Einstein70

Walton Verona 34 Bishop Brossart 28

Sounds like an exciting game with 2 teams heading in the right direction.

Sounds like another great game. I know some Brossart fans got on me, but I told you all not to jump the gun on things. They are building a very good program there, but its a step at a time. It looks like the 4th seed again this year, however they did take another step forward this year. They did beat a team they had yet to ever beat in the district, and competed great with Bellevue and barely lost this one to. They are definitely a program on the rise.

Now congrats to Walton! You all have had a great season, and well on your way to securing that 2 seed. Its not done yet, but you all are very close. Congrats!

Walton scores 20 unanswered points in the second half, shutout Mustangs in final 24 minutes, overcome a 28-14 halftime deficit.

Gut-wrenching loss for the Mustangs, great win for the Bearcats.

Good luck to both teams from here out. Walton has been a great rivalry. Hopefully we will be able to keep each other on our schedules in the future.

Prayers out to the young man and his family for Bishop player that was taken out in the second half

Not sure what happened to him but my thoughts are with him. Hard fought tough game!

Brossart's playcalling in the second half was what lost them this game.

Guidugli was running wild against the Bearcats and then all of a sudden the Stangs started to pass first, second, and third down, rather than let the young man do his thing. Brossart had this game in the bag. Even up 28-21 with 11 minutes to go, instead of trying to milk the clock, they're passing.

Walton gets the ball back and ties it up on the very next possession on a long run by #37. He had a huge game for the Bearcats on both sides of the ball. Very nice player.

The game changing play of the game though was on a 4th and, I believe, 13 from the Mustangs own 35 yard line, they decide to attempt a fake punt with 5 or 6 minutes left. I realize you're trying to make a statement, but come on. Punt the ball and let your defense give you a chance to win. Walton would hold the ball until under a minute where they'd then get a long pass to #83 inside the Mustangs 10 and then score 2 or 3 plays later to take a 34-28 lead. (Blocked PAT)

Brossart had one last chance but attempted a long pass on their first or second play after the kickoff that was intercepted by #83...who also had the big catch to set up the winning TD.

Very entertaining game, but this is definetly one that Brossart let get away. They had a TD called back earlier in the game due to a block in the back and they also missed a Fg that would've put them up 31-14. Great resiliance by Walton though to fight back and never give up.

BTW, Brossart has a VERY GOOD kicker for only being a sophomore. Kid was booming 45 yards field goals like it was nothing during halftime warmups.

Oh, and a big thanks to Mustang and his crew for helping us with our nkysports.com broadcast tonight of this game.

Look forward to seeing you more during basketball season.

Brossart's playcalling in the second half was what lost them this game.

Guidugli was running wild against the Bearcats and then all of a sudden the Stangs started to pass first, second, and third down, rather than let the young man do his thing. Brossart had this game in the bag. Even up 28-21 with 11 minutes to go, instead of trying to milk the clock, they're passing.

Walton gets the ball back and ties it up on the very next possession on a long run by #37. He had a huge game for the Bearcats on both sides of the ball. Very nice player.

The game changing play of the game though was on a 4th and, I believe, 13 from the Mustangs own 35 yard line, they decide to attempt a fake punt with 5 or 6 minutes left. I realize you're trying to make a statement, but come on. Punt the ball and let your defense give you a chance to win. Walton would hold the ball until under a minute where they'd then get a long pass to #83 inside the Mustangs 10 and then score 2 or 3 plays later to take a 34-28 lead. (Blocked PAT)

Brossart had one last chance but attempted a long pass on their first or second play after the kickoff that was intercepted by #83...who also had the big catch to set up the winning TD.

Very entertaining game, but this is definetly one that Brossart let get away. They had a TD called back earlier in the game due to a block in the back and they also missed a Fg that would've put them up 31-14. Great resiliance by Walton though to fight back and never give up.

BTW, Brossart has a VERY GOOD kicker for only being a sophomore. Kid was booming 45 yards field goals like it was nothing during halftime warmups.

So you're saying that with a 7 point lead and 11 minutes to go they should have been trying to run out the clock? Don't you think they should have kept the playbook all the way open and tried to have went up by more than one touchdown at that point? You don't try to run out a clock with that much time remaining in a 1 score game.

Nice win for Walton Verona, that program has come a long way in a short time.