steve kahn

Highlands/Hopkinsville predictions

Who wins this one?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one?

I think its going to be a close game. Very long trip for the Birds, game on Saturday which is out of the normal rythm, and from what I'm told some very nice athletes on Hoptown's team adds up to a big challenge for the Birds. Also coming off of a huge win, could have a few of the Birds feeling a little full of themselves.

I tend to agree. Long trip and Sat. game. HHS won't lose but I do see a closer game than most expect. And I don't think the kids are the problem with being full of themselves. If you read the comments of some posters (and I am assuming it's parents)in other threads, wow, lets keep it real. Let the kids play one game at a time and work their way to the state championship and not give the accolades too early. They have to earn it and not think it's being givin to them. JMO!

I tend to agree. Long trip and Sat. game. HHS won't lose but I do see a closer game than most expect. And I don't think the kids are the problem with being full of themselves. If you read the comments of some posters (and I am assuming it's parents)in other threads, wow, lets keep it real. Let the kids play one game at a time and work their way to the state championship and not give the accolades too early. They have to earn it and not think it's being givin to them. JMO!

:thumb: Some of the comments really worry me if the same attitude is taken up by the team. Don't think the coaches or seniors will allow that to happen.

Blowout!!!!

Sounds like all Highlands has to do is not get lost on the trip down.:sleep:

Sounds like all Highlands has to do is not get lost on the trip down.:sleep:

Not all the posters predicting a blow out are Highlands folks. Let me assure you, the Highlands coaches, team and most of the fans have the utmost respect for the Hopkinsville program and expect a good game.

Not all the posters predicting a blow out are Highlands folks. Let me assure you, the Highlands coaches, team and most of the fans have the utmost respect for the Hopkinsville program and expect a good game.

And most if not all of the posters thinking its going to be a close game are Highlands fans. I've seen Hoptown play. They have a very nice football team and a particularly good defense.

Little bit different situation for the Birds this weekend. Different time frame, long drive. Big win over arch rival. Perfect setup for a trap game. With that being said, I'd be suprised if this one is close.

Anyone know if star Josh Conner will be playing this game? Or Clint Crawford?

If so, the game wont even be close...:dancingpa

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

anyone know if star Josh Conner will be playing this game? or Clint Crawford?

if so, the game wont even be close...:dancingpa

Haven't heard. I'm sure these guys will be 100% before the staff even thinks about playing them. BTW their backups are more than capable of totin the rock for the Birds:thumb:

Is this the first-time the Birds fly to western end of the Commonwealth in a few seasons?

Is Stadium of Champions a turf or grass field?

Birds by 21!

Isn't Hoptown 2-3??? If they played Trinity, St.X, and BG then I might be a little worried but they haven't...I think the Birds ROLL!!!!!!!:ylsuper::ylsuper:

Listen, Highlands is head and shoulders better than Hopkinsville...This would have been a great matchup back in the mid to late 90's when Artose Pinner, Miguel Merrit and several others roamed the field, but, this isn't the same caliber team as some of those..They have some good athletes and are an average to good team, but, not in the class of Highlands teams of the past year or 2 or this year...

Listen, Highlands is head and shoulders better than Hopkinsville...This would have been a great matchup back in the mid to late 90's when Artose Pinner, Miguel Merrit and several others roamed the field, but, this isn't the same caliber team as some of those..They have some good athletes and are an average to good team, but, not in the class of Highlands teams of the past year or 2 or this year...

The best team does not always win. It is the team that plays better that wins!!!! Go BIRDS(ONE GAME AT A TIME):fight: