StepYoGameUp

Your Bow

I shoot a PSE Renegade, which is an old bow. But I am setup well on it and am dead on out to 40 yards. The first bow I owned was a Bear Whitetail at 55lbs. Next came the Whitetail II. I was just a pup back then....

A whitetail hunter was my first bow as well, same poundage. I know one thing, those bows were dang near indestructable, the old hanger type wheels there was not a lot to go wrong with. The Whitetail hunter was so slow that a person may have been able to run and beat the arrow to the target :lol: but they were deadly accurate.

Well let me know how it goes next year.:flame:

:lol: I'll keep you informed when I pick you up at the old folks home!!:jump:

I bet you are probably the only hunter that has a single digit Social Security number.::D

Bowtech Allegiance, 69#, smooth draw modules. Incredible bow. Fast, smooth, extremely hard hitting.

PSE Stinger...... Economical, light, short, fast, smooth and deadly.

PSE Durango set at 60lbs. (older bow but it works for me)

Anybody have any major opinions about broadheads? I've always shot Muzzy's 3-blade heads. I was talking to a few bow hunters over the weekend though, and they talked awfully highly of G5 Montecs and NAP Thunderheads. Of the 4 of us, none of us have ever shot anything with expandable blades.

I use to shoot Muzzy 3 blade but when I bought my Tribute I couldn't get them to fly worth a crap out of it. I switched to slick tricks and loved them. Decided to try Rages a couple of years ago and will never shoot anything else now. I can take 6 arrows, 3 with field tips and 3 with Rages, shoot all 6 at 5 yards and won't have to touch my sites. I could never do that with Muzzy's or Slick Tricks. They would always hit a little lower then field points even at 20 yards. Plus if you have never seen what a Rage 2 blade does to a deer you would be amazed.

As far as the G5 Montecs, I have never personally shot them but a buddy of mine use too and really liked them. He shoots rages now but keeps one arrow in his quiver with a Montec for when he hunts in his blind. You can't shoot the Rages through Mesh.

Bought some rage 2 blade. My bow is set at 60lb and they do not exit the deer. I lose an arrow every time. I'm going back to Muzzy 3 blades. Tried and true.

Bought some rage 2 blade. My bow is set at 60lb and they do not exit the deer. I lose an arrow every time. I'm going back to Muzzy 3 blades. Tried and true.

Pass through has everything to do with shot placement and nothing to do with your poundage. I never had a pass through until I started shooting rages. I also never missed hitting the shoulder until I switched to rages. My bow is a 60lb max and the last time I checked it it was only pulling about 57lbs. Had a pass through on a 30 yard shot.

"Thunderheads" for 18 years now. No reason to change or even try anything else.