The Scribe

KHSAA Football Alignment for 2011-2014 announced

Your right Mustang. Tough, tough district for Pendleton County.
I was happy to see Walton-Verona's placement. I think that will be a better fit for them than District 6.

District 3 - Grayson County, Iroquois, Jeffersontown, John Hardin, North Hardin

Wow! First, Iroquois is really getting the shaft! I'm having a hard time with this one for Grayson County. Iroquois will be a win every year, John Hardin probably replaces the Bowling Green loss. They should, if they stay on course, beat J-Town and North Hardin, IMO.

Forgetting football for a moment-look at the X,T,Male,Manual district in terms of basketball and baseball.

This is just for football Tigercat, it doesn't affect baseball and basketball.

Why not let every team on the playoffs being they are so watered down now?

The playoffs should be something special (meaning earned0 and not given too.

It is, what It is. No matter how you slice it, some schools will be happy, others will not, and others are probably are about the same as before.:popcorn::deadhorse::thumb:

Trinity's tuition is around $10,000 / year. At the most, you can qualify for half assistance. Now, I ask you, which is more, $5,000 / year, or free? Don't worry, I'll wait.

Surely the athletes that see the field at X and T are not "out of pocket" any money. Lets be serious, there are not many people on this site that can be suckered into beleiving X and T are on the same playing field as public schools of the same size.

Why not let every team on the playoffs being they are so watered down now?

The playoffs should be something special (meaning earned0 and not given too.

That's what basketball and baseball are, so why not?

It is, what It is. No matter how you slice it, some schools will be happy, others will not, and others are probably are about the same as before.:popcorn::deadhorse::thumb:

That being said, what do you think about the trips to Leslie and Middlesboro as opposed to Ft. Knox?

I am not a fan of how they did 1A and 6A. I hate it when teams are guarnteed a playoff spot, without ever earning it somewhat. A team could not even win a game and make the playoffs. If they are only going to have 32 teams in 1A and 6A, then I wish they would make it for those classes where only the top 2 teams in the districts make it.

Yes they did, along with Conner. Both teams will for sure dominate this new district. It will deffinantly be these two teams battleing for the district title.

Surely the athletes that see the field at X and T are not "out of pocket" any money. Lets be serious, there are not many people on this site that can be suckered into beleiving X and T are on the same playing field as public schools of the same size.

Do you have proof of this EROCK? No, you dont! Quit with the misinformation. KHSAA rules are very strict about "scholarships" towards athletes. They dont recieve them, and until you have PROOF, then silence is your best course.

Im going to say what many T and X fans already know. The KHSAA is anti T and X. They have been for years. They will be for years to come. Putting X and T in the same district, when CLEARLY it doesn't make geographical sense, is the only way to assure that one doesnt make the State Championship, thus allowing another public school to make it to the championship game to take home the runner up trophy. Kentucky football in general will suffer, and T and X will continue to thrive despite every effort made by the KHSAA governing body to stop them.

Has the KHSAA done anything to stops Highlands dominace of its class? Nope...not one thing.

By putting Male and Manual in T and X's district, you now have made thier schedules more difficult than they already were. Since T and X play an out of state schedule that is off the charts (respect to Manual for thiers as well) you now are preparing the two schools for even bigger dominance.

Great job KHSAA, you continually shoot yourself in the foot because you dont like your shoes. Keep up the fantastic work!

I'm going to have to buck the trend of the Trinity posters. I personally don't mind that T & X are in the same district. I do feel that putting Male and Manual in the same district may eventually be disasterous or a genius move for their programs. I think that the top 4 6A programs OVERALL are these 4. I get the anti-new district sentiment, but I don't think the KHSAA is anti-T or X. If anything, if I were Male or Manual, I would think the KHSAA were anti M or H.

Has the KHSAA done anything to stops Highlands dominace of its class? Nope...not one thing.
Highlands doesn't enjoy a huge enrollment advantage over most of the teams in their class ... in fact, they're the smallest school in 5A.