00Rocket28

Crittenden County 27 Mayfield 14

Na, the only thing I'm sore about is your announcers calling Crittenden kids "idiots"

I listened to the whole game except the last minute or so and I never heard either announcer call them anything, much less idiots..Not saying it didn't happen, but, I sure didn't hear it..

Could be. I just remember a year that everyone was jumping off the bandwagon and the noone could handle them come playoff time.
It was 2001 ... Mayfield was 2-5 and a lot of people were picking Murray and/or Ballard Memorial to beat them. Counting the playoffs, Mayfield ended up beating them a combined four times, each time by at least three touchdowns.

Mayfield led Danville, the eventual state champion, going into the fourth quarter in the semifinals, but ended up losing 17-10.

Well, I am sorry, maybe the 93 team started out their first games losing?
In 1993, Mayfield started out 2-3 under first-year coach Paul Leahy, then won 10 in a row to win the state title.

It was 2001 ... Mayfield was 2-5 and a lot of people were picking Murray and/or Ballard Memorial to beat them. Counting the playoffs, Mayfield ended up beating them a combined four times, each time by at least three touchdowns.

Mayfield led Danville, the eventual state champion, going into the fourth quarter in the semifinals, but ended up losing 17-10.

I was at that game.:thumb:

I listened to the whole game except the last minute or so and I never heard either announcer call them anything, much less idiots..Not saying it didn't happen, but, I sure didn't hear it..

It was right after the whistle blew and Crittenden fans ran on the radio from what I understand.

No offense... but does ANYONE go to the games?

You know, I was thinking the same thing, I read on here so many times where people are just listening or they heard about the game. I don't understand it anymore, the fan base has gotten really bad at all HS football games I have been noticing. Mayfield's fan showing was one of the worst I have ever seen and on the Crittenden side, it wasn't much better. Really sad IMO, it takes some kind of rivalry or something really special to bring out good crowds these days. I was kinda thinking with the economy the way it was folks would stay in town and go to games but I guess the interest is just not there.

You know, I was thinking the same thing, I read on here so many times where people are just listening or they heard about the game. I don't understand it anymore, the fan base has gotten really bad at all HS football games I have been noticing. Mayfield's fan showing was one of the worst I have ever seen and on the Crittenden side, it wasn't much better. Really sad IMO, it takes some kind of rivalry or something really special to bring out good crowds these days. I was kinda thinking with the economy the way it was folks would stay in town and go to games but I guess the interest is just not there.

Yea I remember in 98 when you guys came to Crittenden, you couldn't find a seat. I'd say there was easily 4k people there.

Yea I remember in 98 when you guys came to Crittenden, you couldn't find a seat. I'd say there was easily 4k people there.

It was the same way in 2002.

Well, the Tilghman-Mayfield game should be pretty packed with Graves on a bye week, I have heard several Graves fans say they are coming.

It's ashame you have to rely on another teams fan base to fill the seats...Now, there are alot of people who make the trip down from other places every year for the Mfd/PT game, so, the crowd would likely be pretty good anyway, but, with exception to this game, the Graves game and a good playoff game here and there, the Mayfield fans have really shrunk..