Sign in to follow this  
Cuban Missile

Top Seniors in NKY

If the kid and his parents feel that he can become a better baseball player, and have a better chance getting a college sholareship at another school, maybe thats why they would move. Isn't that what a parent should be thinking about, whats best for there family(kid)?

If the kid and his parents feel that he can become a better baseball player, and have a better chance getting a college sholareship at another school, maybe thats why they would move. Isn't that what a parent should be thinking about, whats best for there family(kid)?

If that's the reason for the move, it is prohibited by the KHSAA.

If that's the reason for the move, it is prohibited by the KHSAA.

Even if its prohibited, can you fault a parent for a move like that, (if there was not any recruiting by the other school).

Even if its prohibited, can you fault a parent for a move like that, (if there was not any recruiting by the other school).

You absolutely can. Moving a kid for the sole purpose of getting seen in high school is a terrible example for parents to set. Education is the number one goal of going to college, and baseball doesn't offer nearly the same financial gains in college as academics. And, by your logic as posted above, High school ball is much less important than summer ball and showcases in the baseball recruiting process. Moving a kid 100 miles south during his senior year of school, away from his friends and comfort zone for the sole purpose of gaining better exposure during a high school season seems to be extremely flawed logic. And, in this case, the topic is moot, as we have absolutely NO proof whatsoever that Sexton is moving schools in the first place.

You absolutely can. Moving a kid for the sole purpose of getting seen in high school is a terrible example for parents to set. Education is the number one goal of going to college, and baseball doesn't offer nearly the same financial gains in college as academics. And, by your logic as posted above, High school ball is much less important than summer ball and showcases in the baseball recruiting process. Moving a kid 100 miles south during his senior year of school, away from his friends and comfort zone for the sole purpose of gaining better exposure during a high school season seems to be extremely flawed logic. And, in this case, the topic is moot, as we have absolutely NO proof whatsoever that Sexton is moving schools in the first place.

You took the words right out of my mouth...thanks.

I just got word from a source who got word from another source that Sexton is NOT moving. Apparently the source that I got it from in the first place thought Sexton was moving because he played fall ball tourneys with the Danville boys. He apparently has many good friends on the team and he said he was playing for them next year in SUMMER BALL. So my source thought Sexton was meaning he was playing high school ball also with them. I personally asked Sexton himself.

I just got word from a source who got word from another source that Sexton is NOT moving. Apparently the source that I got it from in the first place thought Sexton was moving because he played fall ball tourneys with the Danville boys. He apparently has many good friends on the team and he said he was playing for them next year in SUMMER BALL. So my source thought Sexton was meaning he was playing high school ball also with them. I personally asked Sexton himself.

At least we had some fun huh?

I guess some had fun except for the ridiculous, uncalled for bashing of Coach Sanders who has dedicated himself to coaching and helping these kids in ways that some ignorant people either don't see or like most, only see what they want. I guess if things don't go exactly as you want, the proper thing to do is go on a public forum and try to tear down a man and a tremendous organization who has helped get hundreds of kids in college that may not have gotten there on their own. I'm sure the parents of the kids as well as the kids themselves who have played for him over the years would be the first to stand up and speak on his behalf. But as the old saying goes, "You can't make everybody happy all the time, as hard as you might try".

I'm sure there would be just as many standng up against him as there would be standing up for him. You can take that to the bank.

I'm sure there would be just as many standng up against him as there would be standing up for him. You can take that to the bank.

I don't know if you are right or wrong, but this thread has veered way of course.............

What are you basing this terrible assumption on?

What are you basing this terrible assumption on?

I am basing this factual statement off of accounts from previous and current players and parents. Why do you think the Bluegrass Organization has gone downhill? Why do you think everyone left and went to other teams, thus forcing Rob to replace them with younger players?

I am basing this factual statement off of accounts from previous and current players and parents. Why do you think the Bluegrass Organization has gone downhill? Why do you think everyone left and went to other teams, thus forcing Rob to replace them with younger players?

Factual statement? Come on.

I don't follow the Bluegrass organization, but I know Sanders is a great coach.