Sign in to follow this  
tdyballgame

2010 Greater Cincinnati Class B Div. 1 Champs

Well said Sweep!

Speaking of price tag, I heard something soooo ridiculous that it really is pathetic. Speaking to the parents of a team from Nashville, we were told that this team has tryouts that require a $1000 fee. That's right a non-refundable $1000 fee to just try out. They have 20 kids tryout and keep 15. Too bad so sad for the five that are cut. Non-refundable! WOW!!! Maybe it's me and I'm clueless, but nobody can convince me that that is not only right but worth it.

Oh, did I mention that the NKY Wildcats beat that team. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

What does that say about those parents?? $1,000 no way....Midland or the Flames don't even do that..

What does that say about those parents?? $1,000 no way....Midland or the Flames don't even do that..[/quote

Yeah, but all the kids had matching water bottles and wrist bands. Its all about the look baby.

What does that say about those parents?? $1,000 no way....Midland or the Flames don't even do that..[/quote

Yeah, but all the kids had matching water bottles and wrist bands. Its all about the look baby.

Insane!!!!!!

One additional point that illustrates why these boys will be great players in high school (and likely beyond). The Wildcats showed up at the field for their first game in the Lexington tournament, and it is a high school field. So, that means 60'6" mound and 90' bases. Home plate looked about as far to the backstop as it does at GABP. The team they were playing from Nashville had played 60/90 all year.

All year the Wildcats played 54/80. 8 of the 11 players played high school ball, but none had played those distances since mid-May. And, 3 of the boys had never played those distances.

A lot of teams would have folded right there. The boys never blinked. They scored 4 in the bottom of the first on their way to the win. It's that kind of determination that I look back on that tells me that these boys will go far. Great job Wildcats!

Not to take anything away from the accomplishment, but with a record of 31-1 what competition do they play? It's hard for me to believe that you play 32 games of solid competition and only lose once....

Not to take anything away from the accomplishment, but with a record of 31-1 what competition do they play? It's hard for me to believe that you play 32 games of solid competition and only lose once....

Really, you just did by posting what you posted. Hey, listen, everyone knows Knothole isn't what it used to be. That is why they created a Div. I. Get the more competitive teams to move up to that division and let the other teams not looking for higher competition play in Div. II level Knothole. I think that is the other level.

With that said, I have coached in SWOL for a few years and I know the competition level there. This years NKY Wildcats team would not have a problem in the Continental and/or some of the American Divisions. Now getting into the National Div, they would definitely be challenged there.

This team will be moving on to SWOL next year. So next year, come back and check in and see how they did. I will tell you this, the coaches are more interested in developing the kids for the next level rather than living in the moment or in the past.

31 - 1 is impressive no matter how you look at it.

That is a nice group of kids and Casey/Rich and the rest of the coaches do a fantastic job with them.

Good luck to those boys in frosh baseball at Highlands next year.

Some of them will not be playing frosh baseball next year. The class behind them has some very good talent as well if they choose to stick with baseball in combination with other sports.

Some of them will not be playing frosh baseball next year. The class behind them has some very good talent as well if they choose to stick with baseball in combination with other sports.

You are absolutely correct. With those two classes, like you said, if they stick with baseball, they could be very good.

Do you say this meaning they will be playing JV ball, or that they'll stop playing baseball? I sure hope they're not dropping baseball.

Some in my estimation will be playing JV next year. A few may even be able to help out on the varsity level. I could also see a few that will not play baseball to concentrate on other sports, namely football.

Really, you just did by posting what you posted. Hey, listen, everyone knows Knothole isn't what it used to be. That is why they created a Div. I. Get the more competitive teams to move up to that division and let the other teams not looking for higher competition play in Div. II level Knothole. I think that is the other level.

With that said, I have coached in SWOL for a few years and I know the competition level there. This years NKY Wildcats team would not have a problem in the Continental and/or some of the American Divisions. Now getting into the National Div, they would definitely be challenged there.

This team will be moving on to SWOL next year. So next year, come back and check in and see how they did. I will tell you this, the coaches are more interested in developing the kids for the next level rather than living in the moment or in the past.

I understand what you are saying, it's just the 31-1 threw me for a loop.....

Sounds like this team is very talented, but no team will ever touch the American Legion team from a couple years ago.

Any word on what level they'll be playing at? My understanding is the league makes all teams new to the SWOL start in Continental, but that would be a shame for this group (IMO opinion, Continental is no better than D1 Knothole in the ages I've seen). They can definitely play in the American division. But if they must go continental, they can always supplement by playing American teams in tourneys.

I have heard that SWOL is permitting them to enter the American League/Division.

Sign in to follow this