"Duh, Winning!" (and other possible slogans for Obama's 2012 campaign)

Page 2 of Originally Posted by acemona Is it really broken: http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=3200 This one of course is even better: http://www.ssa.gov/oact/tr... 88 comments | 1940 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Posts
    3,313

    Quote Originally Posted by marvel View Post
    You are aware that Bush had 46 consecutive months of job growth when they were enacted? So no, it does not take 8 years....I would say results come just a tad quicker.
    There was growth but it was most anemic in 60 years. The economy was growing before the cuts, and then we started having job loss.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    Quote Originally Posted by acemona View Post
    There was growth but it was most anemic in 60 years. The economy was growing before the cuts, and then we started having job loss.
    Wrong as usual.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,807

    Quote Originally Posted by marvel View Post
    It's not like he can help his middle name. The reason he doesn't want it mentioned is because people (not naming any names) make a big deal out of it for no apparent reason. If my last name was McCarthy, does that mean I am going to accuse people of having communistic values? And don't turn around and be like "WHAT?! All I am saying is that he should be proud of it!" Everyone knows where you're going...

    You do know that Kennedy's father was supposedly anti semantic ? Does that mean that JFK is secretly a Nazi sympathizer?
    i am going the same place as everyone else with this administration, to the toilet.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Posts
    2,568

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    You might as well be agruing with the wall.
    Walls don't argue back!

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    The Town That Bleeds Blue
    Posts
    1,437

    Quote Originally Posted by cammando View Post
    How about: Four more years of record unemployment, deficits, and debt.....
    Duh... Winning?

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Posts
    3,313

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    Wrong as usual.
    While you can and should disagree with an opinion it is not good form to say "wrong - as usual." Can you provide a link that shows how the economy was NOT growing before the tax cuts, and I don't mean just one or two low quarters. I can provide plenty that show the growth in wages, jobs, and GDP that will support my "wrong" assertion.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 10
    Posts
    2,043

    Quote Originally Posted by acemona View Post
    There was growth but it was most anemic in 60 years. The economy was growing before the cuts, and then we started having job loss.
    Will you give credit where credit is due? Ever?

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Posts
    3,313

    Quote Originally Posted by marvel View Post
    Will you give credit where credit is due? Ever?
    What do you mean?

    Job growth per president:

    http://www.davemanuel.com/2010/11/08...ent-1948-2010/

    GWB added 1.8 million jobs over 8 years.

    Jimmy Carter added almost 10.5 million in only 4 years.

    Job growth by decade from the 1940s

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...010101478.html
    Last edited by acemona; Apr 5, 11 at 02:53 PM.

  9. #24
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    Quote Originally Posted by acemona View Post
    While you can and should disagree with an opinion it is not good form to say "wrong - as usual." Can you provide a link that shows how the economy was NOT growing before the tax cuts, and I don't mean just one or two low quarters. I can provide plenty that show the growth in wages, jobs, and GDP that will support my "wrong" assertion.
    Quit posting your opinion like it is fact, especially when it's wrong. I have provided proof, repeated times and most of the time to your incorrect claims like the one in this thread. Bush inherited a mess from Clinton and for basically 2 years the economy was heading down. The Bush tax cuts were implemented in 2003 and we enjoyed steady growth for the next 4-5 years until the housing bubble exploded.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Posts
    3,313

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    Quit posting your opinion like it is fact, especially when it's wrong. I have provided proof, repeated times and most of the time to your incorrect claims like the one in this thread. Bush inherited a mess from Clinton and for basically 2 years the economy was heading down. The Bush tax cuts were implemented in 2003 and we enjoyed steady growth for the next 4-5 years until the housing bubble exploded.
    So I need to say, in my opinion in every post? By the way, I don't see a refutation of the links I posted. 1.08 million jobs in 8 years seems pretty anemic to me.

  11. #26
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    70,185

    Seems like a bunch of jobs added during Ford, Carter, Reagan. Wondering if this number reflects women heavily populating the work force?

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Posts
    3,313

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    Seems like a bunch of jobs added during Ford, Carter, Reagan. Wondering if this number reflects women heavily populating the work force?
    It is interesting, I thought maybe we were heading OUT of recessions during most of those. I am not sure.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 10
    Posts
    2,043

    Quote Originally Posted by acemona View Post
    So I need to say, in my opinion in every post? By the way, I don't see a refutation of the links I posted. 1.08 million jobs in 8 years seems pretty anemic to me.
    While jobs were being added, jobs were also being lost, like woodsrider said, because of the housing market. Those jobs that were lost subtracted from those jobs that were created. 1.08 million jobs is not a lot but its still job creation. You have to consider all problems. You can't just look at one statistic and go "Welp! There it is. Only X many of jobs were created therefore he sucks." You have to look at reason behind it.
    Last edited by marvel; Apr 6, 11 at 04:57 PM.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,094

    McDonald's is looking to hire 50,000 in one day! That should help this quarters stats a tiny bit.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,560

    " I THOUGHT we could!"

Top