Teams without head coaches as of now

Page 2 of Originally Posted by akw4572 Hamilton Joe, have you applied? If not you should. I think the players deserve someone as well schooled as you are. You kn... 57 comments | 4011 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    a N.K.Y town
    Posts
    107

    Quote Originally Posted by STRIKE3 View Post
    Isn't Ludlow looking for a coach, or has that position been filled?
    As Of Now This Position Has Not Been Filled.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Ludlow, Ky.
    Posts
    1,483

    The position at Ludlow hasn't "officially" been filled. Many have applied, but IMO it's a done deal that Highfield will be the coach.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    They better vote me in this time and not Dizzy Dean or Tony Kubek
    Posts
    1,054

    Quote Originally Posted by pnthr4life View Post
    The position at Ludlow hasn't "officially" been filled. Many have applied, but IMO it's a done deal that Highfield will be the coach.
    I guess this is another case of how you suggested in another thread that "they tend to do things a bit different down in Ludlow". Isn't Highfield also the Basketball coach as well? I would think that might spread him a little thin doing both jobs. Good baseball programs start right after the Xmas break with conditioning and when the weather gives us a break in February you try to get outside for some batting and infield practice. If as the baseball coach you are still involved with basketball all the way until the 1st of March I believe this only short changes your baseball team. If many have applied as you suggest I would think someone from that pool of candidates might have the time to give his all to the program. I'm rather amazed that any school doesn't have their baseball coach heading into the Xmas Break.
    Ludlow has always fielded very good baseball teams and were one of the most difficult teams I played against way back in the day. I hope they find a good solid coach very soon. The players deserve that.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Ludlow, Ky.
    Posts
    1,483

    I'll be the most shocked person on BGP if someone other than Highfield is the baseball coach at Ludlow next season.

  5. #20
    akw4572's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Posts
    3,418

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Joe View Post
    I guess this is another case of how you suggested in another thread that "they tend to do things a bit different down in Ludlow". Isn't Highfield also the Basketball coach as well? I would think that might spread him a little thin doing both jobs. Good baseball programs start right after the Xmas break with conditioning and when the weather gives us a break in February you try to get outside for some batting and infield practice. If as the baseball coach you are still involved with basketball all the way until the 1st of March I believe this only short changes your baseball team. If many have applied as you suggest I would think someone from that pool of candidates might have the time to give his all to the program. I'm rather amazed that any school doesn't have their baseball coach heading into the Xmas Break.
    Ludlow has always fielded very good baseball teams and were one of the most difficult teams I played against way back in the day. I hope they find a good solid coach very soon. The players deserve that.
    Hamilton Joe, have you applied? If not you should. I think the players deserve someone as well schooled as you are. You know a lot.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    They better vote me in this time and not Dizzy Dean or Tony Kubek
    Posts
    1,054

    Quote Originally Posted by akw4572 View Post
    Hamilton Joe, have you applied? If not you should. I think the players deserve someone as well schooled as you are. You know a lot.
    Well thank you very much for the compliment but I just don't think that is something I aspire to do anytime in the future. Anyway from everything I hear they aren't really open to anyone from the outside down at Ludlow. Whatever happens I hope they find themselves a good coach and they have a great year.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Anderson, Ohio
    Posts
    125

    Doubt that Highfield will take the job. He has said that he wouldn't do both sports in the past and he would rather coach basketball.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Ludlow, Ky.
    Posts
    1,483

    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty1278 View Post
    Doubt that Highfield will take the job. He has said that he wouldn't do both sports in the past and he would rather coach basketball.
    If this is true, wouldn't one think that Ludlow would've hired someone by now. The new year is just around the corner and no coach has been named.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    They better vote me in this time and not Dizzy Dean or Tony Kubek
    Posts
    1,054

    Quote Originally Posted by pnthr4life View Post
    If this is true, wouldn't one think that Ludlow would've hired someone by now. The new year is just around the corner and no coach has been named.
    Pretty amazing and very unfortunate for the kids on the team. Has anyone asked the AD at Ludlow if they are aware that baseball season is just around the corner? Maybe they have forgot..

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Ludlow, Ky.
    Posts
    1,483

    ^
    Ludlow has 2 AD's and Highfield is one of them.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Apr 06
    Posts
    78

    What about Villa's new coach? Know anything about him?

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    They better vote me in this time and not Dizzy Dean or Tony Kubek
    Posts
    1,054

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby D View Post
    What about Villa's new coach? Know anything about him?
    Don't know him personally but I understand he is a very knowledgable baseball guy who will get the most of the Villa players. Villa officials are to be commended with the swift manner in which they filled this position and were willing to go out an find a suitable candidate.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Posts
    795

    I heard J.D. Bussell was now going to coach again at Rockcastle Co. Does anyone know if this is try or is Chris Bishop going to be the head coach?

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    They better vote me in this time and not Dizzy Dean or Tony Kubek
    Posts
    1,054

    Quote Originally Posted by pnthr4life View Post
    If this is true, wouldn't one think that Ludlow would've hired someone by now. The new year is just around the corner and no coach has been named.
    Can you say "Boot Scootin" Perry Ouzts.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    They better vote me in this time and not Dizzy Dean or Tony Kubek
    Posts
    1,054

    Quote Originally Posted by pnthr4life View Post
    The position at Ludlow hasn't "officially" been filled. Many have applied, but IMO it's a done deal that Highfield will be the coach.
    It's the 2nd week of January. Any news on this situation yet?

Top