Beechwood 35 Covington Catholic 21 (Take #2)

theguru

We need to stick to the game.

I just finished watching it. The game was pretty close until the 4th. I know I am stating the obvious but CCH is far too slow on defense and that was the difference in the game.

PVS is on another level. I would put the ball in his hands 30 times a game.

I don't see how any Class A team is going to beat Beechwood.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beechwood looked VERY good, imo there is a reason why they are ranked #1 in the State, they are that good! I didn't get to see all of it but I have it on dvr and it is going t be replayed tommorow at noon od FSN Ohio so I am confident that I will see all of it.

#9 for Cov Cath was an athlete. Vansant I think was the name, that kid can flat out play.:thumb:

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

My one gripe with the offense for CCH is they try to run run run, why not run more with PVS? You have an enormous threat with Isler and Van Sant through the air..why not utlize him more on the ground? And the line has GOT to block..I really dont think anything else can be said than what was shown and happened tonight. This was a good game and I honestly felt CCH was going to pull it out and win it until about the end of the third. I honestly don't know what to think about next week at Elder...

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I honestly don't know what to think about next week at Elder...

Let me give you a hint...

Elder 45

CovCath 3

This is NOT going to be close. Elder fans are "not happy" that CovCath isn't going to be the harbin cow they expected. They will take that frustration out on an already defeated bunch of kids.

Best wishes to CCH...you going to need it next week. :cry:

-CF

My one gripe with the offense for cch is they try to run run run, why not run more with PVS? You have an enormous threat with Isler and Van Sant through the air..why not utlize him more on the ground? And the line has GOT to block..I really dont think anything else can be said than what was shown and happened tonight. This was a good game and I honestly felt CCH was going to pull it out and win it until about the end of the third. I honestly don't know what to think about next week at Elder...

I didn't think they were very effective when handing off to VanSant. He was great in the open field off of short passes, but I don't think they have the line to run the ball with anybody.

I didn't think they were very effective when handing off to VanSant. He was great in the open field off of short passes, but I don't think they have the line to run the ball with anybody.

What? This is a D-1 line according to preseason reports?? Good job Beechwood. See ya in Louisville:thumb:

What? This is a D-1 line according to preseason reports?? Good job Beechwood. See ya in Louisville:thumb:

With all respect, easy there stud. I'm sure that the CovCath coaches thought their O line was going to do better than they have so far and I am like wise sure that each and every kid on their O line is doing the absolute best that they can, to the best of their abilities. Let's not take joy in another team's struggles and disappointments. When CovCath beat us in 06, I received nothing but kind words and condolences from many, many CovCath fans because they knew the disappointment that I and my son were experiencing. I genuinely appreciated those kind words. Perhaps the CovCath coaches "hyped" their O line too much in the preseason; they won't be the first coaches to have hyped their players big time and you know I have someone particular in mind. :D:D

I beieve coach Brossart was quoted as saying this is the "best offensive line he has ever seen at the high school level," why all of a sudden are people saying CCH has no talent. They are playing like they have no talent. This is not true. The talent is not being utilized correctly and the offensive and defensive schemes are horrible.

Leatherneck you are a true gentleman and sportman. I am not as close to the CCH program since all of my boys have graduated, but you are correct, those young men are playing hard every snap. It is a hard thing to watch, but something is missing with the program.

Ok, I'll agree with you there, but I trust the ball more in Pat's hands than in alot of others to make things happen. No slight to any of the other guys, especially Deters because I think he is a great runner as well.

I beieve coach Brossart was quoted as saying this is the "best offensive line he has ever seen at the high school level," why all of a sudden are people saying CCH has no talent. They are playing like they have no talent. This is not true. The talent is not being utilized correctly and the offensive and defensive schemes are horrible.

I agree, people saying the talent is down isn't the issue. It may not be as phenomenal as it was in 06, but there is plenty of talent out there.

Leatherneck you are a true gentleman and sportman. I am not as close to the CCH program since all of my boys have graduated, but you are correct, those young men are playing hard every snap. It is a hard thing to watch, but something is missing with the program.

Thanks Pop. I've had sons and friends who are coaches criticized on here before. People forget these are players and coaches doing the best that they can, working their tails off year around to become the best football players and coaches they can become. And the coaches make pennies on the hour for the amount of time they put into a sport they love doing the best they can. Remembering that helps me temper my criticism of players and coaches. I am confident that no one, absolutely no one, feels worse about CovCath's performances than Brossart. I am confident that no one, absolutely no one, feels worse about the problems the CovCath O line is having than the young men playing on that O line. If they all work to the best of their abilities, then they can look themselves in the mirror and keep their heads held high.

How is your son doing? I hope all is well with him.