BIG_BALLIN

The Girl's Sweet 16 isn't over!

Calloway Cty is 30-1 and hasn't lost to a KY team. Are they a contender or a product of a weak schedule?

Calloway Cty is 30-1 and hasn't lost to a KY team. Are they a contender or a product of a weak schedule?

I don't know a whole lot about them but they have not played a team on the BGP top 20 yet this year.

It will be over saturday night, and the rock will be in the finals. No one in the lower bracket can touch them

I know rankings don't mean much, just someones opinion, but if they are that much better than everyone else, why are they not #1. Also have they been beaten this year.

NCC might not have the D1 prospects, but they play as a team. they have great coaching and solid D. Anytime you have all that and good athletes you have a chanc to pull off an upset or two. Rock might need to be a little off that night but that happens to the best of teams.

It will be over saturday night, and the rock will be in the finals. No one in the lower bracket can touch them

It's comments like this that make people root against them. "no one can touch them":rolleyes:

It's comments like this that make people root against them. "no one can touch them":rolleyes:

Looks like Madison almost touched them. :eyeonyou:

For those of you who are reading this thread, please don't think ALL Rockcastle County fans think like this. As I said in the thread from tonight's game, I had a gut feeling that Madison Central could pull off the upset. The girls on Rock's team won't overlook anyone because Coach Noble won't let them. They play Clay County next and both are old rivals and with so much on the line, who knows what the outcome will be tomorrow night.

For those of you who are reading this thread, please don't think ALL Rockcastle County fans think like this. As I said in the thread from tonight's game, I had a gut feeling that Madison Central could pull off the upset. The girls on Rock's team won't overlook anyone because Coach Noble won't let them. They play Clay County next and both are old rivals and with so much on the line, who knows what the outcome will be tomorrow night.

I agree totally, count me as one of the above.

Every team has a fan like that. "Our team is better than everyone else and no one will even come close." Best to just ignore those people and have an intelligent conversation about basketball with the rest of the fans.

I don't know a whole lot about them but they have not played a team on the BGP top 20 yet this year.
Murray was ranked in the BGP Top 20 for a while ... Calloway beat them four times, twice by double-digit margins. Calloway also played some of the good 2nd Region programs (Henderson County, Madisonville), but those teams were down this year.

Their only loss was in the championship game of a pretty good tournament in Orlando, and they also have two wins over a team from Tennessee that was in the final four in both 2009 and 2010. They also beat another team from Tennessee that has a Pittsburgh signee.

Calloway's best player is Averee Fields, who committed to West Virginia last spring. She had 30 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists and 6 blocked shots in the first-round win over Newport Catholic.

Murray was ranked in the BGP Top 20 for a while ... Calloway beat them four times, twice by double-digit margins. Calloway also played some of the good 2nd Region programs (Henderson County, Madisonville), but those teams were down this year.

Their only loss was in the championship game of a pretty good tournament in Orlando, and they also have two wins over a team from Tennessee that was in the final four in both 2009 and 2010. They also beat another team from Tennessee that has a Pittsburgh signee.

Calloway's best player is Averee Fields, who committed to West Virginia last spring. She had 30 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists and 6 blocked shots in the first-round win over Newport Catholic.

Hmmm ... could just be the victim of NoKy group-think.

It appears they were "grazed" yesterday.....we'll see how this plays out......reality...check