CoachBuckett

Franklin County Coaching Update?

Is Coach Graham's name confirmed as a candidate or just rumor? He is such an upstanding Christian man I figured he would teach Bible class at LCA for the rest of his life.

The are getting their work in. The school system is not killing the program. They had 75+ kids out for football last fall, and finished the season with around 30 players. I don't think that is a reflection on the school system allowing softball to use the weightroom a few times while the weather is cold.

There were never 75 players out for football last year. Not at any time.

If you have 50 football players, and 30 softball players in the same room it can get extremely chaotic. Football is not getting the shaft at FC. They get as much support as any other sport, and they are the #1 priority when they are in season.

If anyone out there knows of any other schools with this philosophy in the off-season, please PM me. We still have a game we need to schedule.

Good luck to Coach Ledford...got to respect a man that realizes what must be done to allow him to compete at the top level and get out if it's not getting done.

If anyone out there knows of any other schools with this philosophy in the off-season, please PM me. We still have a game we need to schedule.

One of the best posts I've seen on this site :notworthy:

Good luck to Coach Ledford...got to respect a man that realizes what must be done to allow him to compete at the top level and get out if it's not getting done.

Only if youre looking for a homecoming game coach. Otherwise it won't help the program any playing them.

The are getting their work in. The school system is not killing the program. They had 75+ kids out for football last fall, and finished the season with around 30 players. I don't think that is a reflection on the school system allowing softball to use the weightroom a few times while the weather is cold.

This about the football team getting kick out if the weather is not right. What do you tell the your team this is your weigthroom this is the place we get bigger and stronger this is your place, oh just a second weather is not good get out of the way the softball team is comming. If your right the football team has 75 players working and getting stronger then the softball team of about 20 players comes in and tells them to get out when ever the weather suits them or not. No wonder the Coach got mad and left this does not happen at any other good program in the state.:ohbrother:

This about the football team getting kick out if the weather is not right. What do you tell the your team this is your weigthroom this is the place we get bigger and stronger this is your place, oh just a second weather is not good get out of the way the softball team is comming. If your right the football team has 75 players working and getting stronger then the softball team of about 20 players comes in and tells them to get out when ever the weather suits them or not. No wonder the Coach got mad and left this does not happen at any other good program in the state.:ohbrother:

Its not the football team's weightroom. It is the athletic fieldhouse. Football is not the only sport that lift weights or uses the fieldhouse at FCHS or at any other school. If football is the only team that lifts weights at your school, please send me contracts for every other sport at your school. I will make sure every sport's team in Franklin County signs up your high school's teams.

Nobody said another team couldn't use the weight room with football, but to kick football out because it's to noisy for softball, or any other sport for that matter, is absurd.

Its not the football team's weightroom. It is the athletic fieldhouse. Football is not the only sport that lift weights or uses the fieldhouse at FCHS or at any other school. If football is the only team that lifts weights at your school, please send me contracts for every other sport at your school. I will make sure every sport's team in Franklin County signs up your high school's teams.

And if the football team doesn't get priority in the weightroom every other football playing school will want a football contract from Franklin Co. Nothing like an easy homecoming opponent.

Football pays the bills for other sports and should get priority.

And if the football team doesn't get priority in the weightroom every other football playing school will want a football contract from Franklin Co. Nothing like an easy homecoming opponent.

Football pays the bills for other sports and should get priority.

Football doesn't bring in the most money. Basketball does! Check the number of home games!

I would venture to say that the Frankfort High home football game gate equals 10 home basketball games.

I think we understand there are problems there but has anybody heard any names or what is going on with the coaching search?

Football doesn't bring in the most money. Basketball does! Check the number of home games!

I would say that at most schools football makes more money than Basketball.

Softball is played outside. Would you like for the football team to carry the weights outside and lift them there?

This is still the craziest thing I have heard. No weight lifting because it is too loud. Hopefully, any coach that is interested in the job, is not on here reading this stuff because they might withdrawl from consideration.