The_Dude_Abides

Nelson County Coaching Job

I've heard a few names, but none I can confirm. They tend to be kind of closed-lipped at NCHS about this kind of stuff. I do expect something to be announced in the next couple weeks, however.

Is there a timetable for the Nelson County schools to split? Or is that not quite a done deal?

Is there a timetable for the Nelson County schools to split? Or is that not quite a done deal?

They haven't set a firm date, but the plan is to have the new West Nelson HS (or whatever they're going to call it) open for the 2011-12 school year.

I would say with this type of position and the turnover in the program that they will take their time and hire a quality coach that intends to re-build this

football program from the top all the way down. Today it seems that coaches are always looking for the next best job rather than building a tradition. Mark Brown built a solid tradition their, and it has slipped away. The Echoes can be restored, but I think it will come from outside.

They haven't set a firm date, but the plan is to have the new West Nelson HS (or whatever they're going to call it) open for the 2011-12 school year.

I'd name them Half Nelson and Full Nelson

New coach will be introduced tomorrow afternoon.

Any clues Jim?

New coach will be introduced tomorrow afternoon.

Would it be a current assistant or are they looking out of county for new HC?

Would it be a current assistant or are they looking out of county for new HC?

Current assistant Jamie Egli, the offensive coordinator, was elevated to head coach.

I was told more than 15 people applied for this job.

Current assistant Jamie Egli, the offensive coordinator, was elevated to head coach.

I was told more than 15 people applied for this job.

Check that — more than 15 people interviewed. Didn't catch how many applied.

You would think a program of this caliber and potential after going 12-29 in the last four years would have evaluated this situation a little different. Maybe by going inside this sends a clear message to young men that play football (If you want to play for a championship/go to Bardstown), or maybe someone else was offered and did not except because of the shaky administrative situation within the entire school district. If you look at the total picture if you were offered the position chances are you would not be working for the same admistration that is there now. Best of Luck to the new

coach and most of all to the community and the players.

Your friend in sports