What Planned Parenthood Does

Page 2 of Originally Posted by UKMustangFan I'm 100% against welfare, so not at all. So you want to force the mother to have the child that she can't pay for and... 223 comments | 4475 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by acemona View Post
    I mind that my money is spent on wars where people die and that we give subsidies to oil companies and have given subsidies to tobacco growers in the past. I don't think we should shut the government down to stop that. We should debate those things independently.
    THOSE would be good examples.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by cammando View Post
    So you are against killing on the battle field but support the murder of babies ??
    Cammando, raise your game and debate or move on. You are not showing a capability of comprehending the debate.

    You tried to being alcohol into this. No one has ever said that providing alcohol to someone serves the taxpayer. However, there are some that believe that PP provides a service that should it go away would be thrust upon the taxpayers whether we like it or not. Ace did not ever say he is FOR the "murder of babies." That's the cry of the unintelligent when they have trouble debating someone. I'm going to assume you're not unintelligent so come a bit stronger with a debate.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Beautiful Lake Cumberland
    Posts
    5,236

    Clyde I'll give on the alcohol example... Perhaps a better example would be just because something is legal, it doesn't make it right.. And I know plenty of intelligent folks like me that believe that that abortion IS murder.. Didn't know you were a spokesman for Ace... But if you have read many of his posts he has stated many times that he believes the unborn are not human lives... I have no trouble debating anyone on the issue of murdering the unborn... You seem to be the unintelligent one if you can't prove your point...

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,094

    I always skeptical of those who put PP up as an evil entity. I wish I could know how many of them have ever gone to them for services? Have they ever asked an OB/GYN at a private practice if they perform abortions? Shoot, do they even ask the OB/GYN how they feel about abortion?

    Planned Parenthood is NOT an evil entity. It's a very worthwhile organization which provides healthcare for lower income women on a sliding scale fee basis. They do health screenings. They provide counseling and contraception. They provide educational programs. They provide testing for STD's. All of these things are available to even the poorest of women. Without Planned Parenthood, who takes on this role? The overburdened ER's? The overburdened public health clinics who are not only providing reproductive care, but all other levels of care for ALL disadvantaged individuals, male, female, young old....

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,094

    Quote Originally Posted by cammando View Post
    Clyde I'll give on the alcohol example... Perhaps a better example would be just because something is legal, it doesn't make it right.. And I know plenty of intelligent folks like me that believe that that abortion IS murder.. Didn't know you were a spokesman for Ace... But if you have read many of his posts he has stated many times that he believes the unborn are not human lives... I have no trouble debating anyone on the issue of murdering the unborn... You seem to be the unintelligent one if you can't prove your point...
    The problem I have with the argument you make against PP is that defunding PP isn't about stopping abortion. It will have no affect on stopping abortion whatsoever.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Beautiful Lake Cumberland
    Posts
    5,236

    At least I won't be paying for it... And for all the "good' deeds of PP it doesn't erase the bad...

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,094

    Quote Originally Posted by cammando View Post
    At least I won't be paying for it... And for all the "good' deeds of PP it doesn't erase the bad...
    Taking away the funding for PP imperils their ability to provide contraception.
    Taking away the funding for PP doesn't address the issue of ending abortion.
    Other than being a power-play, what does it accomplish?

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Beautiful Lake Cumberland
    Posts
    5,236

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom View Post
    Taking away the funding for PP imperils their ability to provide contraception.
    Taking away the funding for PP doesn't address the issue of ending abortion.
    Other than being a power-play, what does it accomplish?
    Then why is Obama playing games with the military payroll?? Just a power play... Never mind it would save the tax payers a few Billion a year.. Where do you think we should start cutting the budget?? It seems protecting abortion is more important to Obama than our soldiers.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,094

    Quote Originally Posted by cammando View Post
    Then why is Obama playing games with the military payroll?? Just a power play... Never mind it would save the tax payers a few Billion a year.. Where do you think we should start cutting the budget?? It seems protecting abortion is more important to Obama than our soldiers.
    Actually, there have been several opportunities to pass that legislation separately, but for some reason, some have seen fit to not act on it in it's separate presentation, but insist that it be pinned to the funding bill. So, I think there's plenty of blame to go around, although it doesn't surprise me that you focus on laying it at the feet of Obama.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    Quote Originally Posted by cammando View Post
    Then why is Obama playing games with the military payroll?? Just a power play... Never mind it would save the tax payers a few Billion a year.. Where do you think we should start cutting the budget?? It seems protecting abortion is more important to Obama than our soldiers.
    Is Obama the only one playing games here?

  11. #26

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,560

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom View Post
    Actually, there have been several opportunities to pass that legislation separately, but for some reason, some have seen fit to not act on it in it's separate presentation, but insist that it be pinned to the funding bill. So, I think there's plenty of blame to go around, although it doesn't surprise me that you focus on laying it at the feet of Obama.
    There most certainly is plenty of blame to go around now. I doubt if there are more than a handful of people not playing games with the process. However, we would not be here if the Dems had managed to pass a budget when they had the white house and large majorities in both the house and senate. Not sure if that has ever happened before. That was a real lack of leadership.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    17,966

    Quote Originally Posted by 75center View Post
    There most certainly is plenty of blame to go around now. I doubt if there are more than a handful of people not playing games with the process. However, we would not be here if the Dems had managed to pass a budget when they had the white house and large majorities in both the house and senate. Not sure if that has ever happened before. That was a real lack of leadership.
    I thought the Newt Gingrich/Clinton shut down was right after the Republican Revolution of '94. That would have seemed like the same type scenario.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Posts
    9,992

    Just a rumor, but I have heard Obama and Planned Parenthood is the cause of Cancer........

  14. #29

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by cammando View Post
    Clyde I'll give on the alcohol example... Perhaps a better example would be just because something is legal, it doesn't make it right.. And I know plenty of intelligent folks like me that believe that that abortion IS murder.. Didn't know you were a spokesman for Ace... But if you have read many of his posts he has stated many times that he believes the unborn are not human lives... I have no trouble debating anyone on the issue of murdering the unborn... You seem to be the unintelligent one if you can't prove your point...
    I tried to play nice and give you the benefit of the doubt but to no avail.

    But I'll play along. What point did I fail to prove?

  15. #30

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by 75center View Post
    There most certainly is plenty of blame to go around now. I doubt if there are more than a handful of people not playing games with the process. However, we would not be here if the Dems had managed to pass a budget when they had the white house and large majorities in both the house and senate. Not sure if that has ever happened before. That was a real lack of leadership.
    Wasn't the issue with the D's not passing a budget due to not having 60 votes and the Rs threatening to filibuster? Is my memory somewhat correct on that?

Top