Bracken County AD drops St Patrick from X-mas Tourney

For the record: The high school AD's husband does not coach any sport on the high school level. He does not teach at the high school. He coaches middle school baseball and basketball (girls and boys). He also volunteers for flag football, coach pitch, t-ball, and little league....has for years. But, that's information for a different thread. I hope this is becoming clear. There sure is a lot of confusion out there! Glad I can help clear up some rumors. I guess when there isn't enough dirty laundry...people try to create it. Sad, but human nature at it's worst, unfortunately. Now...back to the thread. What are thoughts on Bracken deciding not to play St. Pat more than twice per year, if it can be helped? Any more thoughts on that subject? :p:thumb:

His credentials are certainly better than the other middle school coaches or even high school coaches at BC. I have never, ever seen the present middle school or high school coaches of any sport do any VOLUNTEER work with the YOUNGER kids. This being said, why do all subjects related to Bracken County sports continually drift off subject?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His credentials are certainly better than the other middle school coaches or even high school coaches at BC. I have never, ever seen the present middle school or high school coaches of any sport do any VOLUNTEER work with the YOUNGER kids. This being said, why do all subjects related to Bracken County sports continually drift off subject?

I'm not sure.

I am sure, however, that any reasons for not inviting St. Pat to the Christmas tournament were never malicious. No ill-intent would be meant toward Coach Hinson, his staff, his players, or anyone associated with the school. People are trying to turn it into that, but it just isn't true. Best of luck to both schools. I'm out!

Out of St.Patrick's 12 wins this year,5 were against Bracken County, would think Coach Hinson would not want that on his resume and would try to avoid playing as much next year as well. I'm out on this subject as well! Good luck next year Bears and Saints!

• 2 years later...

I think BC does a decent job putting this on but the JV & Varsity format makes it very tough the attract many quality teams (if that's the goal) and the venue is weak for the fans as far as eating establishments and things to do between games. If they don't want to change the format maybe they should have a 39th district tournament in Dec. if they could convince MC to play. I applaud their efforts to have a local tournament but it's a tough task.