3. Johnson Central

4. Prestonsburg

5. Corbin

6. Hazard

7. Letcher County Central

8. Sheldon Clark

9. Knox Central

10. Whitley County

I'll never understand why Belfry isn't #1...

I'll never understand why Belfry isn't #1...

Why do you think they deserve to be ahead of Bell County?

Why do you think they deserve to be ahead of Bell County?

Why does Bell Co. deserve to be in front of Belfry?

Why does Oklahoma deserve to be ahead of Alabama in the college polls? Its a rating guys get over it Bell deserves to stay atop till somebody beats them get over it.

Why does Oklahoma deserve to be ahead of Alabama in the college polls? Its a rating guys get over it Bell deserves to stay atop till somebody beats them get over it.

That's just it. It's a ranking, not standings. Therefore, if the voters think Belfry or JC is playing better right now, they have every right to rank them ahead of Bell.

I can't believe Whitley County is just 10th. I never take the Mountain Top 10 too seriously.

No, I don't think I will "get over it". Bell and Belfry are both undefeated ( which means Belfry hasn't lost either), so why is Bell in front of Belfry? It's the "Mountain Top 10" so there is no need to bring college football into this matter.

No, I don't think I will "get over it". Bell and Belfry are both undefeated ( which means Belfry hasn't lost either), so why is Bell in front of Belfry? It's the "Mountain Top 10" so there is no need to bring college football into this matter.

I would venture to say that the reason that Bell is ahead of Belfry is because when they are in alphabetical order Belfry comes first, and they are trying to make Bell feel better.

OR it could be that Bell has played a tougher schedule and is more well thought of by the pollsters, and get more votes.......

Personally I think Bell is the best team in the mountains right now. That could change but right now (this week) they are better.

"Get over it" or not it makes no difference they are still the best team and it won't change the poll even if you don't get over it

I would venture to say that the reason that Bell is ahead of Belfry is because when they are in alphabetical order Belfry comes first, and they are trying to make Bell feel better.

OR it could be that Bell has played a tougher schedule and is more well thought of by the pollsters, and get more votes.......

Personally I think Bell is the best team in the mountains right now. That could change but right now (this week) they are better.

"Get over it" or not it makes no difference they are still the best team and it won't change the poll even if you don't get over it

Its rankings, so no big deal.

Belfry has tried to settle this debate the past few years on the field.......and Bell Co. has not stepped up to the challenge.

Bell was ranked #1 before the season started so it's not the schedule. And as for the pollsters.... they're terrible.

Bell was ranked #1 before the season started so it's not the schedule. And as for the pollsters.... they're terrible.

Well somebody has to be number one to start the season, and they have held up their end of the bargin by not getting beat. Normally (fair or not) if you don't get beat you maintain your ranking.

And I would agree the pollsters are not too good, I think coaches do a much better job, but you would never get a true public (coaches poll) poll since every week the team that they are playing they would rank #1......

In three weeks they will have both played a common opponent in Sheldon Clark. Although Bell's schedule has a few soft spots to date, they have played a much better schedule than Belfry.

The only thing that gets me is every single year Bell always starts out higher than Belfry in the Mountain Top 10 for whatever reason, including the past five years.

In that time Belfry has reached 5 consecutive State Semi's, Reached the Finals 3 Times, and won it all twice. Belfry has also only lost ONCE to any other mountain school during that time (Sheldon Clark who otherwise the Pirates have went 5-1 against) and have been flawless against such power programs as Breathitt County, Pburg, Pikeville, Corbin, Middlesboro, and Somerset. Bell County, have lost 5 games to mountain schools in that span. And if someone wants to use the arguement that Belfry's class has been easier than Bell's over that time, thus the success, then I point to Bell's lone Semi-Finals appearance in 2004. This was, IMO, Bell County's best team in this span, and that group of Bobcats took a loss to a Pburg team who Belfry defeated twice that season.

Here is where each team's season has finished since 2003:

Belfry= State Champs

Bell County= 1st Round LOSS

Belfry= State Champs

Bell County= State Semi's LOSS

Belfry= State Semi's LOSS

Bell County= Regional Finals LOSS

Bell County= 2nd Round LOSS

Belfry= State Finals LOSS

IMO, Belfry has definately been the King of the Mountain's in recent years, and if Bell wants to change that all it takes is the Re-dial button :D

The only thing that gets me is every single year Bell always starts out higher than Belfry in the Mountain Top 10 for whatever reason, including the past five years.

In that time Belfry has reached 5 consecutive State Semi's, Reached the Finals 3 Times, and won it all twice. Belfry has also only lost ONCE to any other mountain school during that time (Sheldon Clark who otherwise the Pirates have went 5-1 against) and have been flawless against such power programs as Breathitt County, Pburg, Pikeville, Corbin, Middlesboro, and Somerset. Bell County, have lost 5 games to mountain schools in that span. And if someone wants to use the arguement that Belfry's class has been easier than Bell's over that time, thus the success, then I point to Bell's lone Semi-Finals appearance in 2004. This was, IMO, Bell County's best team in this span, and that group of Bobcats took a loss to a Pburg team who Belfry defeated twice that season.

Here is where each team's season has finished since 2003:

Belfry= State Champs

Bell County= 1st Round LOSS

Belfry= State Champs

Bell County= State Semi's LOSS

Bell County= 2nd Round LOSS

Belfry= State Finals LOSS

IMO, Belfry has definately been the King of the Mountain's in recent years, and if Bell wants to change that all it takes is the Re-dial button :D

For some reason you failed to mention that Bell is a 4A school and Belfry is a 3A school. And before the class system changed Bell was a 3A school and Belfry a 2A school. I believe if Bell was a class down they would have some state titles recently. Both teams are very good. I can't say for sure who would win between each team every year. But year in and year out Bell plays much tougher competition.