What Planned Parenthood Does

Page 4 of Originally Posted by UKMustangFan I'm 100% against welfare, so not at all. So you want to force the mother to have the child that she can't pay for and... 223 comments | 4478 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    70,244

    I am vehemently opposed to abortion. Planned Parenthood is America's largest provider of it. They actively lobby for pro-abortion causes. They sue the attorney general because they think the Partial Birth abortion ban of 2003 is unconstitutional. They oppose laws that would require an ultra-sound before an abortion. They don't want parental notification in the case of a minor seeking an abortion.

    So forgive me if I'm not saddened by the prospect that they may lose federal funding. For all the good they might do in women's health services, it's not anywhere close enough to overcoming the organization's desire for abortion to be as on demand and available as possible.
    Advertisement

  2. #47
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    70,244

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom View Post
    The issue of abortion is so much more complex than simply it being legal or illegal. The job is NOT done if we make it difficult or illegal. I simply don't understand why people think their job is simply to speak against it and vote for politicians/legislation that oppose it. Neither of those things is enough. Not even close.
    Do you think abortion should be illegal?

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    I think they need funding. Morally I'm against abortion. But, I think if abortion gets made illegal we're going to see even worse things going on. If someone is going to get an abortion I'd rather they do it in a doctor's office rather than at home.

  4. #49
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,285

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    If someone is going to get an abortion I'd rather they do it in a doctor's office rather than at home.
    Can I ask why?

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Posts
    3,313

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Can I ask why?
    Maybe to prevent TWO deaths.

    Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare. If we were to work harder on prenatal care and birth control, who knows how many abortions might be prevented.

  6. #51

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Can I ask why?
    Look up methods for abortions in other countries man. They get bad. If someone is so hellbent on having an abortion, I would want it to be relatively quick for the babies sake. JMO, and like I said I do not personally agree with abortion.

  7. #52
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,285

    Quote Originally Posted by acemona View Post
    Maybe to prevent TWO deaths.

    Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare. If we were to work harder on prenatal care and birth control, who knows how many abortions might be prevented.
    Sorry, but I have no sympathy or issues with someone who chooses to murder an innocent baby that ends up hurting or killing themselves in the process. I'd consider it karma.

  8. #53

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Sorry, but I have no sympathy or issues with someone who chooses to murder an innocent baby that ends up hurting or killing themselves in the process. I'd consider it karma.
    It's not necessarily about the mother for me if that's what you were asking about.

  9. #54
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,285

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    Look up methods for abortions in other countries man. They get bad. If someone is so hellbent on having an abortion, I would want it to be relatively quick for the babies sake. JMO, and like I said I do not personally agree with abortion.
    I can understand that reasoning. I was expecting an answer more along the lines of Aces.

    Sorry, but I could care less if the aborting mother harms herself in the process. Karma.

  10. #55
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,285

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    It's not necessarily about the mother for me if that's what you were asking about.
    I actually agree with your answer.

  11. #56

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I actually agree with your answer.

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    Quote Originally Posted by acemona View Post
    Federal dollars cannot be used to pay for abortion - even with planned parenthood.

    FWIW this is not just about Planned Parenthood, it is about Title X and women's health all the way around. Planned parenthood, statistics say, prevent about 2,000,000 unwanted pregnancies a year. If you extrapolate that out, that means that planned parenthood prevents about 800,000 abortions per year. Isn't that what we all want, to prevent unplanned pregnancies and therefore abortions?
    That's a disingenuous argument that hold no water with me. The dollars may not be able to be used to directly fund abortions but they go to other areas of PP allowing dollars that may otherwise be spent to be freed up to fund abortions.

  13. #58

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell View Post
    That's a disingenuous argument that hold no water with me. The dollars may not be able to be used to directly fund abortions but they go to other areas of PP allowing dollars that may otherwise be spent to be freed up to fund abortions.
    Reports are that Planned Parenthood only spends three percent of its budget on abortions ... so that argument doesn't hold much water, either.

  14. #59

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    A large % of PP's business is in the form of contraception or family planning. Logic says that these services are lowering the number of births which some percentage of would result in more welfare dollars to the mothers.

    So for those who are against PP receiving federal funds due to a small % of their business having to do with abortions are you willing to pay more in taxes to offer welfare?

  15. #60
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,285

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    A large % of PP's business is in the form of contraception or family planning. Logic says that these services are lowering the number of births which some percentage of would result in more welfare dollars to the mothers.

    So for those who are against PP receiving federal funds due to a small % of their business having to do with abortions are you willing to pay more in taxes to offer welfare?
    I'm 100% against welfare, so not at all.

Top