (5-5): The Owls picked up they're second straight win, defeating Lee County 79-62. Owsley County has now won 4 of they're last 5 games. Can the streak continue this week? They play Wolfe County on Monday (Tomorrow) in the first round of the 14th Region All "A "Classic.
10) Leslie County (4-8): After a rough start to the season, the Eagles have rallied for 3 straight wins. Two of those wins coming last week and against region opponents, defeating Letcher County Central 67-66 and they got revenge on Powell County from an earlier loss, defeating the Pirates in the rematch, 60-44.
11) Jackson City (5-8): The Tigers have now lost 6 of their last 7, including a current 3 game losing streak. Despite the bad luck the Tigers currently have, they did take part in the Hoosier Gym Classic in Knightstown IN, the site where the movie "Hoosiers" was filmed. That was pretty cool.
12) Letcher County Central (3-8): The Cougars have countered they're two game win streak with a two game losing streak, losing both games last week, 67-66 to Leslie County and Greenup County 65-54 in the Hoosier Gym Classic in Knightstown IN.
13) Powell County (3-8): The woes continue for Powell County as they've lost 4 of they're last 5 including a painful 31 point loss to district foe, Estill County 65-34. That's a game they'd like to forget.
14) Lee County (2-9): The Woes continue for Lee County as they have now lost 5 straight including last week's 79-62 loss to district foe, Owsley County.
15) June Buchanan (0-6): June Buchanan's losing streak has reached 6 straight with last week's 69-45 loss to Danville Christian.