Heisman: Tebow or Pryor?

Clyde

Not necessarily, but Pryor is in a crappy, slow conference.

Tebow is in the granddaddy of them all.

Agree Pryor plays in the little ten while Tebow plays in SEC top league in the land. Do not know if Tebow wins Heisman or not because players from Alabama, Texas, and Houston are having good years and yes a lineman from Nebraska is also a real good player but do not think a lineman will win the award. I am Gator fan and hope Tebow wins award but others guys i mentioned are very deserving of award also.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree Pryor plays in the little ten while Tebow plays in SEC top league in the land. Do not know if Tebow wins Heisman or not because players from Alabama, Texas, and Houston are having good years and yes a lineman from Nebraska is also a real good player but do not think a lineman will win the award. I am Gator fan and hope Tebow wins award but others guys i mentioned are very deserving of award also.

Unless something drastic happens its a 3-person race.

Tebow

McCoy

Ingram

The DL from NU may be a top 2 pick but he has zero chance of the Heisman.

Where did the luck come in? Penn State didn't show up? JoPa is old?

Nevermind, I thought they need Iowa to lose twice to win the Big 10. My mistake.

But, for the Heisman race, Terrelle Pryor has zero big moments as a player, unless you want to count the jump ball in the Fiesta Bowl last year. He is better remembered for his mistakes, like the Purdue game, and the fumble against PSU last year. Tebow may not have great stats, but he has some big plays.

Nevermind, I thought they need Iowa to lose twice to win the Big 10. My mistake.

But, for the Heisman race, Terrelle Pryor has zero big moments as a player, unless you want to count the jump ball in the Fiesta Bowl last year. He is better remembered for his mistakes, like the Purdue game, and the fumble against PSU last year. Tebow may not have great stats, but he has some big plays.

He wasn't a passing QB coming into college and he's a sophomore. He was just to highly touted because he is one of the best athletes in the nation. It is starting to come together for him now. We look forward to his Jr and Sr years.

He wasn't a passing QB coming into college and he's a sophomore. He was just to highly touted because he is one of the best athletes in the nation. It is starting to come together for him now. We look forward to his Jr and Sr years.

Plenty of "running" QB's come in and play well. Pat White took over games as a RSFr. He has less physical tools than Pryor. Pryor just isn't ever going to be even an adequate passer. He relies on his athleticism too much. He knows he is strong enough to throw it a mile without good mechanics, and they haven't improved in the last two years. He can be a good college QB, but OSU is going to have to change the offense a bit. He is a long way from becoming a QB like Troy Smith, and Smith wasn't blessed with half of the tools that Pryor has.

Plenty of "running" QB's come in and play well. Pat White took over games as a RSFr. He has less physical tools than Pryor. Pryor just isn't ever going to be even an adequate passer. He relies on his athleticism too much. He knows he is strong enough to throw it a mile without good mechanics, and they haven't improved in the last two years. He can be a good college QB, but OSU is going to have to change the offense a bit. He is a long way from becoming a QB like Troy Smith, and Smith wasn't blessed with half of the tools that Pryor has.

They will have a new offensive coordinator next year.

Even as an Ohio State fan I have to: :ohbrother::rolleyes:

If he can improve on last Saturday's performance he might be in the discussion next year or his senior year, but not even in the top 10 right now.